Southampton sphincters A Sun 23rd Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Southampton sphincters A Sun 23rd Oct KO 2pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

I like Tierney but he is so Left Footed, every time he is given the balll if he can't run with it he has to pass it backwards and we are back where we started...

Eddie the feather simply Awful, we should NEVER have allowed him to stay

Vieira - like a puff of wind needs to bulk up or fuck-off!

Even Saliba was nervous & dodgy..

The way they strolled through our defence to score was un-believable, it was as if our back line had a bet in for them score at least one goal...

Oh! Yeah! and Walnutt you cheating, diving, littleCUNT - I hope you get your spine severed

Is this the beginning of our topple :cry:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:56 pm
If that final play was at the other end the corner would have been given and time extended to give them a final chance to score. Guaranteed!!
Exactly my thoughts..I had over the corners in my bet builder aswell and missed out cos of it ffs

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Title winning teams go to these bottom half teams and usually sweep them aside with casual abandon, swagger and verve. We don't, we are unable to, when we do win, it is a desperate 1 goal, hanging on by a ball hair victory. You don't win titles like that.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That’s been coming. We were appalling away to Bodo and shocking away at Leeds last week but stole the wins.

Today after 30 minutes of complete domination we imploded and were lucky we didn’t lose it. Referee was corrupt but when it started to go against us and players pissed away possession all over the pitch we had no leader to step up and grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Instead every player tried to outdo each other in the how quickly can we pass the ball to Southampton stakes.

Jesus needs a goal badly, in the last few games he’s had bucket loads of chances but is snatching at everything scuffing shots and any time he does connect with power it’s straight at the keeper.

I had zero confidence he’d score when one on one second half.

Our paper thin squad will be our undoing. Even with all hands on deck we’re light but with ESR, El Neny and Zinchenko already crocked we already look jaded with the 3 games a week schedule.

Partey looked like he was wearing concrete boots for the last 15 mins. Plodding around the pitch passing to the opposition.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Every fucking time we have a chance to take advantage of the teams around us dropping points we blow it.

Last season was rife with it and today was the same. it's a shame because we had the opportunity to go 4 clear but we bottled it again.

Still, 2 pts clear is still good but it could've been better.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

You can't win every game, especially in plge, so no knee jerk reaction from me!
What today did highlight again however was Arteta's inability to react and either change or get hold of a situation like we saw today!
He is undoubtedly a good coach but he needs a "Queiroz type" assistant to advise him and consult during games.
We are also possibly seeing why Guardiola used Jesus sparingly, he looks fucked 11 games into the season.
On a brighter note, I put a tenner in the draw, just before saints equalised 6/1.
:barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Not much to say that hasn’t already been said…
After 20 minsins we looked tired, jaded and not up for it.

Think Saka and Martinelli try to take too many on, once you beaten two lay it off and make a run for the return.

Eddie offered next to nothing, Vieira possibly less, when they came on.

Wake up call, bit of a reality check - we are still capable of playing really badly.

Still top
Last edited by StuartL on Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

IMO I think we should aim for top 4 and throw everything at the Europa.....our squad is too light to aim at winning both. If we do, we are in danger at losing out at both.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If he doesn’t play the stiffs Thursday and rolls with the first teamers again then we’ll struggle again next Sunday.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:06 pm
Every fucking time we have a chance to take advantage of the teams around us dropping points we blow it.

Last season was rife with it and today was the same. it's a shame because we had the opportunity to go 4 clear but we bottled it again.

Still, 2 pts clear is still good but it could've been better.

Agreed mate...

You watch... Just to really complete my week-end the Filth from down the road will scrape a win - Probably by one of their Diving CuntyDuo Pot Poodle or Fat Tongue

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We started Brightly etc - scored a very good goal but after that we turned to shyte.

The Ref (robert jones) is aCUNT :cussing:

ps; New Signings in January is a MUST... Eddie and Vieira are like cocktail sticks weak and get muscled out of every 50/50

Tierney needs to learn how to kick with his Right Foot

It comes to something when there are players who are worse than Clive. :cry:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Frustrating draw given our results so far this season. Might I suggest start Eddie against Forest next week, or start Martinelli through the middle, Jesus looking a bit jaded and doesn't look like he'll be awarded a penalty anytime soon.
Still, a better result and performance than last season at St Mary's.
Ridiculous yellow card for Saka, which should be appealed against.
Like the fact the coach took the yellow card for Arteta when we had a blatant penalty shout.
Didn't VAR look at the foul on Tierney before the Odegaard goal?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:09 pm
IMO I think we should aim for top 4 and throw everything at the Europa.....our squad is too light to aim at winning both. If we do, we are in danger at losing out at both.
I don’t think there’s anyone that thinks we’re in with a serious chance of wining the league is there? :shock: City will absolutely stroll it by 15 points minimum.

Maybe at a push we’ve an outside chance of being best of the rest but ultimately when it boils down to it I reckon we’ll be scrapping it out for 4th and wether we succeed or not will boil down to keeping players injury free.

The fact we’ve 3 long terms injuries and are already showing signs of fatigue would certainly have you concerned though.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
well that is what we are doing isnt it?
although i would play the reserves for the final 2 group games now that we have qualified.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:28 pm
xisstential wrote:
I don’t think there’s anyone that thinks we’re in with a serious chance of wining the league is there? :shock: City will absolutely stroll it by 15 points minimum.

Maybe at a push we’ve an outside chance of being best of the rest but ultimately when it boils down to it I reckon we’ll be scrapping it out for 4th and wether we succeed or not will boil down to keeping players injury free.

The fact we’ve 3 long terms injuries and are already showing signs of fatigue would certainly have you concerned though.
the Liverpool defeat yesterday was big for us - the less chance they have of getting top 4 the better.
I think Chelsea and Spurs are certainties for top 4 unfortunately.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

We're just not scoring enough goals.
4 single goals in last 4 games.
The possession amd chances have to be converted to the only thing that matters.