PSV Eindhoven A Thu 27th Oct KO 545pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: PSV Eindhoven A Thu 27th Oct KO 545pm

Post by rodders999 »

Roll with the stiffs, take the L and then win the final game at home against an awful Zurich side next week to sail through top of group. PSV are away to Bodo which will be tough so we may not even need another point in this group.

The first 11, who’ve been showing signs of fatigue of late get a full week’s rest before Forest and you’ve managed fitness levels well during a crazy month of fixtures in a condensed season.

Instead he rolls with the entire first 11, puts more minutes in their legs and loses the fucking game anyway.

An awful night and so so unnecessary. As I’ve said already the only blessing will be if this results in a complete reset in what has been an awful run of form. If that’s what proves to be the case then it may just be worth it.

If we continue our shit form Sunday though then you’d have it be massively concerned the wheels of our season are all about to come loose.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Oh well. They were a decent team. We need to beat Zurich at home to win the group. We're top of the league and had a run of physical and scrappy games over the last few weeks. I'd rather have lost this than a league game.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As i said there are serious question marks over Arteta's decision making still. Hopefully this will be a blip and we'll come out all guns blazing on Sunday but in all honesty i'm not holding my breath.

There was not one player tonight who can hold their head high and some of them not just the regular starters like Martinelli looked out on their feet after about 20 mins. Viera was woeful on the wing, what happened to Marquinhios, Martinelli seriously needs a rest, i tthought Saliba looked a lot slower tonight too, God knows what has happened to Tierney, Tomi struggled too although wasn't as bad as some, Holding jesus wept he was awful, Nketiah pointless and as per usual Odegaard was missing in a must win game, ASL fucking hell i'm not sure he'd get into the under 16s world cup squad never mind the seniors and finally my old mate 'pointy cunty bollocks i am the second cumming of Jesus H Christ' i still can't see what deluded fans and pundits are raving about :roll:

Anyway we were shit they were better, Arteta's choices have put us under serious pressure both in the league and in Europe because 2nd in the group is a minefield with the teams droppiing down, it may not be as bad as it looks but it seriously ups the ante on us when we needed some relief

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

It's all going to come crashing down in true modern Arsenal style now :banghead:

At least I've been expecting it

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We were tollies and got tolleyholed :cry: There was no need to play as strong a team ffs El beige(novice) should've played the absolute stiffs and hit the fartpipes hard and from the off on sun..I would imagine forest will fancy themselves to get a result on sun now.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I couldn't give a fuck about this competition and would be quite content to crash out of it next week.
Given our thin squad it will only hinder our domestic campaign.
I still have grave doubts over Arteta, so I want no excuses if he doesn't deliver a top 4 finish at least.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anyone notice those couple of lads on here that were calling Lobotomy Clive a top player and Martinez-Lite a top manager are never on these threads after these types of games? :roll:

All fucking mouth and name calling when we win. Go into hiding when we are utter shit. :roll:

One of these cùnts called me "obsessed" because I still think Lobotomy Clive is complete shit. :lol: :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:37 pm
Anyone notice those couple of lads on here that were calling Lobotomy Clive a top player and Martinez-Lite a top manager are never on these threads after these types of games? :roll:

All fucking mouth and name calling when we win. Go into hiding when we are utter shit. :roll:

One of these cùnts called me "obsessed" because I still think Lobotomy Clive is complete shit. :lol: :wink:
I get it at work from a couple of fellow gooners DB.They think my hatred for Xhaka blinds me the turnaround he's had..I tell them he will let us down numerous times between now and may,cos he's an utter cockhole :cry:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Exactly, I fully expect us to thump Forest at the weekend, but I honestly think the Chavs (despite their shortcomings) could expose ours! Namely Arteta!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The way the fixtures have fallen hasn’t been massively kind to us either, 4 of our last 5 games have been away from home which is a bit of a slog and an unusual run to be on.

Our last 2 home games in the league before that were the scum and Liverpool, two energy sapping, high intensity games, so it’s been put up to the players of late and they’ve shown signs of not being able to cope with the demands.

Forest at home Sunday is probably the game you’d handpick to try and get things back on track but you never fucking know with this lot.

Hopefully it’s a comprehensive win with Jesus bagging a couple because he could badly do with getting back on the scoresheet. It’s an absolutely massive game now.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Fuck 'em, so what if you're obsessed about the useless duffer, so am I....doesn't make us wrong. It's like having a big fucking rat living in your kitchen and being obsessed about catching it. Would they just smile and say "oh well, live and let live" while their kids catch a disease.

Just realised, that's a strange analogy, but fuck it. :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:16 pm
Oh well. They were a decent team. We need to beat Zurich at home to win the group. We're top of the league and had a run of physical and scrappy games over the last few weeks. I'd rather have lost this than a league game.
My sentiments exactly. Hopefully, this will re energize the team until the world cup.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

No excuses - we were pathetic. Sometimes players think they can just turn up & the game will go their way. How wrong that attitude can be. I'm now worried about our best 11 going forward because most of our so called first team players all got a run today without impressing. We just don't look like scoring. Forest beat us last year in the cup so I wouldn't be shocked if they got a result on Sunday. :barscarf: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

When you give a novice a big job then expect big mistakes and that's what happened last night. How Arteta can't see that playing your main players every game is going to lead to fatigue and injuries, even Wenger knew to rotate at times. The start to the season has been great but it's lead to Artetaites drooling at the supposed managerial masterclass yet when the inevitable comes and we begin to slide they will go quiet and claim anyone questioning the manager is not a real fan.

shu

Post by shu »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:16 pm

Perry I think most fans on here need a reset :D

Just checked the league table , yes it is still The Arsenal top !