Forest fartboxes H Sun 30th Oct KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Forest fartboxes H Sun 30th Oct KO 2pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

Great win and 4 goals scored down the end I was sitting :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Chavs away followed by Wolves away before the World Cup.

That will mean 4 of our last 5 league games will have been away from home, how the fuck has that happened.

That’s very unfair and a run like that is rife for dropping points. I bet no other team are going to be subjected to that shit.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:01 pm
Chavs away followed by Wolves away before the World Cup.

That will mean 4 of our last 5 league games will have been away from home, how the fuck has that happened.

That’s very unfair and a run like that is rife for dropping points. I bet no other team are going to be subjected to that shit.
City game rescheduled

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Good win against bottom feeders. This crowd will be relegated by February but we can only play what's in front of us and we got the job done.

Nelson is not even bench material for a PL club. It's bollocks to say calling a poor player a poor player is being "negative", absolute bollocks. Why pretend he's something he's not ffs? :roll:

He'll get a career out of the game, at somewhere like Bolton or Stoke or Norwich, and there's no shame in that. But two years ago it was obvious he was not PL quality and its even more obvious now, exactly like Comedy Iwobi and Willock, both of whom were known to be not good enough on here years ago - but we were all accused of "being negative" then too.

Reality is not negativity ffs.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Good solid win. About time we pulled out one of these scorelines against a team at the bottom of the table.
Listened to it on R5L, liked they way they kept referring to Nelson as a young player, even though he's OLDER than the player he replaced.
They kept rolling out the "fact" that the only team to have as many points as we currently have at this stage of the season and not win the league was Keegan's Newcastle in 1996. Can't imagine Arteta melting like Keegan did, but it's all good at the moment.
Potters bubble has burst and wolves are relegation fodder. It all depends on this team's mentality. Judging by the way they keep bouncing back after a poor result, and not being overwhelmed when Man City take over at the top, their mentality seems to be in a good strong place at this point in time. Nothing is won in October.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:30 pm
Good win against bottom feeders. This crowd will be relegated by February but we can only play what's in front of us and we got the job done.

Nelson is not even bench material for a PL club. It's bollocks to say calling a poor player a poor player is being "negative", absolute bollocks. Why pretend he's something he's not ffs? :roll:

He'll get a career out of the game, at somewhere like Bolton or Stoke or Norwich, and there's no shame in that. But two years ago it was obvious he was not PL quality and its even more obvious now, exactly like Comedy Iwobi and Willock, both of whom were known to be not good enough on here years ago - but we were all accused of "being negative" then too.

I'm also referring to those saying Forest would trouble us.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

I think those that were expecting Forest to cause problems still have in mind our collapses in previous year’s, coupled with Forest’s unexpected victory vs the dippers :barscarf:

Once it was 2-0 it was game over, thankfully, which meant the chaps could relax and just play
One very bad moment at 1-0 when Gabriel played an extremely loose pass inside the box could have made a very different game had Forest taken it.

Shame Jesus didn’t notch (if only for my pre season bet he needs 15) but he more than played his part in the victory ✌️

Hope Saka is okay, I’d rest him mid week regardless, let Nelson have another bash, while his confidence is up.

We are top of the league, said we are top of the league :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:high5:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

SAID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXn8xdNcpc

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Brilliant win, was jumping up and down, this team is exciting for sure, don't know about anyone else but I never expected us to be here at this point so am just loving this period.

Of course we won't win the league but fuck it I'm enjoying having a drink while watching us this season, we all know we could do with some additional players but that's not what I'm focusing on today.

Funny that some posters are waiting for us to fuck up a few times before they grace us with their superior knowledge of the game :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

That is a fair point. :D :wink:

But for years these were the kind of games that were banana skins for us so I suppose it takes a while to get out of that mindset.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:58 pm
Brilliant win, was jumping up and down, this team is exciting for sure, don't know about anyone else but I never expected us to be here at this point so am just loving this period.

Of course we won't win the league but fuck it I'm enjoying having a drink while watching us this season, we all know we could do with some additional players but that's not what I'm focusing on today.

Funny that some posters are waiting for us to fuck up a few times before they grace us with their superior knowledge of the game :wink:
Me too. Its been very pleasantly surprising. I still don't quite believe Martinez-Lite is the right man for the job but I'm hoping he proves me very wrong. So far so good this season apart from a couple slip ups. But yeah enjoying it so far! 8)

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

We might win it yet....
A third of the way through the season and despite all Haaland's record breaking it is us who are top of the league. Have already dispatched Liverpool and Spurs in convincing fashion...

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Far too much negativity/criticism from too many on this forum.
I think you're missing the point mate. We want to be where City are... City don't have a Rees Nelson on to he bench. We can't have a Rees Nelson type on the bench if we want to be better than City!
We need better quality in the squad.

shu

Post by shu »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:53 pm
:high5:

SAID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXn8xdNcpc

We are top of the league

And 9 games in October

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:25 pm

We might win it yet....
A third of the way through the season and despite all Haaland's record breaking it is us who are top of the league. Have already dispatched Liverpool and Spurs in convincing fashion...
Well I'm not going to knock your optimism but there's a long way to go yet with two games against city as well.

I am just hoping we are still in the mix for top four cone April.