Brighton bulbeyes H Weds 9th Nov KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: Brighton bulbeyes H Weds 9th Nov KO 745pm

Post by gooner265 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:38 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:24 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:44 pm
If we're getting stressed about this then we need to remember we're top of the league and fast becoming the most exciting club in Europe. This won't matter in six months.
Oh do fuck off - we are nowhere near that good.

We have a few exciting players and have had a good run of form. That is all.

Tonight has shown that we have very little in reserve. I am cautiously optimistic that we might get a top 4 finish. apart from that forget it
shown tonight ???? we have always had no reserve quality despite paying top wages....this is another arteta mistake...pointed out at last transfer window
Not a mistake, he wanted two quality players for every position, always ambitious we didnt quite get there but im certain we will go back in
January. Think this window will be very different than usual January windows , we also have Smith Rowe coming back which will be massive, but like others said Im glad we're out this.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:53 pm
Thynker wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:39 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:38 pm
Thynker wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:35 pm
We aren't clinical enough in front of goal.
That's it.
22 attempts but only 4 on target :oops:
And Brighton have as many on target from 13 attempts.
Even when they are on target, we too often hit it at the keeper.

For the number of chances we create, we should be hammering teams.
How many teams have we hammered since the pre-season friendlies?
Bournemouth 3-0
Brentford 3-0
Bodo glimt 3-0
Nottingham forest 5-0
Ffs mate give it up with the pointless stats. They mean nothing with out being qualified. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's disappointing to get knocked out of any cup. But if we have to be, then this is the one to sacrifice.

We are still top of the league. Hopefully we get in some top players in January. I'm quite confident we will get top 4. Maybe even top 2 or 3. The current squad depth is a concern though of course.

But I look on last night as a dent in whats been a great start to the season. Put it behind us. Roll on. 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:40 am
Fuck the result, we've had better teams than that dumped out the cup however the performance by all accounts was woeful and that is more worrying.

We have a fairly strong starting 11 and maybe 3 decent backs up players but we are deficient still in to many reserve areas, some of themay come good but players like Holding and Cedric as examples need replacing, there are a others
I think that the performance was what frustrated me most last night.
Sorry I forgot that most people couldn’t actually see any of the match.

I thought Reiss Nelson was probably the stand out player, especially in the 1st half.
The goalkeeper was bad beyond belief.

My view is that this was a winnable trophy - we won’t win the league and probably won’t win the Europa.
So it looks like we prioritised finishing top of the Europa group ahead of winning an actual trophy :roll:
Modern football :oops:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:32 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:08 pm
Blackburn knocked Wet Spam out on pens too. City really don't have anyone left to beat!!
Everyone keeps forgetting that Newcastle are going to be the team to beat for the next 20 years. they are the richest club in the world and with actual proper supporters unlike City.
Liverpool will be the team to beat if that sale for through. I'm sure players will choose them over man city and Newcastle.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:20 am
See Saliba was substituted, report said he was struggling.....was he injured?
No mate ANYONE partnered with Holding would struggle. :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:42 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:38 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:24 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:44 pm
If we're getting stressed about this then we need to remember we're top of the league and fast becoming the most exciting club in Europe. This won't matter in six months.
Oh do fuck off - we are nowhere near that good.

We have a few exciting players and have had a good run of form. That is all.

Tonight has shown that we have very little in reserve. I am cautiously optimistic that we might get a top 4 finish. apart from that forget it
shown tonight ???? we have always had no reserve quality despite paying top wages....this is another arteta mistake...pointed out at last transfer window
Not a mistake, he wanted two quality players for every position, always ambitious we didnt quite get there but im certain we will go back in
January. Think this window will be very different than usual January windows , we also have Smith Rowe coming back which will be massive, but like others said Im glad we're out this.
Thats your opinion.....My opinion should have brought in better replacements.....yes expecting he wil strengthen the sqaud...would not be surprised if they go back in for Tielmans in January
Last edited by Redarmy on Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:03 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:20 am
See Saliba was substituted, report said he was struggling.....was he injured?
No mate ANYONE partnered with Holding would struggle. :D
agreed ....and him and Gabriel are a nightmare together..... he sets Gabrielle off into a mad panic

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:37 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:35 pm
If we get injuries, what we had starting tonight steps in to the first team.

Confident?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This

Time and time again this season the reserves have failed.
We have an ok 1st 11 - other than that we are a mid table side
First 11 have been tremendous this season...top of the league... top of europa group...playing geat football with exciting young players......i will take that as ok anyday

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We have 13 players (including Tierney & Tomiyasu - Not including ESR and his long term injury) who can be considered Good Enough for the first 11, but after that there is a significant and serious drop in ability which is why any Injuries are a Huge Concern, if we are to maintain our Prem League form it is imperative that we keep this 13 players Fit and able to play all the Prem games at the very least.

It is obvious for anyone to see; even myself who had serious doubts over Arteta that there is a marked improvement since last season; however there are a couple of drawbacks to our ability to possibly win the title (besides the fact that Manky $hitty are a "Machine') and that is Arteta gave the likes of Nketiah a new and improved contract; whilst the majority of fans know he simply is not good enough nor ever will be, but at some point we may have to rely on him, Nelson, Elneny and Cedric - None of whom are good enough to be first team starters. I understand why he kept the latter two as he could only buy so many new players, which is another reason why this January Transfer window is Mega-Important, not only to strengthen the top 13/14(ESR) players, but to replace those who are just not good enough and get them bedded in asap for the games (Prem, FA Cup, Europa League) that await is in 2023.

As for last night; the game was done at 1 - 3 but. Arteta still risked some of those first team players by bringing them on at a stage where it was too late to save the game, especially as Carabou Cup is the least important of all the competitions and had we gone through to the next round would be more of a problem for our already thin resources.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Keeping clearly average players long after they've proven to be not up to scratch is a trait dating back at least 15 years to the Wenger days. Holding is a guy that will never be good enough for the club, likewise with Elneny but we don't seem arsed to look for a replacement. The club begging Nketiah to stay was a new low. I think we'll get top 4 but if we don't it will be down to some of the dross still hanging around the club.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:30 am
We have 13 players (including Tierney & Tomiyasu - Not including ESR and his long term injury) who can be considered Good Enough for the first 11, but after that there is a significant and serious drop in ability which is why any Injuries are a Huge Concern, if we are to maintain our Prem League form it is imperative that we keep this 13 players Fit and able to play all the Prem games at the very least.

It is obvious for anyone to see; even myself who had serious doubts over Arteta that there is a marked improvement since last season; however there are a couple of drawbacks to our ability to possibly win the title (besides the fact that Manky $hitty are a "Machine') and that is Arteta gave the likes of Nketiah a new and improved contract; whilst the majority of fans know he simply is not good enough nor ever will be, but at some point we may have to rely on him, Nelson, Elneny and Cedric - None of whom are good enough to be first team starters. I understand why he kept the latter two as he could only buy so many new players, which is another reason why this January Transfer window is Mega-Important, not only to strengthen the top 13/14(ESR) players, but to replace those who are just not good enough and get them bedded in asap for the games (Prem, FA Cup, Europa League) that await is in 2023.

As for last night; the game was done at 1 - 3 but. Arteta still risked some of those first team players by bringing them on at a stage where it was too late to save the game, especially as Carabou Cup is the least important of all the competitions and had we gone through to the next round would be more of a problem for our already thin resources.
Looks all true.....have doubts about Holding and Viera as well....not seen enough of Marquinos as yet

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:52 am
Keeping clearly average players long after they've proven to be not up to scratch is a trait dating back at least 15 years to the Wenger days. Holding is a guy that will never be good enough for the club, likewise with Elneny but we don't seem arsed to look for a replacement. The club begging Nketiah to stay was a new low. I think we'll get top 4 but if we don't it will be down to some of the dross still hanging around the club.
Stop mate - you'll have the internet soccer fanboys screeching at you about your "agenda"!! :lol: :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
!00% agree, trouble is not everone can see it :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:59 pm
BFG4 wrote:
!00% agree, trouble is not everone can see it :D
SCREECH!!! :shock:

AGENDA!!! :banghead:

SCREECH!! SCREECH!!! :shock:

:wink: