West Ham murdering filth H Boxing day KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: West Ham murdering filth H Boxing day KO 8pm

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:33 am
By the way how good were the crowd again tonight? Been the 12th man for well over a year now…seconds after the West Ham goal the roar from the crowd went up drowning out the away fans.

That’s happened a few times this season, unbelievable support. The toxic shit that used to plague the stadium is a thing of the past.

Majestic support both home any away.
Outside the ground is getting quite lively too! I know they divide opinion but personally I think it's pretty decent!

https://twitter.com/rafsenal/status/1607453935182450690

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:04 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:53 pm
Big 3 points lads..My fartbox had collapsed at half time if I'm honest.Great to come from behind,isnt it always.Get it up that murdering filth :barscarf:
I went for a glass of white wine at half time. What you did with your fucking arris and what went up there, is none of my business and quite frankly, I wouldn't be showing off about it on here, you dirty bloody bugger. If you're up to that sort of dirty business, I recommend you keep it quiet or at the very least start your own phone-line or something. Fucking hell. Some bloody people, they can't keep it quiet.
:D :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

:D :D i sometimes get confused not only by what thread im on but what forum too.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

So pleased Eddie scored last night and a very tidy finish with it. The daggers were out for him, so to contribute to the great 2nd half performance was the icing on the cake for me.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Delighted with the result...struggled in that first half but put them to the sword in the second

though Odergaard was outstanding, hes holding the ball and finding space when under pressure....hes also looking to go forward at every opportunity ...as for some of his passing its real quality

Nekitah now scored 11 goals in last 11 games...you cant knock that....but disappears for long periods

Ben White also had a decent game, along with Saka and Martinelli

nut flush gooner

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:24 am
Delighted with the result...struggled in that first half but put them to the sword in the second

though Odergaard was outstanding, hes holding the ball and finding space when under pressure....hes also looking to go forward at every opportunity ...as for some of his passing its real quality

Nekitah now scored 11 goals in last 11 games...you cant knock that....but disappears for long periods

We've become so attuned to Jesus all-action style that perhaps we forget that most strikers do drift in and out of games. The sign of a deadly striker is when he gets one or two big chances in a game and buries them.

shu

Post by shu »

Who wrote the report on the front page ???? He never makes a comment on the performance of Thomas Partey ? Who and why .

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Martinelli's goal gave the Pires v Totenham (5-4 vibes). Martinelli and Saka are so good. As for Nketiah, I rate him and think he will be part of the squad for years to come. He wont be a starter absent major improvement or scoring so much he has to play, but he can be our Tammy Abraham. If we get ihm the ball in the box he can do that. HIs build up play is no where near Jesus levels but that in the box movement and finish was top class. Jesus scored 5 goals in 15 matches, Ironically Nketiah could go past that number by the time Jesus returns.

First game back and 3 goal netted. it was ridiculous to assume an injured Jesus would cripple our attack. Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard still lit. Xhaka still making intelligent forward runs from deep. And Nketiah despite not being Jesus, also has his own qualities.

We can take 12 points from Brighton A, Newcastle H, Spurs A, Man United H.

nut flush gooner

Ohh and just to add, was soo good to see AW back at the Emirates last night.

Arteta seems to be timing things impeccably right now and you couldn't say that Wenger's presence in any way undermines the players or the manager. All of the division in the fanbase seems to have gone now, and he was given a raucous welcome back.

We can't be bitter forever right, sometimes it's time just to let go of the past and move on. Wenger is one of us after all.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Good result, just what we needed first game back. Odegaard rightly given motm, but he needs to add a bit of nastiness to his game. Henry mentioned it when talking with Saka post match, great players aren't nice on the pitch. DB10 had a nasty streak in him that made him difficult to play against. Saka is adding it, Jesus has it and Odegaard needs to get it in his game, if he does he'll be a helluva of a player.
Eddie's scored a great goal and he needs to add the aggression in his game too. Aggression in the box, and desire to get into goalscoring opportunities. It'll come but I'd love to hear Wrighty spending a few training sessions with him, like he did with Defoe. When you hear both Henry and McCoist saying the same things about Eddie as a goalscorer, someone should be showing these things to him.
It was good to see Wenger at the ground watching a match. The home crowd was amazing sounds like the buzz that we generated at Highbury back in the '88/89 season.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:03 pm
Ohh and just to add, was soo good to see AW back at the Emirates last night.

Arteta seems to be timing things impeccably right now and you couldn't say that Wenger's presence in any way undermines the players or the manager. All of the division in the fanbase seems to have gone now, and he was given a raucous welcome back.

We can't be bitter forever right, sometimes it's time just to let go of the past and move on. Wenger is one of us after all.
As long as he has no involvement with the club I don't mind him coming to watch. Arteta hinted post match he wants him more involved though :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:31 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:24 am

We've become so attuned to Jesus all-action style that perhaps we forget that most strikers do drift in and out of games. The sign of a deadly striker is when he gets one or two big chances in a game and buries them.
agreed you cant fault his scoring record TBH

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Massive three points and potential banana skin avoided. Partey and Ohdeargod were superb. But tie for motm between Saka and Martinelli for me.

Also, fuck Wham. Murdering cùnts. :censored:

Midz

Post by Midz »

We have 40 pts now so should avoid relegation. Yay!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:27 pm
We have 40 pts now so should avoid relegation. Yay!!
:lol: :barscarf: :lol: