West Ham murdering filth H Boxing day KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: West Ham murdering filth H Boxing day KO 8pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:38 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:03 pm
Ohh and just to add, was soo good to see AW back at the Emirates last night.

Arteta seems to be timing things impeccably right now and you couldn't say that Wenger's presence in any way undermines the players or the manager. All of the division in the fanbase seems to have gone now, and he was given a raucous welcome back.

We can't be bitter forever right, sometimes it's time just to let go of the past and move on. Wenger is one of us after all.
As long as he has no involvement with the club I don't mind him coming to watch. Arteta hinted post match he wants him more involved though :|
Apparently they've offered him the job of Macot for the Women's Team :D

Wengersaurus...

The reasoning behind that by Arteta is that he doesn't get to open his gob only gesture with his hands...... And we All know how good he is at that! :D
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:52 pm
30 million for Odegaard, what a fucking steal.
Correct but dont forget the vast majority(including me) didnt want us to sign him when his loan finished.We were all wrong. Best player in the Prem this season

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I've had no internet for 24 hours so only just watched the game. Great result. White's best game for the club. Loved Eddie's goal !. Seagulls will be much harder game. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ernie71 wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:13 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:52 pm
30 million for Odegaard, what a fucking steal.
Correct but dont forget the vast majority(including me) didnt want us to sign him when his loan finished.We were all wrong. Best player in the Prem this season
yes thats true...me included.... :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When he is on form and 'at it' Odegaard is a Game Changer - His ability to see and make a pass to destroy defences is awesome, But, he does go missing sometimes, he is still a tad too lightweight in the challenging for the ball etc... But I think those things will improve under Arteta.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:proudtosay:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:35 pm
When he is on form and 'at it' Odegaard is a Game Changer - His ability to see and make a pass to destroy defences is awesome, But, he does go missing sometimes, he is still a tad too lightweight in the challenging for the ball etc... But I think those things will improve under Arteta.
He also often makes the pre assist pass, similar to Bergkamp, opens up the defence to allow the pass/cross that makes the goal.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think Ode has improved massively from last season.
Before, he was scared to carry the ball and made so many 5 yard 'nothing' passes, it looked like he actually did very little. Now he's carrying the ball a lot, going past people, opening up space and drawing players to him leaving others free. He's becoming the player that the hype suggested he was!! :barscarf:

Nb: having Saka, Jesus and Gabby ahead of you must be a dream!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:33 am
By the way how good were the crowd again tonight? Been the 12th man for well over a year now…seconds after the West Ham goal the roar from the crowd went up drowning out the away fans.

That’s happened a few times this season, unbelievable support. The toxic shit that used to plague the stadium is a thing of the past.

Majestic support both home any away.
Tis all the coke! :shock: :lol:

Onwards

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

We need a partey back up. When he on it he's mustard. Get mudryk (no idea if good) and quality partey cover and we wo t be far off.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:55 pm
I think Ode has improved massively from last season.
Before, he was scared to carry the ball and made so many 5 yard 'nothing' passes, it looked like he actually did very little. Now he's carrying the ball a lot, going past people, opening up space and drawing players to him leaving others free. He's becoming the player that the hype suggested he was!! :barscarf:

Nb: having Saka, Jesus and Gabby ahead of you must be a dream!
yes mate...hes grown in confidence...looks a different player

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal v shammers Bench Cam 8+ Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HQo-87Kb0A