Brighton bellends A Sat 31st Dec KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Brighton bellends A Sat 31st Dec KO 530pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clive has improved but Arteta needs to make sure he is never in our own penalty area, he reverts to CliveElCunto when he is defending along the back line. :?

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

City have Chelsea, United and Spurs twice in their next 5 league games so not just us that have a tough run coming up.

I'm expecting a win against Newcastle. They've dropped points in 8 out of 17 games.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

HOLY FUCKKKKK! :shock: 7 Points clear on New Years Eve....

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY! :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Happy New Year Peeps!

TEQUILAAAAAAAA ! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Brilliant win after all the othe results :D

4-2 up and I was still shitting myself.

Holding is a liability.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:21 pm
Clive like a fucking dead lampost there! :roll:
Cowering, turned his back as well, as usual
Typical Lobotomy Clive. An utter cowardly cùnt.

But Tommy was our worst player tonight. Absolute shocker from him. Very worrying.

But most importantly we got the win after making it difficult for ourselves.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:36 pm
HOLY FUCKKKKK! :shock: 7 Points clear on New Years Eve....

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY! :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Happy New Year Peeps!

TEQUILAAAAAAAA ! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
I love Tequila :barscarf:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:38 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:21 pm
Clive like a fucking dead lampost there! :roll:
Cowering, turned his back as well, as usual
Typical Lobotomy Clive. An utter cowardly cùnt.

But Tommy was our worst player tonight. Absolute shocker from him. Very worrying.

But most importantly we got the win after making it difficult for ourselves.
He is our 2nd choice though so I wouldn't worry.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:35 pm
City have Chelsea, United and Spurs twice in their next 5 league games so not just us that have a tough run coming up.

I'm expecting a win against Newcastle. They've dropped points in 8 out of 17 games.
They also have Chelsea in the cup while we play Oxford

Wouldn’t it be lovely if City and Newcastle played each other twice in the League cup semi finals ?

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

I was working at my bar so I was refreshing the score on the BBC. Everytime I refreshed Brighton scored.

After the 3 disallowed one, I didn't refresh until I knew the game had definitely finished!!

Happy with the result especially as the Arab money teams drew.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Relief, we played well until the last 30 mins when it went to ratshit and we literally stopped playing.

Happy New Year guys, have a great end to the evening and raise a glass to the potential league champions!! :barscarf: :cheers: :ladida:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Mudryk fairly whoring himself out on social media...

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

A good win :barscarf:

Plenty of teams will come away from there having lost or drawn - they certainly didn’t give up did they ?

Would have took any type of win beforehand so to get 4 goals was amazing, even if we let in 2 and nearly a third

We don’t need a 20-25 goal a season player if we have a frontline that all chip in 10-15 each.

Bring on 2023 :barscarf: 🍾🥂🏆

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

This is going to be quite some 5 months.

We are now just 5/4 to win the title 😳

Think we were 50/1 pre season.
Part of me is kicking myself, part of me is thinking well it was highly unlikely so shut up!

I think if we can come through these next few games with a lead then we will take some stopping, but maybe best to take it one game at a time

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Vibes of late 80's Arsenal about this squad 86/87 under GG a young vibrant team but low on quality numbers in modern terms compared to say Man City.

Arteta and the boys have done a great job 14-1-1 in the league that's unreal :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Can we be that squad that actually won the title 89 or be the squad I mentioned above earlier the owners have to see this as a great chance to really have a go at the title. It's not going to get any easier but two good players in one forward position, one midfield we can start to really hope we could go close or even.....win it :D :shock: :D

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Just got into my hotel after a post game curry and beer. Cracking game and atmosphere, but i nearly shit myself when that ‘3rd’ goal went in. I seriously think that if we blew that lead tonight then it would have had a major impact on our players mentally going forward. Such a young team and blowing this game could have really impacted us.

The concourse went crazy when the final whistle went at the City game. It was like we had scored!!

However 6 points out of 6 since the restart. Great to keep the momentum going. I don’t want to get carried away but I am slowing allowing myself to dream!!!

I