Financially doped of the north east H Tue 3rd Jan KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Financially doped arseholes of the north east H Tue 3rd Jan KO 745pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:10 pm
:cussing:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:04 pm
Wow, Les Ferdinand no Arsenal lover, saying that grab on Gabriel was a clear and obvious mistake and VAR should have awarded the pen
The FA are lowlife scum so if Arteta mentions the ref then he'll get banned.
The interviewer trying his best to get him to mention the ref.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Saka had the beating of their LB and should've been used more.

Every time he got past Burn , Joelinton had doubled on him . The problem was that once again in a physical match Odegaard went missing.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Robbery and another couple for the corruption thread.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I only saw the first 20 minutes and last 15 but if there was any consolation it was we’ve looked comfortable against the alleged 3rd best team in the league,I didn’t see them create anything,all I saw was them hanging on and rolling around time wasting,

Oh and them fans,the clinically obese shirtless teenager should be banned from games just for being a fat c unt.if they are happy watching that shit then let them crack on,fucking horrible club,literally the sp*ds of the north,zero history

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

The media having the arsenal setback narrative.

Fuckers trying to pile the pressure on

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Too many wasted chances. Can't remember Ramsdale doing much at all. Move on - still a mile in front. :barscarf: :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Went to the game as I always do. Watched us dominate them. Watched them waste time from the first minute. Watch us denied a clear penalty. Watched them lump it forward to big lumps. Watched them celebrate corners like goals.

Got home. Watched Sky tell me we are a busted flush. How the stadium was quiet? Tell me how Arsenal need reinforcements. How we couldn’t do enough. How Newcastle were magnificent. How we are now under pressure with a tough fixture list. How Arteta has lost it. I have also not seen any reference at all to the stonewall penalty we were denied. It simply isn’t in the highlights of the game Sky are showing.

The whole Sky production is a fucking Man City wankathon. Why? I have no idea. But oil money sloshes over Sky like a wave machine.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Usually in football decisions balance themselves out over the course of a season with the introduction of VAR that doesn't always seem the case. Those two penalty decision cost us the 3 points. Fuck what Neville and sky say in the laws of the game they were two penalties. It's all part of the game so it isn't cheating. Those decisions grate on me this morning more than anything else that happened during the game. We were superior to Newcastle in every department.
I think we need to adopt the seige mentality we had in 1990/91 season. Play the video of Graham's post old Trafford brawl speech to the players and Arteta. They'll soon understand what they need to do from here. "Stick your two points", should be "stick your VAR" in a place where the sun don't shine!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The only way of properly calling out refereeing incompetence is for Arsenal to create a compilation of all similar incidents of shirt pulling that resulted in penalties since the start of the season and then submit it to the FA. See if the corrupt bastards can say why the Gabriel incident was different.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Frustrating game...we was the much better team...decisions seem to go against us.....although they had a good chance at the end

We will get games like this....draw not the end of the world

Lets hope we strenthen the squad with some quality asap

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There is a Narrative and Purpose in place by those who run the game; those who have Oil money and other Powerful Financial Governments/Businesses it is they who dictate what, how and when the FA and the Prem league do things and so of course Sky & Co act accordingly.

Last night was a Prime Example of that Narrative & Purpose both on the field and in the way the event was recorded, reported on and fed out to the slavering public; the Lowest Common Denominator.

I was so wound up after the game (Yes! I knowwwww silly me) I didn't feel like sleeping in any way shape or form and so I listened into the 5 Live and TalkShyte (I haven't listened to the latter in years) and it was the same Formularised Reportage by both to varying degrees. What truly amazed me was how far from the actual truth of what happened last night in the Arsenal v Newcastle game their prescribed reporting & opinions actually were, it was like listening to a Totally Different post-game view, had I not witnessed the game myself I would have thought:

I have quoted actual comments from those of the 2 radio stations (I kid you not!)

We played "poorly" and kept surrounding the ref
"Eddie Howe did a Master Class and out thought Arteta"
It was Newcastle who were "trying to make it a game"
The ref made a few unnecessary calls (yellow cards) but on the whole "Did well in such a hostile environment"
The penalty claims by Arsenal were "exaggerated"
Arsenal will now go on a losing run and may well be over-taken by the "rising force that is Newcastle utd"

For me, last night was a perfect example of how the sport is now a business based around Greed, Money, Power and extreme mis-information and manipulation of the truth by the Media (all in the hands of those who actually have an agenda borne of the Greed, Power, Money etc etc etc)

Someone on here last night said (sorry can't remember who) the most perfect description of Eddie Howe that he was "The New Sam Allardyce" (aka: Fat Slug who takes back-handers, who thinks kicking the opposition off the ball, lumping it up-field and wasting time by any means is all part of an acceptable tactical textbook,)as long as it gets results.

I cannot think of a more perfect description of a (so-called) "Brilliant Tactician" - When they said that on talk-shyte last night I just switched off and realised just why I no longer listen to what is Audio-Diarrhoea.

And that is what we witnessed last night, BUT it was lauded by 99% of the media as being perfectly acceptable and that "Teams will now know how to beat Arsenal" (even though we didn't lose!).

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

To think that we can make a sustained title challenge using 12/13 players over the course of the season is probably fanciful. We're pretty much playing the same 11 players every single game and once the extra attrition of having a world cup slap bang in the middle of the season kicks in it's going to be carnage on the injury front in the next few months because of our lack of rotation. We've been pretty lucky so far with injuries (albeit 2 long term lays offs) ESR and Jesus and even just having those two missing has hampered us massively. Trying to find a winner last night the only change we made was at right back, we made 3 changes at Brighton - LB, RB and CM and it disrupted us so much we threatened to blow a 4-1 lead. Our options off the bench are paltry and with 5 subs now allowed that's where City would blow us out of the water.

I think there's definitely a player in Fabio Vieira but he's looked far too lightweight any time I've seen him and probably needs time to bulk up a bit to adjust to the PL. Whether a squad as small as ours can afford that sort of luxury waiting for a £40m player to adapt is another story. If we had everybody fit all of the time we could probably make a decent stab at it but that's just not realistic and once the season starts to bite in the coming weeks there's a danger we'll run out of legs quickly.

Players ready to hit the ground running are an absolute must in January to bolster the squad (is Murdyk that or would he be another Vieira where we wouldn't see the best of him until next season?) if we want to make sure of a CL spot never mind have thoughts about a run at the title. If we fail to add to the numbers and keep going to the well with the same 12 - 14 players every week we could collapse in the run in.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

This will probably be unpopular, but when I watch us play, I can't figure out how we're top of the Prem. We've got a liability keeper that is gonna cost us (almost did last night, despite having virtually fuck all to do), Xhaka is as pony as ever (awful last night) and we're fielding a Championship level centre forward. Even when Jesus is fit, he doesn't score enough goals, although I accept that he does create problems and panic in the opposition defence. I realise that Newcastle had everyone behind the ball last night, but after the first 10 mins, we had no real idea how to break them down. As someone else said on here, Odegaard did his usual disappearing act when the going gets tough.

If this were a usual season, we'd be in 3rd place at best. City haven't been at their best, Liverpool and Chelsea both poor, the scum imploding, all of which has allowed us to get out in front. I'm probably overstating things and I do know we've performed well, but our league position doesn't tell the whole story. If we replaced Xhaka with a reliable work horse (won't ever happen), let alone a quality centre mid, then we'd improve no end. Add to that a top striker and we could be in business, but arteta needs to get that done quickly this month. I know we're stuck with this keeper for the foreseeable, but we'll regret that before the season ends.

I'm not posting this simply because we drew last night, I've thought it all along. Added to which, I'm a miserable bastard in general. :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm still frustrated by last night, not just the result.

Zinchenko constantly slowing things down and going backwards. Back 4 tippy tappy slowing it right down, just what the Geordies wanted.
I like Zinchenko, but he's no LB. He's not a good tackler at all and doesn't go down the line but he's a good passer and should be in central midfield alongside Partey. Tierney is a very good attacking LB and should have come on last night. They were doubling up on Gaby out left and he had no help because Zinchenko always goes inside so the ball went out to him with two defenders on him pretty much all evening. With Tierney supporting Gaby they would have had to put three players out wide leaving spaces elsewhere. With a deep block you need players to go past defenders to open up space, we just didn't do that.

Newcastle had obviously set up to double up on our two wide men who cause most problems for teams and Arteta did not even change anything other than bring Tomi on!!

Xhaka is reverting to type, the last two games he's done fuck all, he's a drain on this team but of course he's always going to play under Arteta. :banghead:

Very frustrating.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Top 4 is still the target for me. Beyond the first 11 we are mid-table at best. However we should still have won that game. Newcastle looked like a better version of Bolton. It was laughable to see the media claim that they are some sort of contenders for the title. They are cynical shysters. Time wasting from start to finish. Dreadful side.