Financially doped of the north east H Tue 3rd Jan KO 745pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Financially doped arseholes of the north east H Tue 3rd Jan KO 745pm

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:46 pm
I'm still frustrated by last night, not just the result.

Zinchenko constantly slowing things down and going backwards. Back 4 tippy tappy slowing it right down, just what the Geordies wanted.
I like Zinchenko, but he's no LB. He's not a good tackler at all and doesn't go down the line but he's a good passer and should be in central midfield alongside Partey. Tierney is a very good attacking LB and should have come on last night. They were doubling up on Gaby out left and he had no help because Zinchenko always goes inside so the ball went out to him with two defenders on him pretty much all evening. With Tierney supporting Gaby they would have had to put three players out wide leaving spaces elsewhere. With a deep block you need players to go past defenders to open up space, we just didn't do that.

Newcastle had obviously set up to double up on our two wide men who cause most problems for teams and Arteta did not even change anything other than bring Tomi on!!

Xhaka is reverting to type, the last two games he's done fuck all, he's a drain on this team but of course he's always going to play under Arteta. :banghead:

Very frustrating.
Yes agree with most of above, think we will see teams following same tactics...doubling up on Saka and containing Martielli
Partey could do with a decent midfielder alongside him, hoping that will happen soon
Never rated Xhaka and nothing i have seen yet will make me change my mind
Zinchenko as you say has good distribution, but Tierney who started so well at Arsenal has faded badly, not show that early form since
We have done incredible so far and have hardly had to call on a very limited squad.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:

Zinchenko constantly slowing things down and going backwards. Back 4 tippy tappy slowing it right down, just what the Geordies wanted.
I like Zinchenko, but he's no LB. He's not a good tackler at all and doesn't go down the line but he's a good passer and should be in central midfield alongside Partey. Tierney is a very good attacking LB and should have come on last night. They were doubling up on Gaby out left and he had no help because Zinchenko always goes inside so the ball went out to him with two defenders on him pretty much all evening. With Tierney supporting Gaby they would have had to put three players out wide leaving spaces elsewhere. With a deep block you need players to go past defenders to open up space, we just didn't do that.

Newcastle had obviously set up to double up on our two wide men who cause most problems for teams and Arteta did not even change anything other than bring Tomi on!!

Xhaka is reverting to type, the last two games he's done fuck all, he's a drain on this team but of course he's always going to play under Arteta. :banghead:

Very frustrating.

This analysis is bang on. Doubling up on both wide men and no one running beyond to take one of the defenders away. It also created space in the middle of the park, but our centre mids don't have a creative bone in their body, which Howe was obviously aware of. Neither did Odegaard show much in the number 10 spot. Newcastle knew that if you remove the treat of Gabi and Saka, then we're pretty toothless.

beck

Post by beck »

madjens wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:42 pm
Have we had a worse bench in the last 20 years? Literally no options to win the game.
08/09
Arsenal 0 Sunderland 0
Fabianski
Djourou
Gibbs
Eboue
Ramsey
Merida
Vela
Less goals from them at the time than what we had last night

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Talk about two faced double standards.

From the Athletic :- When Two Tribes Go To Draw: Leeds and Arsenal Reviewed

Reflections on the terrible behaviour of Leeds Utd who used every negative, underhanded tactic in the book for a solitary point at St James's Park and Newcastle's heroic efforts at the Emirates Stadium when a canny, streetwise, pragmatic performance was rewarded with a clean sheet and a valuable draw.

More media shit.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

TeeCee wrote:

Very frustrating.
I pointed out pretty much all of the above. When we bought zinchenko I suggested the long term plan was to move him to xhakas position, which he largely did last night. Xhaka played most of that second half as a centre forward, which really would be ESR position.
If they're doubling up on Saka and Martinelli the space is in the middle which Gabriel kept directing zinchenko to play towards. With a fit squad we would've dismantled their defensive set up. I was surprised Vieira didn't come on for xhaka, who had his worst game of the season, and it showed. We have to remember that Newcastle have gone 6 games in a row without conceding a goal, so, they're no mugs at defending. Only drawn 2 and lost 1, it will happen. Had the match decisions been made correctly we would've eased to a win last night. There is no hiding from that, no matter how well or poorly we played.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Definitely 2pts dropped against these arseholes :cry: At least we didn't lose but fuck me it was a sore watch.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have been charged by the FA over the conduct of the players following the late penalty appeal for handball against Newcastle.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:12 pm
Arsenal have been charged by the FA over the conduct of the players following the late penalty appeal for handball against Newcastle.
Good. I miss the days of us getting charged for bad behaviour. All probably part of a plot to dock us two points later in the season.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Any disciplinary action for the ref or VAR for cheating us out of a blatant penalty? Nah thought not.

FUCKING SCUM :twisted:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Newcastle were surrounding him, brandishing imaginary cards the whole match…..nothing wrong in that though ?

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If you want to see how corruption works look at the FA. Games being rigged by officials and when anyone questions it they are punished. The club should refuse to pay any fine until they are given an explanation as to why Gabriel did not get a penalty when his jersey was being pulled off.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:29 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Good. I miss the days of us getting charged for bad behaviour. All probably part of a plot to dock us two points later in the season.
How many times have we seen that from other teams ...MAN UTD for instance at old toilet this season....we do it and its a disciplinary case

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There needs to be a Concerted Joint effort by all the Gooner Fans attending our games Home or Away and when the Ref fails to make an Honest decision for a Blatant and Obvious Foul (like the pull on Gabriel by burnCUNT0 they should take out Large Brown Paper Envelopes with his name on and start waving them and / or Make Paper Aeroplanes out of them and throw them onto the Pitch... See what The CorruptPrem /FACUNTS do then?

It has now become So Obvious - They don't even bother hiding it anymore and of course they use VAR to assist in their Illegal and Corrupt decisions, because those doing the VAR are tucked away in Stockley Park, West London miles from where the action is...

CEEEEUUUNNNTTTSSS! :box: :banghead: :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I believe in the wacky world of wrestling that is called getting hit with "a clothesline". :x