Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun 15th Jan KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun 15th Jan KO 430pm

Post by TeeCee »

First and foremost he should have been arrested by the fashion police for wearing an Aquascutum' scarf which went out of fashion around the mid to late 90's in terrace culture!!

Maybe a friendly Gooner will post a few dog turds through his letter box!

Hope he loses his job too ....if he has one of course

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A 35 year old virgin thinking he's a hooligan. What a prize prick. I'm fucking embarrassed for him. :oops: :censored:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:33 pm
Met police confirm a man has been charged with assaulting Aaron Ramsdale after NLD

Joseph Watts, 35, of Hackney is due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 17 February.
Thought augie said he was Irish?!?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Met police confirm a man has been charged with assaulting Aaron Ramsdale after NLD

Joseph Watts, 35, of Hackney is due to appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on Friday, 17 February.
Augie IS Irish. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:42 pm
First and foremost he should have been arrested by the fashion police for wearing an Aquascutum' scarf which went out of fashion around the mid to late 90's in terrace culture!!

Maybe a friendly Gooner will post a few dog turds that have been put in brown paper bags, set on fire then posted through his letter box! :D

Hope he loses his job too ....if he has one of course

He's a delivery boy/person for Deliveroo. He's claiming that Rambo didn't Tip him when he took Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding to his gaff. :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:42 pm
By the way, I'm a huge fan of Martinelli, but has anyone noticed how in recent matches he isn't taken players on and getting past them as he usually does? He's tending to stop and lay the ball back. I know they're doubling up on him, but he seems reluctant to take the full back on even when its 1 on 1.

Has he been instructed to lay the ball off (Saka is still taking them on), or has his confidenced waned?

Just wondered who else had noticed it?
Agree with you. It's my biggest frustration with him. Checks back far too often or settles for a corner. He's a much better player than he shows. I've pointed it out before but his best games for us has been when Tierney is behind and I think he's much more confident if he knows he doesn't have to track back. Also think he's a striker stuck out wide. That goal he scored at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago, and the one at Brighton show me if he's played centrally he's a better player.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Yep. And I'm after driving down to County Laois and skull fucking the living shit out of the wife of the wrong scum fan because of him! :lol:

Oh well. :wink:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf: 17th Feb Gooner Valley Magistrates Court! :barscarf:

The paraffin is from Hackney which is majority Arsenal & he has to travel up to Holloway Road / Highbury Corner LOL! :box: :box: :cussing:

Good Luck on yer journey you Chav mug! :rubchin: :mrgreen:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:57 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
By the way, I'm a huge fan of Martinelli, but has anyone noticed how in recent matches he isn't taken players on and getting past them as he usually does? He's tending to stop and lay the ball back. I know they're doubling up on him, but he seems reluctant to take the full back on even when its 1 on 1.

Has he been instructed to lay the ball off (Saka is still taking them on), or has his confidenced waned?

Agree with you. It's my biggest frustration with him. Checks back far too often or settles for a corner. He's a much better player than he shows. I've pointed it out before but his best games for us has been when Tierney is behind and I think he's much more confident if he knows he doesn't have to track back. Also think he's a striker stuck out wide. That goal he scored at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago, and the one at Brighton show me if he's played centrally he's a better player.

Yep, certainly not himself lately. I love the bloke and always said that as much as I rate Saka (who's been brilliant recently), that if we could only keep one, then I'd keep Martinelli. However, something's changed. Interesting point that you make about Tierney...maybe Gabi feels more comfortable taking players on when he knows there's a more traditional full back covering behind him? It could also be that he's just following the manager's instructions...who knows? Whatever it is, it's a shame to lose his buccaneering style.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:22 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:49 pm
Police investigating the incident at full-time of the North London derby in which a fan aimed a kick at Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsdale have now made an arrest. Awaiting a statement to confirm.

Mail Sport
The FA have told the old bill to arrest Ramsdale.
You are probably not wrong Perry

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I think I’m correct that he also has not got an assist yet thus season , which given his ability to take people on is ridiculous

Needs to look up more and play the easy ball more often, and make a darting run for the return in my opinion.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:05 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I think I’m correct that he also has not got an assist yet thus season , which given his ability to take people on is ridiculous

Needs to look up more and play the easy ball more often, and make a darting run for the return in my opinion.
He has 2 assists , I can see him more centrally eventually especially if we get another wide player, he ptefers to play on the left though.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:49 pm
:barscarf: 17th Feb Gooner Valley Magistrates Court! :barscarf:

The paraffin is from Hackney which is majority Arsenal & he has to travel up to Holloway Road / Highbury Corner LOL! :box: :box: :cussing:

Good Luck on yer journey you Chav mug! :rubchin: :mrgreen:
Runs the Prince George in Hackney apparently.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf: :rubchin: :D