Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun 15th Jan KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Norwich charity cup winners 1919/20 A Sun 15th Jan KO 430pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sneaky Cowardly CUN.T - His life is about to get seriously worse; he'll get charged; irrefutable evidence, found Guilty, get banned for LIFE and of course anyone connected with him will be affected, his job etc... His 10 minutes of Fame are about to Fuck Him up The Cat Flap! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:42 pm
Cuntamiro just been booked v Palace,means he’ll miss our game,what a shame,now we hope that zit face Antony and Goofynandez Both suffer compound leg breaks
manure have always had an abundance of Gobby ObnoxiousCUNTS but these two are right at the top of that list with the LadyBoyCockSucker - It's not just Gooners, but they are truly Hated by Fans of other teams.... I can actually see people laughing out loud and raising a glass in celebration as and when they get Seriously injured. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:37 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:24 pm
Pub website is getting hammered for reviews , example below.

'Went for the fish and chips as it gets battered at home, had a nasty kick to it though'
:barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Link please? :wink:
Ooh sorry , I cant find it now :x :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

No FA punishment for Richarlison assault on Ramsdale.... fucking disgraceful!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:09 am
Sneaky Cowardly CUN.T - His life is about to get seriously worse; he'll get charged; irrefutable evidence, found Guilty, get banned for LIFE and of course anyone connected with him will be affected, his job etc... His 10 minutes of Fame are about to Fuck Him up The Cat Flap! :lol: :lol: :lol:
His problems have only just begun...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:09 am
No FA punishment for Richarlison assault on Ramsdale.... fucking disgraceful!
yes ridiculous decision....but not surprised

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:57 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:57 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:42 pm
By the way, I'm a huge fan of Martinelli, but has anyone noticed how in recent matches he isn't taken players on and getting past them as he usually does? He's tending to stop and lay the ball back. I know they're doubling up on him, but he seems reluctant to take the full back on even when its 1 on 1.

Has he been instructed to lay the ball off (Saka is still taking them on), or has his confidenced waned?

Just wondered who else had noticed it?
Agree with you. It's my biggest frustration with him. Checks back far too often or settles for a corner. He's a much better player than he shows. I've pointed it out before but his best games for us has been when Tierney is behind and I think he's much more confident if he knows he doesn't have to track back. Also think he's a striker stuck out wide. That goal he scored at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago, and the one at Brighton show me if he's played centrally he's a better player.

Yep, certainly not himself lately. I love the bloke and always said that as much as I rate Saka (who's been brilliant recently), that if we could only keep one, then I'd keep Martinelli. However, something's changed. Interesting point that you make about Tierney...maybe Gabi feels more comfortable taking players on when he knows there's a more traditional full back covering behind him? It could also be that he's just following the manager's instructions...who knows? Whatever it is, it's a shame to lose his buccaneering style.
Watched that clip of Martinelli being blanked by richarlison during the game, and to me, shows me Martinelli 's weakness, his mentality. Don't care of it's his best mate but a player should never do that during a match ESPECIALLY during the NLD. Do whatever after the game but not during the match. Richarlison did the right thing by blanking his compatriot.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:37 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
By the way, I'm a huge fan of Martinelli, but has anyone noticed how in recent matches he isn't taken players on and getting past them as he usually does? He's tending to stop and lay the ball back. I know they're doubling up on him, but he seems reluctant to take the full back on even when its 1 on 1.

Has he been instructed to lay the ball off (Saka is still taking them on), or has his confidenced waned?

Agree with you. It's my biggest frustration with him. Checks back far too often or settles for a corner. He's a much better player than he shows. I've pointed it out before but his best games for us has been when Tierney is behind and I think he's much more confident if he knows he doesn't have to track back. Also think he's a striker stuck out wide. That goal he scored at Chelsea a couple of seasons ago, and the one at Brighton show me if he's played centrally he's a better player.

Yep, certainly not himself lately. I love the bloke and always said that as much as I rate Saka (who's been brilliant recently), that if we could only keep one, then I'd keep Martinelli. However, something's changed. Interesting point that you make about Tierney...maybe Gabi feels more comfortable taking players on when he knows there's a more traditional full back covering behind him? It could also be that he's just following the manager's instructions...who knows? Whatever it is, it's a shame to lose his buccaneering style.
Watched that clip of Martinelli being blanked by richarlison during the game, and to me, shows me Martinelli 's weakness, his mentality. Don't care of it's his best mate but a player should never do that during a match ESPECIALLY during the NLD. Do whatever after the game but not during the match. Richarlison did the right thing by blanking his compatriot.
Link???

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:37 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Martinelli is clearly taking the piss

https://youtube.com/shorts/MmXIE-x0foA?feature=share

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Martinelli had a Big Booger on his fingers he was just trying to wipe it off on a snotrag! :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:09 am
Tell you one thing though, he moved quicker up them steps than Dier did when there was a raucous in the crowd with his brother.

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:58 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:04 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:32 pm
Cracking first half performance and despite losing our way for big parts of the second half, we dug in and didn't concede. There is nothing better than beating that lot on their own dirt.

Defence pretty solid throughout and Saka, Partey and Odegaard excellent in the first half especially.

As DB10 and one or two others have said on this thread, if we replaced Xhaka with even a solid, competent centre mid, let alone a top quality one and bought a quality centre forward who scores 20+ goals a season, then this could be a seriously good side who could compete at the very top level. Nketiah is simply not good enough and is no better than Championship level. As much as Jesus causes problems for opposing defences with his all round play, we really are lacking a natural goalscorer, who finishes the chances we create.

We are at a really significant crossroads and a couple of key signings could make us a force. Unfortunately, we all know that Xhaka will draw his pension while still in the side and we don't seem to be looking for a centre forward. We seem to be obsessed with wingers.

Anyway, we're in far better shape than I and many others expected this season and I'll be delighted if Arteta proves me completely wrong.

UP THE GUNNERS
Bang wrong on Xhaka and Eddie. Xhaka has improved massively this season being further forward. We can upgrade there, but he is a good player. Nketiah has been great since he has come in, solid back up option.
Oh well, I suppose it’s all about opinions. Some people rate Xhaka, but then again, some people like kissing their sister. No accounting for taste I guess.
I don't think you can really knock Xhaka's output this season - previous years, yep he has had some poor games. But this year he has improved. I still think he can be improved upon, which is why we are likely in for Rice.

The Nketiah one is just odd though....look at his scoring record, he has scored goals every time he has had a run. He is way better than Championship level. He is exactly what he should be, backup to the main striker.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

fivetothree wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:34 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Cracking first half performance and despite losing our way for big parts of the second half, we dug in and didn't concede. There is nothing better than beating that lot on their own dirt.

Defence pretty solid throughout and Saka, Partey and Odegaard excellent in the first half especially.

As DB10 and one or two others have said on this thread, if we replaced Xhaka with even a solid, competent centre mid, let alone a top quality one and bought a quality centre forward who scores 20+ goals a season, then this could be a seriously good side who could compete at the very top level. Nketiah is simply not good enough and is no better than Championship level. As much as Jesus causes problems for opposing defences with his all round play, we really are lacking a natural goalscorer, who finishes the chances we create.

We are at a really significant crossroads and a couple of key signings could make us a force. Unfortunately, we all know that Xhaka will draw his pension while still in the side and we don't seem to be looking for a centre forward. We seem to be obsessed with wingers.

Anyway, we're in far better shape than I and many others expected this season and I'll be delighted if Arteta proves me completely wrong.

UP THE GUNNERS
Bang wrong on Xhaka and Eddie. Xhaka has improved massively this season being further forward. We can upgrade there, but he is a good player. Nketiah has been great since he has come in, solid back up option.
Oh well, I suppose it’s all about opinions. Some people rate Xhaka, but then again, some people like kissing their sister. No accounting for taste I guess.
I don't think you can really knock Xhaka's output this season - previous years, yep he has had some poor games. But this year he has improved. I still think he can be improved upon, which is why we are likely in for Rice.

The Nketiah one is just odd though....look at his scoring record, he has scored goals every time he has had a run. He is way better than Championship level. He is exactly what he should be, backup to the main striker.

There’s a certain irony here. I made that last post on 16th Jan and you decide to respond after they both put in a woeful performance two days ago.

Watching them both at Goodson Park should tell everyone all they need to know.

Still, as I said, it’s all about opinions.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:37 pm
fivetothree wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:34 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
fivetothree wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

UP THE GUNNERS

There’s a certain irony here. I made that last post on 16th Jan and you decide to respond after they both put in a woeful performance two days ago.

Watching them both at Goodson Park should tell everyone all they need to know.

Still, as I said, it’s all about opinions.
Nketiah actually created our best chance with a very good hold up of the ball, turned past a couple of defenders and played a very decent ball, on the floor to Odegaard to hit home….. except he blasted it over.
His wild blaze over summed up our day, the final pass / shot was not good enough for a win against very determined opponents.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Looks like the Swamp Chav Paraffin who tried to have a go at Arron Ramsdale has pleaded guilty in court! :mrgreen:

Funny how they moved the date & court location from Highbury Corner Magistrates Court, Gooner Valley, N7 to fecking Uxbridge, Still as that is exactly in County Middlesex the Swamp dweller will have managed to keep his front teeth intact for now at least! :barscarf:

Maybe he will be sentenced later, probably fined! :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-64675842