New stadium wrap

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

New stadium wrap

Post by Stuart L (2) »

So, finally been unveiled today

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 0IGIL5XlA5

Looks pretty good

Love the East stand homage ❤️

Not so sure about the 1886, looks a bit too plain for my taste, although a nod to our history, obviously.

Very PC in that there are a few of the womens teams players over the last 10 years or so and their European Trophy 🏆 win is given as much credence as the invincibles !!

A better explanation of each piece found here

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/reveal ... 7d36b3c5aa

What do you lot think ?

Would have liked to see more reference to the 71 double team and Pat Rice for his long service ….
The kits look a little strange with no sponsors graphics on, but in a good way

Nos89

Re: New stadium wrap

Post by Nos89 »

Looks alright I guess... should've added the North Bank mural just for one block, and put it on the west side of the stadium, as it made more noise than the West Stand at Highbury.
They're missing a great opportunity to get some promotional partnership money in from Coca Cola...red and white, and also established in 1886.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Like most of it and I know they have to be seen to be PC, but I think they're giving too much room to the women's team in the mural's; yes there is a place, but also a time as and when and If Women's Football(in particular Arsenal's Women's Team) actually achieve something that is on par with what the Arsenal Men's team have. The women's game is piggy backing on the men's game and the achievements of the game, the teams and individuals within it.

An example being the recent awarding of Sports Personality of The Year by the BBC to Beth Mead. By all means award the best (Female Sports Person, but there should be separate Mens and Women's awards. :?

To the point where we now have female sports/football commentators and pundits doing the broadcasts for Mens Games, not only are they often lacking in knowledge and expertise, but they also seem to just be parroting and stealing sound-bites from the male commentators who have been doing perfectly fine without them, also their is something about their voices when commentating in that when it comes to those exciting parts of a game, their voices go up several keys and they sound like a 10yr old boy whose nuts have yet to drop... Awful. just No! No! fucking NO!

Have them do ALL the Commentary and Punditry on their own games Great! Good Luck etc... But Fuck Off and leave the men's games alone.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest i find the huge fucking Emirates labels irritating, for most of our successful history they were nothing to do with us, i know, i know they are the sponsors but it just, for me anyway, makes it all a :ewwwww:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:38 am
Like most of it and I know they have to be seen to be PC, but I think they're giving too much room to the women's team in the mural's; yes there is a place, but also a time as and when and If Women's Football(in particular Arsenal's Women's Team) actually achieve something that is on par with what the Arsenal Men's team have. The women's game is piggy backing on the men's game and the achievements of the game, the teams and individuals within it.

An example being the recent awarding of Sports Personality of The Year by the BBC to Beth Mead. By all means award the best (Female Sports Person, but there should be separate Mens and Women's awards. :?

To the point where we now have female sports/football commentators and pundits doing the broadcasts for Mens Games, not only are they often lacking in knowledge and expertise, but they also seem to just be parroting and stealing sound-bites from the male commentators who have been doing perfectly fine without them, also their is something about their voices when commentating in that when it comes to those exciting parts of a game, their voices go up several keys and they sound like a 10yr old boy whose nuts have yet to drop... Awful. just No! No! fucking NO!

Have them do ALL the Commentary and Punditry on their own games Great! Good Luck etc... But Fuck Off and leave the men's games alone.
Bit of a swerve from the topic Onebard but I agree that female commentators just sound wrong. One in particular I think called Vicky Sparks has me reaching for the remote to mute it. Her voice is like having my ears massaged with gravel, she leaves no cliche unscreeched and, when excited, she reaches a pitch that can only be heard by dogs.
P.S. Most of the new wrap looks good but the old one faded badly and quickly so hopefully the new one will be more resilient.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

When is the club gonna get rid of the cartoon club badge that replaced our classic old Arsenal badge? :barscarf:

Where is George Grahams tribute? :barscarf:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 002%29.svg

https://www.nicepng.com/ourpic/u2q8r5r5 ... l-arsenal/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucks sake. They took a great idea and fucked it just to look pc. Why the fuck are the women's team on the mens stadium ffs? Fuck off. Build your own stadium. Finance your own game you sponging entitled cùnts. :roll: :censored:

It looks great in places but is ultimately ruined by the pc bollocks of including women that play at a standard lower than your average boys under 15s team. :roll:

Also, why isn't the "1886" in proper Olde English Gothic font?

Arseholes. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Red Snapper wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:45 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:38 am

Bit of a swerve from the topic Onebard but I agree that female commentators just sound wrong. One in particular I think called Vicky Sparks has me reaching for the remote to mute it. Her voice is like having my ears massaged with gravel, she leaves no cliche unscreeched and, when excited, she reaches a pitch that can only be heard by dogs.
P.S. Most of the new wrap looks good but the old one faded badly and quickly so hopefully the new one will be more resilient.
I think she may well be a bit of a growler! :D :wink: :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Off topic i know but why is it the women think they can constantly invade mens spaces and tell us how we have to include them however when i walk into the ladies loo for a piss all hell breaks loose :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:30 am
Off topic i know but why is it the women think they can constantly invade mens spaces and tell us how we have to include them however when i walk into the ladies loo for a piss all hell breaks loose :rubchin:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:13 pm
When is the club gonna get rid of the cartoon club badge that replaced our classic old Arsenal badge? :barscarf:

George was there , he is on the wrap. He should have a statue as well though.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:22 am

8) 8) 8)

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

gooner265 wrote:

He could buy his own statue from the bung money he trousered buying sh!te like Chris Kiwomya and Eddie frickin’ McGoldrick! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:30 am

Do you put the seat back down? :D

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

gooner265 wrote:

Where was George?