Media darling cheating Manc filth H Sun 22nd Jan KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Media darling cheating Manc filth H Sun 22nd Jan KO 430PM

Post by rodders999 »

They were going to win the league after beating (robbing) city last weekend.

Then only got 1 point from 6 in their next 2 games, conceding late goals in both games :coffeespit:

Must be nearly time for the Norwich scarves again :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Cracking performance. Well deserved, but over the last 15 years we'd have lost that, or drawn at best after they got back to 2-2. That is the difference, this side has developed a belief and a spirit to go on and win the game. This side look a million miles from the limp wristed outfit that capitulated last season and I have to hand the credit for that to Arteta. Credit also to the club, because I'd have sacked him at the end of last season, but they've given him time and support and the "process" we all took the piss out of, is coming to fruition.

I still think City will win the league (hope I'm wrong), but I said the other day that even finishing a close second will be way beyond what anyone thought possible. I predicted 6th (5th at best) and a bundle of points away from the winners. I said before the game that I had the old nervous feeling that I haven't had for more than 10 years and I doubted I could feel that way again. Even if we win fuck all, just knowing that we're heading in the right direction as a harmonious unit and witnessing the development of the side is what every football supporter wants. Get a couple of top quality additions (centre mid and centre forward) and this team could go on to challenge the best in Europe.

Don't want to bring up negatives, but I asked the other day if anyone had noticed how Martinelli was no longer taking people on....seems quite a few have spotted it now. I hope it's a phase, because I'm a huge fan of the bloke. Top marks to Eddie, but still think we need better, As for Ramsdale, their second goal was totally down to him. He's fucking hopeless on crosses, always flaps and he needed to punch that ball, or not come. His general decision making and positioning is suspect and I can never shake the feeling that there's a costly mistake lurking in every game.

Trossard looked lively when he came on and he's going to be a very good addition at a keen price. Saka on a different level to everyone else on the pitch.

Fucking great feeling...looks like we really might have our Arsenal back.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Why exactly do people think City are going tonwin the league?
They've a striker who's scored more goals in half a season than the golden boot winners of the last 4 seasons. But they are 5 points behind having played a game more. Our first league game against them is at home.
With this record breaking forward they've won 70% of their league games. We've won 84%.
They're not great defensively and we're awesome going forward. Haaland is a powerhouse but he'll just sit between Saliba, Gabriel and Partey and they'll contain him.

We're going to win the league. Because I think Arteta will keep the standards up and because our captain is a humble guy who sets the standars.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

City are fucked if Haaland does his hamstring and is out for 4-6 weeks

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I think the main reason people think city will win it (myself included sadly) is squad depth.

Especially when Europe kicks back in and it’s 2 games a week they’re a lot more capable of handling that extra workload than we are.

I’m not sure we have the numbers to go Thursday/Sunday with the extra fatigue and injuries that it will inevitably bring to the team down the stretch after a long hard (including a World Cup) season.

Now maybe we don’t go as hard at the europa than we would have done if we were currently sitting 5th and city get distracted by going deep into the champions league - let’s hope so! - because I just don’t think we have the squad depth to successfully challenge on both fronts.

I remember watching city struggle against the chavs a few weeks back and they brought on Grealish and Mahrez which won them the game.

170 million quid sprung from the bench to get them the 3 points. Ultimately that’s the strength in depth that will probably get the c.unts over the line in the end.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Rat faced Neville pictured as Eddies winner went in....

LOVE IT!!! :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

as the title challenge is now most definitely ON it has become practically impossible to get a ticket for the matches.
also i notice that next month we have 2 3pm matches on Saturday afternoons which wont be televised. (apart form the dodgy streams :D )

anyone know of any pubs in the area that will be showing the matches on some kind of illegal stream ?

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:50 am
City are fucked if Haaland does his hamstring and is out for 4-6 weeks
I mean, Alvarez is no slouch nor Haaland but he has done very well leading the Argentina WC run as their ST.

Ultimately, squad depth will help them. City won multiple league titles without any formal number 9. They can still do it without Haaland, they’ve done it consecutive times.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:05 am
Rat faced Neville pictured as Eddies winner went in....

LOVE IT!!! :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
How is this cúnt employed to give his opinion on matches when he is clearly so partisan in his views and support? It's fucking laughable how bad him and spit the scouse are. Whatever happened to fair, impartial commentators? People used to laugh at Jimmy Hill or Ian St. John or Jimmy Greaves or even Trevor boring Brooking but they would come across as fair and accurate and wouldn't behave like this. I fucking love Arsenal and want us to win every single game. I fucking hate Manure and the scum, I fucking hate the bindippers and the chavs but I'm an Arsenal supporter and not paid to give my thoughts on football matches. Nobody gives a fuck what rat face or spit say, it's fucking boring, predictable, one-eyed, biased fucking nonsense. Why anyone in broadcasting thinks it's ok for those two and that drug cheating fish-lipped adulterer to go about screaming their heads off and acting like complete cúnts every week, I fucking do not know. Having said all that, I'm so fucking glad we won and he felt like that. Fucking fuck off you rat faced little caviar communist cúnt. Fuck you and that idiot fucking brother of yours too. Fucking have a bit of that, you fucking mug.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

What was up with Rashford? Was he not trying to antagonise the home crowd with his celebration? There isn't any history there is there?

Also did Saka not mock his celebration when he scored the 2nd?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Rob Admin wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:24 am
What was up with Rashford? Was he not trying to antagonise the home crowd with his celebration? There isn't any history there is there?

yeah i saw that Saka did a similar celebration to Rashford - wasnt sure what was going on there

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:12 am
Rob Admin wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:24 am

yeah i saw that Saka did a similar celebration to Rashford - wasnt sure what was going on there
Ashford seems to think because he used his profile :roll: and his substantial wealth to help some deprived kids get school meals etc - He is some kind of working class hero, on two separate occasions yesterday he was seen mouthing off to Ramsdale when the mancScum had a corner... and Ramsdale telling him to fuck-off... he is a WUM but because he is perceived as being three steps from heaven because he merely flaunted his wealth (*) in the face of the government he gets away with it - Yes he is a good player, but not the goody goody many others may think. Hence that's why Saka was calling him on it by making fun of him.

(*) £68 Million in investments in Land & Property - He is sponsored by McDonalds who have an atrocious record of buying up (aka: legally stealing land) in Third World Countries to grow cheap crops/ raise cattle and feeding them cheaper food products for th making of their infamous Beef Burgers....Just another (legal) face and means of Corruption in Football.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Just watched MOTD2………Zinchenko’s face after the VAR check is priceless,that blokes a winner

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Regarding squad depth, Tomiyasu, Tierney, ESR, Trossard, Jesus when back...
The only concern really is if Partey or Odegaard get injured. Then we're in big trouble.
City actually have too many players thus Pep had to rotate regularly to keep them happy. I think they've suffered because of that

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Troy Deeney on MOTD2 trying to suggest Arsenal won because of defensive errors, Championship league C.UNT. You forgot to mention Martinez scored because of Ramsdales error though Deeney you fat fuck.