Media darling cheating Manc filth H Sun 22nd Jan KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Media darling cheating Manc filth H Sun 22nd Jan KO 430PM

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:47 pm
I only recently got the stomach to watch all or nothing, that week away to the scum and Newcastle was so fucking horrific that I wasn’t ready to relive it when it first came out, I needed to give it a bit more time.

Comparing it to where we are now really hammered home how ruthless the club were during the end of season review. Injuries to Partey, Tomi but especially Tierney completely derailed us during that run in. Xhaka, Cedric and Tavares all had a go at left back to try and plug the hole but we suffered really badly back there.

For whatever reason we still haven’t managed to sort the Partey back up issue (pray he stays fit FFS) but with Tierney’s injury record proving this wasn’t a one off the club pivoted away from him and brought Zinchenko in. Ben White it was decided would relegate Tomi to the bench at RB and how those two decisions have paid massive dividends this season.

Which then got me thinking about the recent pursuit of Mudryk. No way were we gonna spend 80m+ on a sub and I wondered was that another sign of the club being ruthless again? As I said in match thread there’s a gulf developing between Saka and Martinelli this season, when Saka’s driving at a defence you just feel something’s about to happen - a goal or assist, he absolutely terrorises defences, you just don’t get that feeling on the opposite side of the pitch.

It’s probably unfair to compare anyone to Saka because he is a genuine world class player that would walk into any other side in world football but too ofen Martinelli’s runs blindly go nowhere and a lot of his final balls are a bit hit and hope that a lot of the time just hits the first defender.

Missing out on Mudryk and instead getting Trossard probably won’t relegate Martinelli to the bench (initially anyway) but it will mean that unlike the Newcastle game (when he was poor) where he stayed on the pitch for the full 90 mins due to having fuck all options on the bench, he’ll know find himself being hooked a lot more - as he was today - if he’s not reaching the required levels.

Ruthless.
Martinelli needs a rest

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 pm
Gary Neville is like mystic Meg with his predictions :roll:

After 10 games - "Spurs are certainties for top 4 but I'm still unsure about Arsenal".

Last week - "City will win the league and United will finish 2nd"

This week - "Arsenal won't win the league"

The cùnt makes Jamie Redknapp look knowledgeable about football. Glad him and the old cùnt Tyler had to sit through a last minute winner for us, must have sickened both of them.
Love to see it. GN will be the one that won’t give us credit if we go to the Wolves game in May already with the title wrapped up.

Not saying the above will happen (don’t want to jinx it) but Neville is just a small little bitter man. He had to suck some pride to give us credit tonight. Even then, if he could, he wouldn’t.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 pm
Gary Neville is like mystic Meg with his predictions :roll:

After 10 games - "Spurs are certainties for top 4 but I'm still unsure about Arsenal".

Last week - "City will win the league and United will finish 2nd"

This week - "Arsenal won't win the league"

The cùnt makes Jamie Redknapp look knowledgeable about football. Glad him and the old cùnt Tyler had to sit through a last minute winner for us, must have sickened both of them.
i think tyler is a gooner tbh

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Caption competition….ok I’ll start.

“Get up you fucking cheat C.UNT”

the playing mantis

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

felt sicker than last week! went for a big ride then got back and spent the game in the bath demanding not to be disturbed reading the sunday papers and then checking the phone at HT and then 2nd half till the end, on here and bbc match thread.

Was thinking we need a david platt moment to win this for us, and bot did we get it. Platty was massively underrated for us iMO, and that latish winner against them with that header gave us massive belief. Hopefully this will too.

fair fucks to the feather 2 goals cannot ask for more, but that var check reading it on here and bbc facking hell....

watching sky post game (in my robe having jumped out bath) again like last week the *word censored* seemed so low and downcast. fuck em!!
sick of this weeks papers build up about how ten haag has them *word censored* back and how good they are. f off, they dropped or got shot of the awful maguire, the lazy pogba and the selfish ronaldo. and suddenly they improve dramatically, quelle surprise, changes all of us could see. they are still average with pubbers like fred, wan bissaka, past it de gea, thug mctominay etc. hate them well hate the media love in with them that is probably worse than the media love in with the scum.

anyway who cares, buzzing, beginning to believe we could be doing it...get partey cover and lose no more than 3 points in the 2 city games and we gotta do it surely...

in a way i hate the return of this feeling. the fear, the game dominating my mood all weekend, its been a long time, but this is why we are fans. the ambivalence, drifting, no plan/strategy is gone, we can i think all see what they are trying to do and i'm now fully on board with team tets. Missing out on mudryk is a pisser long term as he looks mustard a proper talent, but trossy will have an impact this season, and that's where we are now, win it this season and worry about the next then. live in the moment guys we all know how fleeting this feeling and life in general can be as the late great wilko johnson said upon finding out he was ill.

Now you're gonna believe us....

the playing mantis

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
I only recently got the stomach to watch all or nothing, that week away to the scum and Newcastle was so fucking horrific that I wasn’t ready to relive it when it first came out, I needed to give it a bit more time.

Comparing it to where we are now really hammered home how ruthless the club were during the end of season review. Injuries to Partey, Tomi but especially Tierney completely derailed us during that run in. Xhaka, Cedric and Tavares all had a go at left back to try and plug the hole but we suffered really badly back there.

For whatever reason we still haven’t managed to sort the Partey back up issue (pray he stays fit FFS) but with Tierney’s injury record proving this wasn’t a one off the club pivoted away from him and brought Zinchenko in. Ben White it was decided would relegate Tomi to the bench at RB and how those two decisions have paid massive dividends this season.

Which then got me thinking about the recent pursuit of Mudryk. No way were we gonna spend 80m+ on a sub and I wondered was that another sign of the club being ruthless again? As I said in match thread there’s a gulf developing between Saka and Martinelli this season, when Saka’s driving at a defence you just feel something’s about to happen - a goal or assist, he absolutely terrorises defences, you just don’t get that feeling on the opposite side of the pitch.

It’s probably unfair to compare anyone to Saka because he is a genuine world class player that would walk into any other side in world football but too ofen Martinelli’s runs blindly go nowhere and a lot of his final balls are a bit hit and hope that a lot of the time just hits the first defender.

Missing out on Mudryk and instead getting Trossard probably won’t relegate Martinelli to the bench (initially anyway) but it will mean that unlike the Newcastle game (when he was poor) where he stayed on the pitch for the full 90 mins due to having fuck all options on the bench, he’ll know find himself being hooked a lot more - as he was today - if he’s not reaching the required levels.

Ruthless.
Martinelli needs a rest
thats true, but think rodders theory may have legs.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:42 pm

Well that was the quickest caption competition ever. :lol: Over and done. We have a winner. 8)

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:44 pm
I don't know if anyone else heard a caller on Radio 5 live say there is a conspiracy that Arsenal are top of the league with a PE teacher as a coach, players who have been useless for 10-15 years, that there is no way Troussad deal was done before midday on Friday to be ready to play. It was an incredulous call by a united supporter.
Thought it was someone from AFTV
Just goes to prove how utter fucking shit the rest of them must be. Fucking hell, there are some fucking idiots out there. I fucking love it when we're doing well and pissing people off. Bloody lovely.
Absolutely, it makes the Victories all the more Sweeter!

Tequila nearly All Gone :cry:

Still Fuckiin' BUZZING!!!! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:42 pm

WINNER! No Contest!. :cheers:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

To be fair that one wrote itself DB :lol:

He truly is a despicable little bastard.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:12 pm
To be fair that one wrote itself DB :lol:

He truly is a despicable little bastard.
Him and Antony are ObnoxiousCUNTS, they are the kind of player where if they got their leg snapped and were being stretchered off I'd laugh.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

90m they spunked up against the wall on Antony One Bard, no wonder transfer valuations are fucked he’s absolute shit. Ajax must have been laughing their holes off.

He does fuck all every time I see him and he’s slow as fuck too, Partey ain’t the quickest and there was one time in the second half where he made up about 10 yards on Antony to dispossess him.

The money they fucked away on him ultimately cost us signing Mudryk because Kiev just said if that shit fuck is worth 90 million Mudryk is worth more.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Massive massive win against a shower of *word censored* i detest :barscarf: 8) I thought we had fucked it when they equalised but what a feeling when var allowed the winner.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just watched MOTD and troy the crime deeney was one of the pundits talk about as thick as shyte AND being anti-Arsenal

Trying to make out that Arsenal got lucky and had casemiro been playing Arsenal wouldn't have scored the 3 goals... What a CUUUNT!

Fuxk off you no mark useless thug of a crimCUNT