Corrupted F A Agenda (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Corrupted F A Agenda (merged thread)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I honestly think the Corruption of the FA and PGMOL goes way, way beyond and far deeper than any of us even imagined. It has been going on for fucking years and they have things so tightly sewn up that there is no way for anyone outside of it to even make a dent.

Global Politics and Businesses have been operating by murderous means since time immemorial and FIFA, UEFA, the FA and their puppet the PGMOL are just an extension of that. But in order to keep everyone schtumm there needs to be some Huge Payments and I would reckon it goes right from the very top of all the football associations and all those who hold a position within those bodies.

They have the finances and so the power to deal with anything and anyone who dares ask questions or challenge the corrupt status quo.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:13 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackScarfMa ... 6031653888

Nothing to see here, play on
Incredibly enough that’s actually not the worst thing an opposition goalkeeper has done to one of our players this season :shock:

That accolade goes to Emi Martinez who caught Jesus in a head lock inside the box which resulted in the referee awarding him a free kick :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:51 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:13 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/BlackScarfMa ... 6031653888

Nothing to see here, play on
Incredibly enough that’s actually not the worst thing an opposition goalkeeper has done to one of our players this season :shock:

That accolade goes to Emi Martinez who caught Jesus in a head lock inside the box which resulted in the referee awarding him a free kick :roll:
There really is no excuse at all for the FA not to look at that and issue a retrospective red card and again, ask why the VAR ref hasn't seen that and awarded us a penalty. This is either continued incompetence or continued corruption. There is no middle ground.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:35 pm
Not in any way an accusation of corruption but certainly of incompetence.

Bournemouth's first goal when they had two players in our half when they kicked off. One of those players actually scored the goal.

Only 9 seconds of footage to review and doubt they even looked at it at all.
I retract this post. According to the rules VAR aren't allowed to intervene in kick offs and all other restarts but they can for penalties regarding encroachment and the keeper being off his line.

What nonsense. :shock: :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:17 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Bournemouth's first goal when they had two players in our half when they kicked off. One of those players actually scored the goal.

I retract this post. According to the rules VAR aren't allowed to intervene in kick offs and all other restarts but they can for penalties regarding encroachment and the keeper being off his line.

Distract the ref at the kick-off, throw the ball to a teammate, who has a shot, score and then sit back whilst VAR can do absolutely nothing.

Perryashburtongroves

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:17 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Now I think of it, there appear to be so many things which VAR can't intervene with which leaves a small number of things which they can look at but still manage to get wrong more times than not.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And thereby hangs the problem , Var and it's full remit is not understood by most people and I include the people are running it.
If they want an eye in the sky to overrule the on pitch officials then it should be able to do just that but not be selective about what it can or cannot do.
If there is a mistake by the ref and that's subjective , off the ball incidents missed by the officials , they should step in , . If it's a 50/50 call then butt out and let the game flow.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:03 am
And thereby hangs the problem , Var and it's full remit is not understood by most people and I include the people are running it.
If they want an eye in the sky to overrule the on pitch officials then it should be able to do just that but not be selective about what it can or cannot do.
If there is a mistake by the ref and that's subjective , off the ball incidents missed by the officials , they should step in , . If it's a 50/50 call then butt out and let the game flow.
One of the most obvious things is when it’s a clear corner, but ref / Lino give a goal kick . ( or the other way round )

I think it was Odegaard that had a shot deflected v Bournemouth but ref gave a goal kick … it was a blatant corner

Ball is already out of play so a quick replay shows the correct decision and game on again.

All VAR does is give shit refs another chance to fuck us over

Just be thankful they couldn’t ignore our second goal by White as the buzzer sounds to signal ball over the line - cos the Lino sure as hell wasn’t going to give it.

Perryashburtongroves

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:14 pm
A11M11 wrote:
One of the most obvious things is when it’s a clear corner, but ref / Lino give a goal kick . ( or the other way round )

I think it was Odegaard that had a shot deflected v Bournemouth but ref gave a goal kick … it was a blatant corner

Ball is already out of play so a quick replay shows the correct decision and game on again.

Just be thankful they couldn’t ignore our second goal by White as the buzzer sounds to signal ball over the line - cos the Lino sure as hell wasn’t going to give it.
I can't think of any other job in any sport which is pointless as being a linesman. They don't need to bother with off-sides, they don't need to monitor the goal line, they don't need to even bother with flagging for dangerous tackles any more. They have become irrelevant and lazy and again, as their job is becoming easier and easier, they are getting worse and worse at doing it.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:32 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

I can't think of any other job in any sport which is pointless as being a linesman. They don't need to bother with off-sides, they don't need to monitor the goal line, they don't need to even bother with flagging for dangerous tackles any more. They have become irrelevant and lazy and again, as their job is becoming easier and easier, they are getting worse and worse at doing it.
Fully agree Perry, even for basic throw ins now, they stare blankly at the ref, wait till he signals which way THEN raise their flag in a spineless show of support, whichever way he has already given.

Absolutely pointless

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:32 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:32 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

Fully agree Perry, even for basic throw ins now, they stare blankly at the ref, wait till he signals which way THEN raise their flag in a spineless show of support, whichever way he has already given.

Absolutely pointless
That has been creeping into the game for years and now with VAR in it has become the absolute norm.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65242346

VAR guy dropped ( for 1 match wow :rubchin: ) for his incompetence in the scum v Brighton game

No doubt his loss in wage is more than covered by other parties.

Sorry,
so sorry,
really sorry,
Really , really sorry

Apparently, It evens itself out over a season ……..does it fuck.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Maybe not a corrupt FA agenda post but something that pissing me off weekly involving the FA,how is Ivan Toney allowed to keep playing and effecting results when he has this betting thing hanging over him to which,I think,he’s admitted to,why no instant ban?
He’s taken 2 points of us this season but continues to be allowed to play,when or if will he actually get his ban

Trippier and Barton got instant bans but because Toney is contesting some of them he’s allowed to play,it’s bollocks,

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:20 pm
Maybe not a corrupt FA agenda post but something that pissing me off weekly involving the FA,how is Ivan Toney allowed to keep playing and effecting results when he has this betting thing hanging over him to which,I think,he’s admitted to,why no instant ban?
He’s taken 2 points of us this season but continues to be allowed to play,when or if will he actually get his ban

Trippier and Barton got instant bans but because Toney is contesting some of them he’s allowed to play,it’s bollocks,
They’ve city at home last game of the season, he better not get fucking banned before that
8)