Pimped Mancs A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
scotgooner

Re: Pimped Manc Arseholes A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

Post by scotgooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:57 pm
Fuck city,absolutely zero romance in what that club had achieved
Absolute spot on Robbo!

“Romance” or lack of it is exactly the word I use when describing these Arab oil money fucks to family , friends , boys at work , generally anyone who wants to listen to me.

Shit small plastic club fabricated from horrible Middle Eastern money.

I can’t even discuss “how good they are” when people suggest it cause one I don’t believe they are all that and two I really don’t care.

Hate them with a passion and I would absolutely love to beat them to the title this year.

Hope they fucking bottle the CL again this year also.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

When oh when will the club recognise how fucking useless Xhaka is. Vintage piss poor performance from him, when the quality wasn't around him as it has been all season to hide his utter crapness and he's exposed for what he is. All the time honoured failings on display. In all my years following the Arsenal, I've seen some crap, as we all have, but never have I seen a player so clearly poor and yet able to bluff his way through year after year. What exactly do the managers see, because it sure beats the rest of us. Replace this fraud with even a half decent centre mid and we could really go places.

As for the rest of it, I'd play Tomi ahead of White, Lokonga not good enough, can't work out for the life of me what they saw in Vieira (we all said he was too lightweight when we first saw pictures of him) and he wasn't exactly cheap and lastly, while I don't want to be too hard on Eddie, I'm afraid he isn't good enough. This was the sort of match where a top quality striker can get something out of nothing, but Eddie isn't at that level. I like the kid, but we need better. Trossard looks good and it's the sort of signing we don't make enough.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Would have happily traded a loss tonight for 3 points, maybe even a draw that keeps the gap, in the league match in a couple of weeks.

We’ve had a look at them with an under strength team and they ain’t all that are they ?

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Please no injuries for Partey and Saka

:barscarf: :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

Partey having a mri scan , possibly a fucking disaster

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

shu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:44 am
Partey having a mri scan , possibly a fucking disaster
I just knew this game was gonna see injuries to Partey and Saka, you could smell it coming a mile off :banghead:

Both came off, Saka just a knock so hopefully ok but we’re at the mercy of the gods with Partey.

Neither would have been playing if El Neny and ESR weren’t both fucking perma crocks :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:55 pm
No shame in losing one nil away. Better than a replay. Priority has to be a shot at the title. 8)

Last night served its purpose for me, and I might even go so far as to say that it was best result for us -

1. We rotated 6 players in starting line up and didnt get battered by strong city team - that would have crushed our belief imo

2. It showed up again that we dont have the quality back ups needed to compete in few competitions over a season, so fa cup is easily sacrificed right now imo

3. As limited as some of our back ups are, it still should be noted that we stood toe to toe with city for long periods of the game, so wont fear them like I thought we would

I will also agree 100% with retro when he says nketieh isnt good enough in those big games against the geordies and city when he is needed to step up

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Not much to add but apparently Partey felt something so is having a scan on his ribs.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:07 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:05 pm
Couple of things we learned...Holding and Lakonga not good enough.....Viera at this stage looks poor as well

and need that midfield strengthened desperately

On positive side think our first 11 can take on city, we can beat them at home, and hopefully go on to win the league
Even 2 draws keeps us at arms length,and I think our first 11 can at least hold them for draws
Really think our first 11 can beat that lot ...but yes a draw at City and a Home win would do just fine

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:25 pm
When oh when will the club recognise how fucking useless Xhaka is. Vintage piss poor performance from him, when the quality wasn't around him as it has been all season to hide his utter crapness and he's exposed for what he is. All the time honoured failings on display. In all my years following the Arsenal, I've seen some crap, as we all have, but never have I seen a player so clearly poor and yet able to bluff his way through year after year. What exactly do the managers see, because it sure beats the rest of us. Replace this fraud with even a half decent centre mid and we could really go places.

As for the rest of it, I'd play Tomi ahead of White, Lokonga not good enough, can't work out for the life of me what they saw in Vieira (we all said he was too lightweight when we first saw pictures of him) and he wasn't exactly cheap and lastly, while I don't want to be too hard on Eddie, I'm afraid he isn't good enough. This was the sort of match where a top quality striker can get something out of nothing, but Eddie isn't at that level. I like the kid, but we need better. Trossard looks good and it's the sort of signing we don't make enough.
Yes your correct about xhaka..a lot of bluff involved...even the friendly chat with the opposition and having a word with lokonga as he comes on...all to prove hes the "leader"...coaches like any so called boss will always have favourites
probably the case with Holding, who seems a nice lad and sure they get on well...... just one problem hes championship level at best

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:02 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

Yes your correct about xhaka..a lot of bluff involved...even the friendly chat with the opposition and having a word with lokonga as he comes on...all to prove hes the "leader"...coaches like any so called boss will always have favourites (caveat to that being he managed one very good pass from which we should have scored)
probably the case with Holding, who seems a nice lad and sure they get on well...... just one problem hes championship level at best

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

This season has been incredible but I can't believe we still have Rob Holding and Lokonga at the club. Holding has zero footballing intelligence and Lokonga is a championship player at best. To lose 1-0 with those players on the pitch is like a win.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

If Partey is out for any length of time the season could unravel very quickly :cry:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

For me the answer is simple and as dear old fuckface Wenger would say......'We have internal solutions'

Ben White is made for a defensive midfield position, having played CB and RB, his positional sense is good, his passing is good and he's reasonably quick. He is a ready made replacement in my opinion. Tomi is looking much more like his old self and should take the RB role. We can go after this highly rated Ivan Fresnida Spanish guy as backup right back. (supposedly we had an offer accepted but are waiting for Cedric to go first).

If I was Arteta, I would be training with Benny Blanco in that position right now, because we need cover there regardless if Partey is ok, and we can save our money for Rice and Vlahovic in the summer! :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:02 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

Yes your correct about xhaka..a lot of bluff involved...even the friendly chat with the opposition and having a word with lokonga as he comes on...all to prove hes the "leader"...coaches like any so called bosses will always have favourites

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:55 am
If Partey is out for any length of time the season could unravel very quickly :cry:
Which is it is VITAL we get someone to cover him, also as the second half of the season goes on, if we are able to remain in the title race; which I believe we definitely can, other teams will try and kick us out of games, that's what No Mark Teams do.

So we definitely need a Very Good CM, which Lakonga isn't :?

We saw what happened last night when that protection he provides for the back 4 just wasn't there after he'd been subbed.