Pimped Mancs A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Pimped Manc Arseholes A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:08 pm
For me the answer is simple and as dear old fuckface Wenger would say......'We have internal solutions'

Ben White is made for a defensive midfield position, having played CB and RB, his positional sense is good, his passing is good and he's reasonably quick. He is a ready made replacement in my opinion. Tomi is looking much more like his old self and should take the RB role. We can go after this highly rated Ivan Fresnida Spanish guy as backup right back. (supposedly we had an offer accepted but are waiting for Cedric to go first).

If I was Arteta, I would be training with Benny Blanco in that position right now, because we need cover there regardless if Partey is ok, and we can save our money for Rice and Vlahovic in the summer! :barscarf:
And Caicedo. :barscarf:

SE12red

Post by SE12red »

Was on the train back from Manchester this morning which was full of Gooners.
At Winslow Stn Rihad Mahrez got on with 3 mates and the WAGS. Big suitcases so guess it’s a weekend in London.
Stood around for a while as we’d grabbed all the free seats in 1st Class before they headed to the front of the train and he had a chat with a few of the boys. Seemed like a real nice fellah.
Shame he plays for a bunch of c***s like Citeh.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

SE12red wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:51 pm
Was on the train back from Manchester this morning which was full of Gooners.
At Winslow Stn Rihad Mahrez got on with 3 mates and the WAGS. Big suitcases so guess it’s a weekend in London.
Stood around for a while as we’d grabbed all the free seats in 1st Class before they headed to the front of the train and he had a chat with a few of the boys. Seemed like a real nice fellah.
Shame he plays for a bunch of c***s like Citeh.
Another one who got away when we could have snapped him up a few years back.
I guess it probably happens at all clubs but we seem to have more than most of the “what if, if only “ etc

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

After last nights game, I've never been so convinced that we will win the league !
Rested 6 players away from home, never looked like we couldn't cope and easily better team in second half!
Winning our games before we play shiteh is crucial!
I'd rather have played fat fwank, but everton are in a mess, with players looking to jump ship, we'll hammer them!
Brentford should be a formality!
Shiteh could even drop points before we play them, Pep will be fucking shittehing himself!
COYG!!!!!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Trossard didn't come on till the 66th Minute, but this brief video says he caused them all kinds of problems!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-nxcsf3us

If he continues like this then we have got a fucking bargain for £27miilion.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:08 pm
Trossard didn't come on till the 66th Minute, but this brief video says he caused them all kinds of problems!

Trossard started the game buddy

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:45 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:08 pm

Trossard started the game buddy
He came on in the 66th Minute against manure

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A shame about this one, but possibly a blessing in disguise.......and I never thought I'd say that about the cup.....but then again its been 19 years since we had any similar chance of winning the PL !

Fine margins really - we were close enough in the first half a couple of times, and on top of them for large periods. The time when they scored was when Lokonga looked exposed and there's the rub.......he isn't of the required standard for a game like that, and it appears from the moves for Caceido this time and Douglas Luiz last time, that the management team recognise we need additions there. With Elneny out again (the most able of the possible deputies), its crucial that we manage to get some cover in for Partey.

The team played well though and the support sounded fantastic - my lad got home at 3.30am and the fact that fans were still supportive and not overly angry speaks volumes for the belief and connection to this current team

Lets get on with the PL and Europe....

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:00 pm
A shame about this one, but possibly a blessing in disguise.......and I never thought I'd say that about the cup.....but then again its been 19 years since we had any similar chance of winning the PL !

Fine margins really - we were close enough in the first half a couple of times, and on top of them for large periods. The time when they scored was when Lokonga looked exposed and there's the rub.......he isn't of the required standard for a game like that, and it appears from the moves for Caceido this time and Douglas Luiz last time, that the management team recognise we need additions there. With Elneny out again (the most able of the possible deputies), its crucial that we manage to get some cover in for Partey.

The team played well though and the support sounded fantastic - my lad got home at 3.30am and the fact that fans were still supportive and not overly angry speaks volumes for the belief and connection to this current team

Good post Steve O

I think the fanbase is realistic enough to know that the squad depth may not be sufficient for 3 competitions and we had a pretty decent go, not like getting stuffed 4-0 or going out to Forest last season in a piss poor performance.

IF we win the league and or the Europa the sacrifice of the cup this season will be worth it, in my opinion.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Good post Steve O

I think the fanbase is realistic enough to know that the squad depth may not be sufficient for 3 competitions and we had a pretty decent go, not like getting stuffed 4-0 or going out to Forest last season in a piss poor performance.

IF we win the league and or the Europa the sacrifice of the cup this season will be worth it, in my opinion.
I Concur mate! :high5:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:05 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Good post Steve O

I Concur mate! :high5:
I concur wholeheartedly with your concurring 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:lol: :high5: :barscarf: