Pimped Mancs A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Pimped Mancs A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up for our tabletoppers it's a cup tie away at baldy Peps mega millions pimped arsepieces.Fuck knows how it'll go,I would make them favourites with the toe being at theirs.

BFG4

Re: Pimped Manc Arseholes A Fa Cup 4th Round Fri 27th Jan KO 8pm ITV

Post by BFG4 »

I'd obviously like us to win this but the one thing that will fuck up our title challenge is our lack of squad depth so getting fucked out of this and the EL wouldn't be the end of the world.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Win this and the treble is on :-)

City should win with their deeper squad, but suspect Arsenal will play a fairly strong team. Most likely Turner; Tomiyasu, Holding, Gabriel, Tierney; Smith Rowe, Elneny, Vieira, Sambi, Trossard; Nketiah
Possible Smith Rowe plays as a false #9 instead of Nketiah which might make more sense in saving Nketiah for the league. Could be playing this team in the cups. Marquinos should get a run out if that is the case.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Ideal game to watch in the boozer! If we win, then it’s a bonus and a nice piss-up. If we lose, which may well happen against Corruption City, then it’s a few less games on our march to the title, and a nice piss-up.
Win/Win situation!

Killi

Post by Killi »

Entirely indifferent about this. We've got bigger things to worry about, so a second-string squad losing isn't the worse. If we do win, however, it'll be a good omen for the league game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If he plays the kids and the duds and we lose I'm not gonna lose my shit over that, as much as I love the FA Cup. But if he risks one or two too many first teamers and we get beat then that could set the wobbles in the team. :|

Priority has to be the PL. 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

This is where thing start to get really fucking dangerous, make 10 changes and ship 3 or 4 (as the chavs did up there in the last round) and that could be a big knock to the confidence of the group. Play a stronger selection and lose and again players start having doubts about their ability to hold off city down the stretch.

Take a wobble here then it's away to Everton with the new manager bounce the following weekend, then 2 weeks later it's city at home in the league. You could derail quickly in a fortnight, need to tread very carefully here....I'm absolutely shitting myself :shock:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

What happens here is irrelevant, it's what happens when we play them in lge!!

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:24 pm
This is where thing start to get really fucking dangerous, make 10 changes and ship 3 or 4 (as the chavs did up there in the last round) and that could be a big knock to the confidence of the group. Play a stronger selection and lose and again players start having doubts about their ability to hold off city down the stretch.

Take a wobble here then it's away to Everton with the new manager bounce the following weekend, then 2 weeks later it's city at home in the league. You could derail quickly in a fortnight, need to tread very carefully here....I'm absolutely shitting myself :shock:
Yep, you’re right. Although, we all know City’s 2nd team could easily be in the top 10 if they competed under a different team.

The disaster to avoid would be to concede 3+ goals with no relevancy. I don’t mind a 1-0 loss or a hard fought 2-1 loss if needs be but as long as we don’t go there and completely lose our senses.

Hoping for the best, City are probably in two minds too. Can they afford to play their best XI when they are already trailing in the league? The years before they could do that.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:24 pm

Yep, you’re right. Although, we all know City’s 2nd team could easily be in the top 10 if they competed under a different team.

The disaster to avoid would be to concede 3+ goals with no relevancy. I don’t mind a 1-0 loss or a hard fought 2-1 loss if needs be but as long as we don’t go there and completely lose our senses.

Hoping for the best, City are probably in two minds too. Can they afford to play their best XI when they are already trailing in the league? The years before they could do that.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Im torn how we approach this , we have no midweek games so maybe a pretty strong side , rest partey, white, zinny and Saka. Dont believe in resting keepers anyway

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

We can’t have a too diverse squad (as in, too many bench players starting). It will surely ruin momentum.

I’d say bench Saka, Partey, Zin and White. Any more than this and we might be in trouble. City’s 2nd even 3rd squad can dismantle us easily if we play like we did (the first 60 min) at Oxford. Albeit, different caliber of team, I know.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

We can’t have a too diverse squad (as in, too many bench players starting). It will surely ruin momentum.

I’d say bench Saka, Partey, Zin and White. Any more than this and we might be in trouble. City’s 2nd even 3rd squad can dismantle us easily if we play like we did (the first 60 min) at Oxford. Albeit, different caliber of team, I know.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It's one of those calls that managers have to make:

Yes, we have signed some more players and we are in negotiations for 2(?) more, but we still have a small squad and I have my doubts over the robustness of some of the bench players: Vieira and Marquinhos. Then of course Lakonga has fallen off a cliff confidence-wise; he started really well then just nose dived, in all honesty I don't think he has a future with us I guess time will tell.

It's a delicate balance of trying to maintain the Confidence Levels that are excellent and how the squad might react if we get turned over.

Arteta will have to play some of the first team regulars, but Saka, Martinelli, Partey and Zinchenko surely need to be rested (and White has a back injury issue - Hence his lack of mobility against the MancScum).

The last thing we need is for Arteta to bring on our best players and for any of them to be crocked.

As has already been alluded to the Prem Needs To Be Be Our Prime Objective.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Play a fairly strong team, but rest 3 or 4 - Saka, Zinchenko, Partey, perhaps even Nketiah. I don’t think either team will read too much into the result, and if we were to win you'd fully expect Man City to go straight back to winning ways in the PL, so the same must be true for us.

We have a tricky half dozen games between match approx 29-35, beginning away at Anfield. I’m confident we will have built up a 12+ point gap at the top by then though - I can see them dropping loads of points in their next ten or so fixtures. Anyway, no point reading too much into Friday. it’s just a cup game beteeen two teams with bigger fish to fry.