Blue dippers A Sat 4th Feb KO 1230pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Blue dippers A Sat 4th Feb KO 1230pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:44 pm
Next week, we need to see how we respond next week. Imo, that will set the tone for the rest of our season. Brentford are a well organised team. We'll see what we are made of.
Yeah. We will need to Turn Up and Turn Up All Guns Blazing or we will drop more points. Brentford have hurt other top 6 teams....

Surely Arteta Warned the team that the scouseScum would employ the Full Tactics of Fuckery and Shithousery and kick us and then feign injury at every opportunity... We were Naive AND We Didn't Turn Up...Not the players, Not the Subs... NOT The Manager.

:cry:

Week-end Ruined AND it will get worse as the Media Luvvies all hail the Ginger Coconut for starting the Scouse reprisal etc etc

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

You know what I can't be fucking bothered with between now and the end of the season? That's being fucking pissed off and angry. Either we fucking play properly and win the league or just get it over and done with in the next few weeks and have City run away with it. I don't want to end up in that fucking miserable, half-hopeful place that exists where we have an outside chance of winning the league but all know it's over. Fucking wake up, beat the shit teams, win and draw against City, draw at the bindippers and we're there. Fucking hell, it's easy.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

My Player Ratings Out Of 10

Ramsdale = 6
White = 3
Saliba = 4
Gabriel = 4
Zinchenko =5
Ødegaard = 3
Partey = 3
Xhaka = Zero
Saka = 4
Nketiah = 3
Martinelli = 3

Substitutes

Tomiyasu = 4
Trossard = 3
Jorginho = 1
Fábio Vieira = 1

Arteta = 3

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Silly me... I was Forgetting What Defeat Feels Like.

It fucking Sucks.... Especially when My Team Just DON'T Turn Up against a bunch of fuckin' Knuckledragging Orcs.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Can't really single any player out for special criticism, everyone was awful today, our worst performance of the season.
Absolutely gutted and watching that detestable bastard Dyche do his fat sam impersonation on the touchline made me want to smash my telly and vomit!
Still think we can beat shiteh if we can see off Brentford and I still reckon sperz will take a point tomorrow.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:13 pm
Can't really single any player out for special criticism, everyone was awful today, our worst performance of the season.
Absolutely gutted and watching that detestable bastard Dyche do his fat sam impersonation on the touchline made me want to smash my telly and vomit!
Still think we can beat shiteh if we can see off Brentford and I still reckon sperz will take a point tomorrow.
We will beat teams that play football, we'll have a much better chance anyway. Newcastle, Everton, Leeds.....the Bolton like teams of the PL is where we will struggle. Games like today is where we will always see the absolute worst of Xhaka, Odegaard is also not good in these types of games. I cannot understand why Tomi is behind Ben White, especially at RB. Viera and Jorghino will NEVER be good enough for us.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A few things that didn’t help.

Someone left one on Odegaard midway through the first half. He was never the same after that. Partey was clearly carrying some sort of injury. He was at 90 % which isn’t enough in a bear pit. They doubled up on Saka and Martinelli. We had no answer. And if you watch Ben White closely he had a horrendous game. Repeatedly gave possession away and they grew and grew on the back of it. Our changes were too late. They were all inferior quality. They added nothing. This squad all of a sudden looks powderpuff again. Extremely worrying.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

When Partey is not on song and dominating Xhaka disappears , Today they doubled on Martinelli and Saka which meant that there should have been space for the centre midfield to exploit but they were so hyped that Xhaka and Odegaard hardly had any space which curtailed Nketiah’s play.
Dyche did a job on us and did it very effectively .
You can’t fault the Keeper or the back four or Saka and Martinelli but it was the centre 4 that were rushed out of it. We could have played until next week and not scored .
That’s the reason that we lost
Would like to see the tackle on Gabriel again as it looked like a penalty to me , although understandably not given.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:26 pm
When Partey is not on song and dominating Xhaka disappears , Today they doubled on Martinelli and Saka which meant that there should have been space for the centre midfield to exploit but they were so hyped that Xhaka and Odegaard hardly had any space which curtailed Nketiah’s play.
Dyche did a job on us and did it very effectively .
You can’t fault the Keeper or the back four or Saka and Martinelli but it was the centre 4 that were rushed out of it. We could have played until next week and not scored .
That’s the reason that we lost
Would like to see the tackle on Gabriel again as it looked like a penalty to me , although understandably not given.
Why understandably not given?? Totally confused by that comment.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:42 pm
Everyone slagging off Dyche and his team, but they wanted it far more and deserved the win. They could easily have been two up at halftime. We got exactly what we deserved here, fuck all.
Agree Retro

We let them win 1st and 2nd balls far too easily, didn’t match them for desire.

Had a couple of let offs from previous deep corners and finally paid the price.

Didn’t go at them from the off with any real commitment, seems we were happy to have possession, but did very little with it.

Saka was the only attacking player who played to his level today.

Still, it s February and we are top of the league :barscarf: I doubt if many would have predicted that back in August ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The nature of the defeat was the most worrying aspect- was that "old Arsenal" coming back for a one off performance, or more worryingly "current Arsenal" who get roughed up and bullied still?

The coming weeks will tell us but as we get near the season end there will be more tests like that one, where a relegation threatened team start upping their levels

Anyone can lose a game - no issue there. Just thought we looked very soft all over the park

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:45 pm
The nature of the defeat was the most worrying aspect- was that "old Arsenal" coming back for a one off performance, or more worryingly "current Arsenal" who get roughed up and bullied still?

The coming weeks will tell us but as we get near the season end there will be more tests like that one, where a relegation threatened team start upping their levels

Anyone can lose a game - no issue there. Just thought we looked very soft all over the park
Thing is Stevo, I didn't think Everton were overly physical, they created plenty of chances, were really up for it and I think our problem was complacency (maybe a handbrake issue :wink: )and when faced by a team competing in every area, we couldn't pick our game up.
It was a dreadful performance, but we've had them before in title winning seasons.
The next few games though will determine whether or not we can maintain our challenge until the end of the season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:57 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:45 pm

Thing is Stevo, I didn't think Everton were overly physical, they created plenty of chances, were really up for it and I think our problem was complacency and when faced by a team competing in every area, we couldn't pick our game up.
It was a dreadful performance, but we've had them before in title winning seasons.
The next few games though will determine whether or not we can maintain our challenge until the end of the season.
Yeah agreed - realistically we were never going to go the rest of the season unbeaten and these things happen. City have lost shit games against the likes of Brentford too

Talking of Brentford, they are in decent form but its not a bad game to have next to bounce back.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We were complacent, simple as. No-one wanted it. Arteta has no answer to our wide men getting double marked .....it will happen again at least 12 times in the run in, he needs to develop a plan B.

Maybe this gives everyone a kick up the arse. Losing a game doesn't derail the season but not reacting to it can do.

Remember Everton took a point off City, at City a few weeks ago, write it off and come back stronger, we aren't a bad team overnight.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:12 pm
We were complacent, simple as. No-one wanted it. Arteta has no answer to our wide men getting double marked .....it will happen again at least 12 times in the run in, he needs to develop a plan B.

Maybe this gives everyone a kick up the arse. Losing a game doesn't derail the season but not reacting to it can do.

Remember Everton took a point off City, at City a few weeks ago, write it off and come back stronger, we aren't a bad team overnight.
Exactly, when our wide men have 2 on them, which always happens it means Odergaard, Partey and Xhaka should have more freedom if we play the right pass and today we didn’t.

Too many players not on their game, Everton more up for it than us and no individual inspiration to turn it around.
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.