Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Getting tickets

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:00 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:50 pm
By having a long window to enter a ballot means more and more people are applying for tickets so the situation is worse than ever.
If you haven’t got a season ticket then you might as well forget it now.

Arsenal - season ticket holders and rich tourists prepared to buy tickets from touts.
Despite the team playing well it is pretty pointless if there is no chance of getting to a match.
I will scrap my membership at the end of the season. Don’t even need it for ticket transfer. Just have to be nice to my season ticket holder friends and family :-). Gonna cost me a lot in beers…
I think that's the only realistic way to get to games without a season ticket under this model. Befriend a season ticket holder and get the tickets transferred from them. This whole ballot system appears to be a complete mess and just isn't fair for supporters who are paying money for nothing.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:21 am
arrgee wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
By having a long window to enter a ballot means more and more people are applying for tickets so the situation is worse than ever.

Arsenal - season ticket holders and rich tourists prepared to buy tickets from touts.
Despite the team playing well it is pretty pointless if there is no chance of getting to a match.
I will scrap my membership at the end of the season. Don’t even need it for ticket transfer. Just have to be nice to my season ticket holder friends and family :-). Gonna cost me a lot in beers…
I think that's the only realistic way to get to games without a season ticket under this model. Befriend a season ticket holder and get the tickets transferred from them. This whole ballot system appears to be a complete mess and just isn't fair for supporters who are paying money for nothing.
I suppose the upside is I will be saving £54 annual membership, another £500 or so on tickets along with another £100 or so I spend on pre/post match beers and food. Not even worth hanging on to membership for Ticket Exchange as every time I select a seat it is unavailable.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:00 pm
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:21 am
arrgee wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

I suppose the upside is I will be saving £54 annual membership, another £500 or so on tickets along with another £100 or so I spend on pre/post match beers and food. Not even worth hanging on to membership for Ticket Exchange as every time I select a seat it is unavailable.
Get on to Clummo on here and ask him about his IPTV stuff. Watch all the matches, save a fortune and have some cheaper drinks from the supermarket. Hopefully changes will happen next year to this balott nonsense and they'll be a fairer and more accessible way to buy tickets.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:47 pm
Get on to Clummo on here and ask him about his IPTV stuff. Watch all the matches, save a fortune and have some cheaper drinks from the supermarket. Hopefully changes will happen next year to this balott nonsense and they'll be a fairer and more accessible way to buy tickets.
I have Sky, Amazon & TNT so see pretty much all the games bar Saturday 3pm kick offs. Have used VPN on occasion for those. If I don’t get tickets for Arsenal v Burnley as I expect, I will just go to Orient instead and watch highlights later.
Unfortunately, I don’t see any improvements unless Arsenal are notionally out of every competition by end January and people don’t bother with the ballot.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Where would you find a season ticket holder that may need to miss quite a few games this season? 8)

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:41 pm
Where would you find a season ticket holder that may need to miss quite a few games this season? 8)
I know one who can’t make midweek games as he travels a long way and can’t get home after an 8pm kick off. So that is all the European games along with Arsenal v Luton. Though I guess he might make the effort for a European quarter/semi. Could also be some games on Friday/Monday. Gave me a ticket for midweek Arsenal v Manchester City five years ago when he couldn’t face going after the League Cup final loss. Stadium was probably just over half full that night.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:58 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
I know one who can’t make midweek games as he travels a long way and can’t get home after an 8pm kick off. So that is all the European games along with Arsenal v Luton. Though I guess he might make the effort for a European quarter/semi. Could also be some games on Friday/Monday. Gave me a ticket for midweek Arsenal v Manchester City five years ago when he couldn’t face going after the League Cup final loss. Stadium was probably just over half full that night.
I’ll ask around the village to see if anyone with a season ticket can’t make a few games this season. Hobbits need not apply.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:55 pm
arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:58 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
I’ll ask around the village to see if anyone with a season ticket can’t make a few games this season. Hobbits need not apply.
Sure just ask one of the players and - oh, right. :lol:

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

TX currently has about 40 tickets on the map, but all of them sold days ago. It's such an infuriating system to try and deal with

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:21 pm
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:47 pm
I have Sky, Amazon & TNT so see pretty much all the games bar Saturday 3pm kick offs. Have used VPN on occasion for those. If I don’t get tickets for Arsenal v Burnley as I expect, I will just go to Orient instead and watch highlights later.
Unfortunately, I don’t see any improvements unless Arsenal are notionally out of every competition by end January and people don’t bother with the ballot.
I think a lot of people will stop bothering with the ballot. However the people who won’t are the touts. Things unlikely to improve any time soon

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I’m giving it a go on the ticket exchange right now - soul destroying

given up.
complete waste of time.

to put in context how hard it is now to get tickets for anything Arsenal related....apparently 45,000 tickets have already been sold for the womens match v Liverpool :shock: :shock:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:19 pm

given up.
complete waste of time.
Every time I go on, I see a seat, I select it and it is not available. The new 3D selection is total sh!te.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:03 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:19 pm

given up.
complete waste of time.
Every time I go on, I see a seat, I select it and it is not available. The new 3D selection is total sh!te.
I posted in the match thread earlier that I somehow managed to get a ticket
Got one about 2.30pm.
My theory is that the touts had enough tickets by then and so there was a small window for people to get a ticket.

I also had the advantage of being in my office today and on a more powerful computer. It basically is all about speed of your internet connection. The majority of people have no chance with the new user interface.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:51 pm
:(
I posted in the match thread earlier that I somehow managed to get a ticket
Got one about 2.30pm.
My theory is that the touts had enough tickets by then and so there was a small window for people to get a ticket.

I also had the advantage of being in my office today and on a more powerful computer. It basically is all about speed of your internet connection. The majority of people have no chance with the new user interface.
I just have home broadband as I have retired. A year ago on the old TX, I got tickets. Alas no more :(

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

Looks like ballots are here to stay but you could get priority access to TX if you applied and are unsuccessful. Not sure that helps when 100k people are still trying