Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Getting tickets

Post by BobbyPires7 »

In the last few years I would go to Europa home games and there would be the whole row free because my fellow season ticket holders hadn’t bothered. How time changes when the better times come back. Fair weather fans.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:34 am
I nearly always get to the European homes but not a prayer based on yesterday's experience. Shame but to be honest I feel sorry for those more deserving than me who were turning up regularly over the last few years. There won't be any simple solutions I fear - the price of success and it reminds me of the Wenger glory days when demand far outweighed supply. I do want to know how touts come to buy so many - surely with so many Gold, Silver and Reds, every single ticket is traceable to someone?

The double annoyance is that I had everything lined up for the away travel but I've heard now that every single individual ticket holder needs to producing matching ID (not just the lead booker) so the days of helping a mate out also seem to have gone.

As i say, there are far more worthy supporters than I, and I'm more upset for them. Need to be careful that an entire fanbase isn't driven away
Same here regarding the European games but as you say it is the price of success.

2 things annoy me though - the ticket exchange system has been taken over by bots and is now not fit for purpose and leading on from this the only way you seem to be able to get a ticket now is via dodgy online resale sites with tickets £200+

Unless the club address the issue this summer then the membership scheme is pretty pointless though- a total scam actually for red members because there is no hope at all of ever getting a ticket.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:05 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
I nearly always get to the European homes but not a prayer based on yesterday's experience. Shame but to be honest I feel sorry for those more deserving than me who were turning up regularly over the last few years. There won't be any simple solutions I fear - the price of success and it reminds me of the Wenger glory days when demand far outweighed supply. I do want to know how touts come to buy so many - surely with so many Gold, Silver and Reds, every single ticket is traceable to someone?

The double annoyance is that I had everything lined up for the away travel but I've heard now that every single individual ticket holder needs to producing matching ID (not just the lead booker) so the days of helping a mate out also seem to have gone.

As i say, there are far more worthy supporters than I, and I'm more upset for them. Need to be careful that an entire fanbase isn't driven away
Same here regarding the European games but as you say it is the price of success.

2 things annoy me though - the ticket exchange system has been taken over by bots and is now not fit for purpose and leading on from this the only way you seem to be able to get a ticket now is via dodgy online resale sites with tickets £200+

Unless the club address the issue this summer then the membership scheme is pretty pointless though- a total scam actually for red members because there is no hope at all of ever getting a ticket.
And now not much better for silvers either - certainly if the club don't do anything I'll probably jack in the silvers too

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Can you transfer a ticket directly to another member? You need to become friends with some friendly season ticket holders who work away a lot….

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:23 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

And now not much better for silvers either - certainly if the club don't do anything I'll probably jack in the silvers too
In my role as a project manager I work with a lot of ICT geek fuckheads (that's a technical term there) who believe the Internet and IT based systems in general are the solution to EVERYFUCKINGTHING. :roll: :lol:

The problem they fail to recognise is that the bad actors / hackers etc are nearly always a step ahead and the geeks' beloved IT systems nearly always have to play catch up, and are quite often then found to be not really fit for purpose.

They are so busy asking themselves "can they?", they never once stop to ask, "should they?" :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

In my role as a project manager I work with a lot of ICT geek fuckheads (that's a technical term there) who believe the Internet and IT based systems in general are the solution to EVERYFUCKINGTHING. :roll: :lol:

The problem they fail to recognise is that the bad actors / hackers etc are nearly always a step ahead and the geeks' beloved IT systems nearly always have to play catch up, and are quite often then found to be not really fit for purpose.

They are so busy asking themselves "can they?", they never once stop to ask, "should they?" :roll:
Hence Dolly the cloned sheep and now the first of the cloned children in the Labs at Cambridge... (fact)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Hence Dolly the cloned sheep and now the first of the cloned children in the Labs at Cambridge... (fact)
:lol:

I'm just talking about ICT geek fuckheads, man. The genetic mutant makers are on a different level. :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The best and fairest system is actually to go back to paper tickets :D

Will never happen of course

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:23 pm
The best and fairest system is actually to go back to paper tickets :D

Will never happen of course
Up until about 1995 I would just write to the box office about once a month listing my preferences for the next few games. I'd include a postal order to pay for the tickets and 9 times out of 10 they'd send me the exact ticket I requested or at least something as close to it as possible. I used to love the day the envelope would arrive with the paper tickets in it. :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:45 pm
Can you transfer a ticket directly to another member? You need to become friends with some friendly season ticket holders who work away a lot….
Thats what we do , a ticket never goes to waste between around 15 of us. I wont be able to get to strike day games but make sure uts tranferred rather than go to a bot. Something needs to be done , I go to a lot of gigs and thats a nightmare now as well, I fucking hate touts

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

I'm just talking about ICT geek fuckheads, man. The genetic mutant makers are on a different level. :wink:
They're all of one type of mind mate - Let's do this and worry about any consequences later... Stupid Fucks.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

They're all of one type of mind mate - Let's do this and worry about any consequences later... Stupid Fucks.
That's true.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:44 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:45 pm
Thats what we do , a ticket never goes to waste between around 15 of us. I wont be able to get to strike day games but make sure uts tranferred rather than go to a bot. Something needs to be done , I go to a lot of gigs and thats a nightmare now as well, I fucking hate touts
yeah I think what is happening is that people are putting tickets on the ticket exchange but these are now being hoovered up by the bots.
i had a go yesterday to try and get a ticket for Everton tonight and it was crazy.

Tickets ARE becoming available all the time BUT as soon as you click to get one it says it is unavailable because clearly my finger is slower than a robot :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

finally ....success :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

got a ticket for tonight through the ticket exchange - i have a feeling that the touts are struggling to shift their pile of tickets and so their robots were a little less active today :D

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:55 am
finally ....success :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

got a ticket for tonight through the ticket exchange - i have a feeling that the touts are struggling to shift their pile of tickets and so their robots were a little less active today :D
What price? Having no joy today nor in last week or so…

… tickets appear, but are unavailable when I click on them.