Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Snapper

Getting tickets

Post by Red Snapper »

I'm a senior silver member. For a couple of reasons since covid I was advised to still try to avoid crowded places and public transport despite having all the jabs but was given the all clear last Autumn. Since then I have been unable to get a match ticket. I tried logging in earlier on Tuesday for the Crystal Palace game. At 9.30 the code arrived from the web site and I entered it immediately and got onto the queue page. At 10.00.15 the green band started to move and a message said I would be in in 17 mins. Spot on 17 mins later I was presented with the stadium plan just in time to see the last two seats disappear. The place was sold out in 17 mins! Now I know we're doing well so more people want to go but I've never missed out so early before, even at the old place. Have I missed something?

BobbyPires7

Re: Getting tickets

Post by BobbyPires7 »

She Wore on Facebook have cottoned on to this and are trying to get the Club to sort this out.

From what I can see the tickets are siphoned off to tourists and supporter’s clubs. A lot of tickets that went to Silver are now going to Reds after they complained they weren’t getting a look in. There’s basically not enough tickets to go around. In trying to please everyone they are pleasing no one. Unless you have a season ticket I suppose.

Ben Diesel

Post by Ben Diesel »

I read that 30,000 dodgy IP addresses used by bots had needed to be blocked from accessing the online sale.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Ben Diesel wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:50 pm
I read that 30,000 dodgy IP addresses used by bots had needed to be blocked from accessing the online sale.
Probably clummos!!

Joke clummo joke based on the history of here! Nothing more!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:59 pm
Ben Diesel wrote:
Probably clummos!!

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:59 pm
Ben Diesel wrote:
Probably clummos!!

:popcorn:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Ben Diesel wrote:
All my Twitter accounts. :lol:

Eh KingDaft. :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:24 pm
I'm a senior silver member. For a couple of reasons since covid I was advised to still try to avoid crowded places and public transport despite having all the jabs but was given the all clear last Autumn. Since then I have been unable to get a match ticket. I tried logging in earlier on Tuesday for the Crystal Palace game. At 9.30 the code arrived from the web site and I entered it immediately and got onto the queue page. At 10.00.15 the green band started to move and a message said I would be in in 17 mins. Spot on 17 mins later I was presented with the stadium plan just in time to see the last two seats disappear. The place was sold out in 17 mins! Now I know we're doing well so more people want to go but I've never missed out so early before, even at the old place. Have I missed something?
Same for Leeds. Never had an issue getting a lower tier ticket for any game this season, but had to wait 13 minutes this time and by then it was sold out. I was on at 9:18am. Kept clicking and eventually got a ticket in upper tier. At 10:21am. Four more home league games this season…

… and hoping Everton comes up on TX as I never got a ticket for original date as I wasn’t able to make it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

As a red member I have just given up trying to get a league ticket this season- got to the league cup and Europa league games fine and for very reasonable prices too.

Where I am most annoyed I think is with the ticket exchange - been on there quite a bit since Christmas and I have yet to see 1 seat become available. Surely that must be bots?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:09 pm
As a red member I have just given up trying to get a league ticket this season- got to the league cup and Europa league games fine and for very reasonable prices too.

Where I am most annoyed I think is with the ticket exchange - been on there quite a bit since Christmas and I have yet to see 1 seat become available. Surely that must be bots?
From what I've read recently, it is. Surely there's a way around this issue that requires a human to actually fucking buy it rather than some machine or whatever. Before you get the ticket transfered who have to answer three questions or catch a ball or show a picture of an animal or something. I know nothing about computers but surely there's a way to stop these bots from buying tickets or playing chess or whatver it is the fucking things do.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:09 pm

I'm in the same boat, no matter how quick I am to the ticket sale/s - They are gone before I can get to looking at any available seats....I have e-mailed, phoned and even written to the club to no avail, it's a fuckin' shitshow. There HAS to be a better foolproof way for the ticket sales to be managed.

Buy it on line then you collect from the box Office on game day with Proof of ID etc.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:10 pm
https://www.arsenal.com/news/ticketing- ... z-JnJUPAkM

The Club have fucked up.
"tickets purchased where we suspect unusual behaviour will be held for collection where the purchaser must produce ID to obtain them. "

Just do that regardless of unusual behaviour. Random checks. If your name doesn’t match the ID, you are not getting in, The downloading of a QR code to your phone means anyone can use the ticket even if they are not the member.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m a long-term season ticket holder. I also sit right at the back of the lower tier near the stewards. This season has been noticeable for the fact that untold characters turn up each game hopelessly looking for where their seat is. Sometimes it’s like watching a Benny Hill sketch. They turn up late and go down the wrong row. Everyone gets up to to let them in. I can see there is no spare seat. They then go down another row etc etc until they finally find where they are sitting. Everything is on a phone. I would say for sure that these are touted tickets. Just looking at the people, they are obviously tourists. Pretty much all have been bought from touts. Touting is out of control at Arsenal. The Club are complicit as they could quite straightforwardly stop it by using captcha technology. Perhaps some mystery shopping to some of these touts in the West End. Could easily be shut down.

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

I had a season ticket for around 30 years upto this season when I gave it up. Not that I don't believe in the team, it's just that for the last 4 years i own and run a craft beer bar, so unfortunately weekend games are out.

Been to a few cup games but it seems to be basically people going because it's something to boast about at work rather than any real interest. People turning upto 20 minutes after the start, disappearing 5 minutes before half time and leaving on 80. Yet these *word censored* are getting tickets...

However league games are a fantasy as there is no point even bothering now as nothing is available even at the on sale time.

Agreed about the ticket exchange, zero on it, even the Newcastle game with train strikes.