Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Getting tickets

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:46 am
arrgee wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:31 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:19 am
All this angst for tickets. When we are toiling away next season with handbrakes on and special circumstances results, I do hope you are all still clamouring to get in to the ground on a cold midweek night. I’ll be there. :barscarf:
My favourite. It's the unpredictable weekend games that get me. Could be Friday night, Sunday evening or very rarely Saturday at 3pm. Still at least no more Thursday football this year.
True. No more 5pm Thursday. Although I think you can still get early Champions League games.
I like early midweek kick offs, more post match drinking time. 7pm for Youth Cup final was good, though would be happy with 6pm. I don’t work anymore so no issues. Also another issue with later kick offs like Sporting and Southampton is the concourse bars are either not open or just for 30 minutes. So when I get to H&I there is still a long queue and have to walk to Canonbury to get on the train.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

The new ballot for silver members is ridiculous. I have to give Arsenal my credit card details who can then take £100+ for the most expensive ticket in the ground. Normally I get in early and get a lower tier ticket which is over £30 cheaper for category A games. I can't even set an upper limit on what I pay. My only option is to sell the ticket on Ticket Exchange if I get the £100+ ticket and then try to get a cheaper ticket.

Silver and Red ballot

To participate in the ballot for both Silver and Red tickets, we require you to authorise a payment card. If your application is successful the payment card you provided will be automatically charged and tickets will be assigned to you. The ballot page when open will display a range of available prices for your reference. Please keep in mind that successful applicants may be assigned seats from any available areas and prices.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:28 pm
The new ballot for silver members is ridiculous. I have to give Arsenal my credit card details who can then take £100+ for the most expensive ticket in the ground. Normally I get in early and get a lower tier ticket which is over £30 cheaper for category A games. I can't even set an upper limit on what I pay. My only option is to sell the ticket on Ticket Exchange if I get the £100+ ticket and then try to get a cheaper ticket.

Silver and Red ballot

To participate in the ballot for both Silver and Red tickets, we require you to authorise a payment card. If your application is successful the payment card you provided will be automatically charged and tickets will be assigned to you. The ballot page when open will display a range of available prices for your reference. Please keep in mind that successful applicants may be assigned seats from any available areas and prices.
The ballot is to stop touts. How do you suggest Arsenal do it? If you only want cheap tickets.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:15 pm
arrgee wrote:

Silver and Red ballot

The ballot is to stop touts. How do you suggest Arsenal do it? If you only want cheap tickets.
Allow people to select areas they are happy to take tickets in. FIFA/UEFA ballots allow you to select categories you want tickets in so you don't end up with the expensive tickets.
Also I don't see why touts wouldn't join the ballot. Surely they will get umpteen memberships and take whatever tickets they get and sell them on. In fact, the ticket transfer now allows silver/red members to transfer to a non-member and they get a pdf ticket. If anything, this will make matters worse.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickettransfer

Once someone is in your Network, it's easy to send your ticket whenever you like, the recipient dosen't need to be a Member.

Once you have transferred your ticket to a fan via their online account and the recipient has accepted the transfer, the recipient will be sent an electronic ticket which can either be printed or scanned on their mobile device in order to gain access to the stadium. Your Membership card will then be deactivated for the fixture.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

arrgee wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:57 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:15 pm
arrgee wrote:

Silver and Red ballot

Allow people to select areas they are happy to take tickets in. FIFA/UEFA ballots allow you to select categories you want tickets in so you don't end up with the expensive tickets.
Also I don't see why touts wouldn't join the ballot. Surely they will get umpteen memberships and take whatever tickets they get and sell them on. In fact, the ticket transfer now allows silver/red members to transfer to a non-member and they get a pdf ticket. If anything, this will make matters worse.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickettransfer

Once someone is in your Network, it's easy to send your ticket whenever you like, the recipient dosen't need to be a Member.

Once you have transferred your ticket to a fan via their online account and the recipient has accepted the transfer, the recipient will be sent an electronic ticket which can either be printed or scanned on their mobile device in order to gain access to the stadium. Your Membership card will then be deactivated for the fixture.
I suppose you could set a preference for price range. However simple logic would suggest that all the cheap tickets would be popular and hence your chances of getting any tickets would go down. If you got no tickets I would imagine you would then complain about that.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I'm swerving Silver Membership this season coming, got a season ticket in the Clock End upper, at the front right above Ash Army, and should be cracking up there. Already custodian for a mates season ticket, so now have access to three tickets a game.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:44 pm
I suppose you could set a preference for price range. However simple logic would suggest that all the cheap tickets would be popular and hence your chances of getting any tickets would go down. If you got no tickets I would imagine you would then complain about that.
I have never failed to get a ticket when applying when they have gone on sale. And 99% of the time I get a lower tier seat. Only time I didn’t was for Atletico Madrid semi. I would rather not go than sit up at the back of the upper tier.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:48 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:44 pm
I have never failed to get a ticket when applying when they have gone on sale. And 99% of the time I get a lower tier seat. Only time I didn’t was for Atletico Madrid semi. I would rather not go than sit up at the back of the upper tier.
If you get a ticket every time it goes on sale first come first served then you must have the quickest internet connection in England.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

32,369 Tickets for Community Shield. Suspect they will go down to red members. Can’t imagine City selling more than 20,000.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Having started this thread complaining about the impossibility of getting tickets I can report that I have been successful in the ballot for the Forest game, The email tells me I can log on after 10am tomorrow to complete the purchase although there is still the reminder that they are on a first come first served basis. A further warning says that if members are successful in the ballot but do not purchase a ticket on three occasions then they will be barred from all remaining ballots that season. Hopefully these measures will deter the touts.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Red Snapper wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:55 pm
Having started this thread complaining about the impossibility of getting tickets I can report that I have been successful in the ballot for the Forest game, The email tells me I can log on after 10am tomorrow to complete the purchase although there is still the reminder that they are on a first come first served basis. A further warning says that if members are successful in the ballot but do not purchase a ticket on three occasions then they will be barred from all remaining ballots that season. Hopefully these measures will deter the touts.
ok good to know. I havent looked into the change in ticketing system this year.
as someone else pointed out though how exactly does this stop touts?

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Well the way I've read it Rob is that the ticket will be sent to your phone as the only way to access the stadium. Also they have immediately sent confirmation as usual but the "E" ticket will only be sent one week before the fixture so touts will need dozens of phones and have little time to sell them. I may be wrong about all of that!
Anyway, the system works (eventually!). I logged on at 9.30 this a m and got in after a two minute queue at 10. As this was only open for family section tickets I imagine it was a test run to iron out bugs. There were bugs! it was very easy to choose which section and seats we wanted and I was soon on the payment page. I pressed confirm to be met by a message that I did not have a valid membership for this section! I went back and tried again; same result. I went to my phone and tried; same result. After a few more tries I found a phone number to call so rang immediately. A few "press one" type messages ensued then a period of crappy music. Twelve minutes in a recorded voice informed me I was 92nd in the queue for the phone to be answered so I went out shopping, came home , had lunch and tried again. 58th in the queue this time. I tried one last time at 3.20pm to get through the box office and finally got as far as the payment page, ticked the credit card to use and now have tickets for me and my mate in the OAP/kids section. There must have been a glitch/bug that was sorted and the whole process seemed easier than before once it worked.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:49 pm
Well the way I've read it Rob is that the ticket will be sent to your phone as the only way to access the stadium. Also they have immediately sent confirmation as usual but the "E" ticket will only be sent one week before the fixture so touts will need dozens of phones and have little time to sell them. I may be wrong about all of that!
Anyway, the system works (eventually!). I logged on at 9.30 this a m and got in after a two minute queue at 10. As this was only open for family section tickets I imagine it was a test run to iron out bugs. There were bugs! it was very easy to choose which section and seats we wanted and I was soon on the payment page. I pressed confirm to be met by a message that I did not have a valid membership for this section! I went back and tried again; same result. I went to my phone and tried; same result. After a few more tries I found a phone number to call so rang immediately. A few "press one" type messages ensued then a period of crappy music. Twelve minutes in a recorded voice informed me I was 92nd in the queue for the phone to be answered so I went out shopping, came home , had lunch and tried again. 58th in the queue this time. I tried one last time at 3.20pm to get through the box office and finally got as far as the payment page, ticked the credit card to use and now have tickets for me and my mate in the OAP/kids section. There must have been a glitch/bug that was sorted and the whole process seemed easier than before once it worked.
I believe it is different outside famil enclosure in that seats are assigned.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Just managed to get my community shield tickets, have buddied up with some other season ticket holders so we can sit together but boy is it a fucking ball ache. Genuinely the most stressful experience these days is going into the Arsenal box office, at one stage I had 10 tickets in my basket when I only wanted four!

What appeared to be a mad scramble for tickets, turned out to only be season ticket holders trying to get lower tier. Theres still thousands left in the upper tier, I expect it to go to silver members next week.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:22 am
Just managed to get my community shield tickets, have buddied up with some other season ticket holders so we can sit together but boy is it a fucking ball ache. Genuinely the most stressful experience these days is going into the Arsenal box office, at one stage I had 10 tickets in my basket when I only wanted four!

What appeared to be a mad scramble for tickets, turned out to only be season ticket holders trying to get lower tier. Theres still thousands left in the upper tier, I expect it to go to silver members next week.
Never an issue getting tickets for Community Shield or FA Cup Semi as a non season ticket holder. Last time Arsenal made League Cup final, I got a ticket as a silver member. Puzzling as Arsenal supposedly have 40,000 season ticket holders. On sale to silver tomorrow at 10 am.