Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Getting tickets

Post by SteveO 35 »

Funny - the club announce this policy after the first season competing for the title for 19 years. Got a feeling demand levels will resume their previous pattern after tonight and into next season

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:55 pm
Funny - the club announce this policy after the first season competing for the title for 19 years. Got a feeling demand levels will resume their previous pattern after tonight and into next season
Probably be plenty of demand at the start of next season and for those plum European Cup games.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:50 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Probably be plenty of demand at the start of next season and for those plum European Cup games.
Temporarily, but after a couple of years of being also rans in it and getting fucked over by Barcelona and Bayern, the appetite will go back to previous levels. The only CL ticket I never managed to get as a silver member was the home semi final against Man United.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

All this angst for tickets. When we are toiling away next season with handbrakes on and special circumstances results, I do hope you are all still clamouring to get in to the ground on a cold midweek night. I’ll be there. :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
what plum European games will that be then ? Do you mean Olympiakos ? :D

i'm just pleased that we are in it for the last meaningful Champions League of 32 teams.
once the new format kicks in I am going to have zero interest in it.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:48 am
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Temporarily, but after a couple of years of being also rans in it and getting fucked over by Barcelona and Bayern, the appetite will go back to previous levels. The only CL ticket I never managed to get as a silver member was the home semi final against Man United.
Good one to miss. I was there early. With my flag. Light show possibly. Big build up of the fans into a lather….. Then we got ripped apart under the pressure. Sound familiar??

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:20 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Good one to miss. I was there early. With my flag. Light show possibly. Big build up of the fans into a lather….. Then we got ripped apart under the pressure. Sound familiar??
Of course! But I remember back then the AKBs would tell you about this great young squad and how we just needed 2 or 3 key players to make all the difference. I went to the away game at OT where Almunia had his greatest ever game in the shirt and kept it at 1-0, when it was much like the first 44 minutes last night.....an absolute one way siege where the team froze and it was miracle we were still in the game. Second leg and done and dusted inside 8 minutes. The current team have all the same traits - swashbuckling when it doesn't matter, paralysed by fear when it does

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:23 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Of course! But I remember back then the AKBs would tell you about this great young squad and how we just needed 2 or 3 key players to make all the difference. I went to the away game at OT where Almunia had his greatest ever game in the shirt and kept it at 1-0, when it was much like the first 44 minutes last night.....an absolute one way siege where the team froze and it was miracle we were still in the game. Second leg and done and dusted inside 8 minutes. The current team have all the same traits - swashbuckling when it doesn't matter, paralysed by fear when it does
I went to the away too. How many times was Adebayor offside from our own goal kick? 20 times. A miracle to get out 1 nil down.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Unless Arsenal win the league (unlikely) they could be 3rd seeds, so might have two big sides along with Olympiakos.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:19 am
All this angst for tickets. When we are toiling away next season with handbrakes on and special circumstances results, I do hope you are all still clamouring to get in to the ground on a cold midweek night. I’ll be there. :barscarf:
My favourite. It's the unpredictable weekend games that get me. Could be Friday night, Sunday evening or very rarely Saturday at 3pm. Still at least no more Thursday football this year.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:27 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
arrgee wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Unless Arsenal win the league (unlikely) they could be 3rd seeds, so might have two big sides along with Olympiakos.
Sadly we won't even be getting that pleasure with Olympiacos floundering in 3rd in Greece :( :( :(

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:31 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:19 am
My favourite. It's the unpredictable weekend games that get me. Could be Friday night, Sunday evening or very rarely Saturday at 3pm. Still at least no more Thursday football this year.
True. No more 5pm Thursday. Although I think you can still get early Champions League games.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If we do end up as 3rd seeds then your wish of no Thursday nights will extend until Feb 2024 when we drop out of the CL back into the Europa League to play a group runner up!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

we will all soon be missing the current CL schedule once the Swiss model starts in 2024 :D

one league table of 36 teams, 10 game weeks....cant wait.... :roll: :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Another email, another problem…

… what if my phone runs out of juice.

LOOKING AHEAD TO NEXT SEASON
Your physical membership card will still work for the remainder of this season. However, we encourage you to use your digital pass moving forward as, from next season (2023/24), entry to Arsenal Stadium will be via digital pass only. We will be in touch with further details ahead of the new season.
Last edited by arrgee on Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.