Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Getting tickets

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

arrgee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:31 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:12 am
Basically if your membership card doesn’t match your ticket you should not be entering the stadium.
Implementing that would slash the season ticket waiting list. Lots of season tickets on loan and quite a few shared. Occasionally I do go in with brother in law on his brother in law’s season ticket. Also a fair few ghost junior gunners so people can buy tickets in family enclosure. Last time I went I was in block 24 and there were 4 people stood in the space of 2 seats besides me.
Wouldn't your brother in law's brother in law be you?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

At today’s game a guy was handing out sweets all along our row. Seemed a bit odd and he had an accent. Someone asked him where he was from. Norway he answered. And I’m a Leeds fan, as is my son he added. My family got me the tickets for my birthday he grinned.

So basically in our row were two Norwegian Leeds fans. Yet tens of thousands of actual Gooners can’t get a look in.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Was talking to a mate about memberships, he reckons there is 30K Silver & 200K Red memberships WTF? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I know a few years back there was 44K Season ticket holders, so add 3K for away fans, there's not much left, said mate also reckons there are only 5-6K of tickets up for grabs every game.

Arsenal are feckin taking the piss, apparently there is a Facebook page & some fans are saying they will claim a refund on their credit cards as they haven't been able to get to one game! :banghead: :banghead:

Always said we should have built a 70K ground, now we have WHU, Middx with bigger stadiums than us, Arsenal & Islington Council need to get the planning sorted, too much congestion, how comes WHU & Middx manage it with far less railway stations located in their local areas. :rubchin: :blah: :cry:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:36 pm
At today’s game a guy was handing out sweets all along our row. Seemed a bit odd and he had an accent. Someone asked him where he was from. Norway he answered. And I’m a Leeds fan, as is my son he added. My family got me the tickets for my birthday he grinned.

So basically in our row were two Norwegian Leeds fans. Yet tens of thousands of actual Gooners can’t get a look in.
And these past few matches you can’t even watch the matches in the pubs near the stadium!
Luckily I was in the US today so saw the match in a superb sports bar :barscarf:
A few there are flying over for the final match of the season where prices are going for £1000+ at the moment! :shock:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

There were hundreds of empty seats in the Clock End upper tier, absolute fucking disgrace.

https://twitter.com/highburyhigh/status ... 66/photo/1

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:56 am
There were hundreds of empty seats in the Clock End upper tier, absolute fucking disgrace.

As the club claim that yesterday was sold out then they should know who bought the tickets to these seats - and should be contacting them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:47 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:36 pm

And these past few matches you can’t even watch the matches in the pubs near the stadium!
Luckily I was in the US today so saw the match in a superb sports bar :barscarf:
A few there are flying over for the final match of the season where prices are going for £1000+ at the moment! :shock:
Me and my mate have been offered (guaranteed) Tickets for the Wolves game at home ... For get this: £800 per ticket.

I contacted the Club / Ticket Office and gave them the details of this person/outlet as yet nothing. :cry:

It really is Criminal.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Why the fuck would anyone with a silver membership renew it this summer?

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I think some of the club hierarchy or / & staff are complicit in this, they are syphoning off tickets & supplying the touts & other crooks. It's nothing new as Stan Flashman & his cronies virtually lived outside the main entrance at Highbury buying tickets from staff & players! :banghead:

As for the bots, just ask them to supply DOB details or click on the captcha pics of cars, giraffes or traffic lights, how fecking hard can that be to do, a page of coding FFS! :cussing:

That pic of the empty seats should be investigated, I reckon the touts would rather let them be empty than sell them at a cheaper price near KO. They want to extract maximum prices, so they don't mind not selling them all. :cussing:

BTW where are the supporters groups, this is a major issue amongst our support, but yet again the fans groups are silent! :rubchin: :roll: :censored:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Everyone’s on the make.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:34 pm
Everyone’s on the make.
This ^^ 8)

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:28 pm
arrgee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:31 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:12 am
Basically if your membership card doesn’t match your ticket you should not be entering the stadium.
Implementing that would slash the season ticket waiting list. Lots of season tickets on loan and quite a few shared. Occasionally I do go in with brother in law on his brother in law’s season ticket. Also a fair few ghost junior gunners so people can buy tickets in family enclosure. Last time I went I was in block 24 and there were 4 people stood in the space of 2 seats besides me.
Wouldn't your brother in law's brother in law be you?
Yes, but he has another one via his sister which definitely isn't me 😅

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:44 am
Why the fuck would anyone with a silver membership renew it this summer?
I will because it's the only way I can get a ticket. I have got about a dozen this season. Only game I would have gone to that I missed was Everton at home because I couldn't make original date, but after the postponement I could. Spent hours on TX trying.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:

As I wrote earlier "Last time I went I was in block 24 and there were 4 people stood in the space of 2 seats besides me." People buy seats in one area and then stand downstairs with their friends. This happened at lot at concert venues like Brixton where the half the seats in the circle would be unused, but downstairs it would be rammed. Wasn't surprised it got closed down.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:10 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

As the club claim that yesterday was sold out then they should know who bought the tickets to these seats - and should be contacting them.
I am 100% certain these where purchased by bots on the internet. There's no way they were season ticket no shows.

This is the problem, a lot of the online ticketing sites are based overseas. So whilist it might be illegal in this country to sell PL tickets in other countries such as the US, secondary sites are commonplace.

Arsenal has admitted that bots are a big issue when it comes to ticket sales, but there is little they can do with overseas sites because of where they are based. AST had a forum with Arsenal about ticketing not long ago, This is long winded but goes through all of the issues with ticketing this season. And to be honest, one month after I still think Arsenal are not dealing with the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWS2GH ... rs%27Trust