Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Getting tickets

Post by arrgee »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:30 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:23 pm

That's not true. Club Wembley was £65, they were the most expensive seats. Only people paying £90 will be on the secondary market which is now saturated.
What's not true - I didn't argue with prices. I said £25 ticket holders will be high at the ground but a really good chunk of attendees will be secondary market ticket purchasers. Know quite a few that bought tickets at £120.
I don't think that many will be there with tickets from the secondary market. Surprised to see City sold their full allocation. Maybe they are buying them to sell them on. Arsenal's allocation went down to red members, so pretty much anyone could have joined for £34 and bought a ticket for £20/£25.

Meanwhile, I don't suppose anyone has a spare ticket for Sunday's hurling final?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Let’s be honest you can count on one hand the number of people buying a ticket at £120.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:50 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:30 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:23 pm

That's not true. Club Wembley was £65, they were the most expensive seats. Only people paying £90 will be on the secondary market which is now saturated.
What's not true - I didn't argue with prices. I said £25 ticket holders will be high at the ground but a really good chunk of attendees will be secondary market ticket purchasers. Know quite a few that bought tickets at £120.
I don't think that many will be there with tickets from the secondary market. Surprised to see City sold their full allocation. Maybe they are buying them to sell them on. Arsenal's allocation went down to red members, so pretty much anyone could have joined for £34 and bought a ticket for £20/£25.

Meanwhile, I don't suppose anyone has a spare ticket for Sunday's hurling final?
I must be the only unlucky one then. Got mine but friends who are silver members could not get any.

City sold out their end but loads of secondary markets are selling them at £35-40-45-50 so they are probably re-selling them and also ticking the box of buying the ticket against their membership

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:09 pm
I must be the only unlucky one then. Got mine but friends who are silver members could not get any.
Odd because there were plenty of tickets available when I got my pair late in the day before they went on sale to red members. Maybe they applied too late after the red sale.

https://www.arsenal.com/tickets/arsenal ... ester-city

Sales Window
Silver and Travel Club Members Silver, Cannon, Silver Senior, Travel Club and Junior Gunner Members 11/07/2023 10:00
Red Members Red, Cannon Red, Red Senior and Junior Gunner Members 12/07/2023 10:00

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:53 pm
Let’s be honest you can count on one hand the number of people buying a ticket at £120.
Exactly if you look at livefootballtickets the scally Mancs are trying to flog their tickets that they all got offered 4 each for £50 a pop. To say the black market is saturated is an understatement.

Now if you are a casual Arsenal fan and if you want to go and watch this game, do you spend £50 and keep quiet for 90 mins or £200 to sit in the Arsenal end. Because that is the reality of the black market.

Although the City allocation is officially a sellout, I expect empty seats and Arsenal fans in their end.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Arsenal v Fulham

Unfortunately, on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.

We encourage you to apply for tickets for future matches, with each ballot presenting a chance to secure tickets.

:banghead:

I get the feeling that my silver membership will be pretty worthless this season. If I don't get a ticket on an August bank holiday weekend for a category B game, I can't see much prospect of getting tickets in the other games.

nut flush gooner

Arsenal got more tickets for the community shield on sale right now!!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:12 pm
Arsenal got more tickets for the community shield on sale right now!!
£120?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I rarely comment on here during the summer as I like to have a break from football.

However this ballot system that has been introduced seems to be a bit of a shambles.
Is there really going to be a ballot for every match this season including League cup and Champions league group matches?

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:47 pm
I rarely comment on here during the summer as I like to have a break from football.

However this ballot system that has been introduced seems to be a bit of a shambles.
Is there really going to be a ballot for every match this season including League cup and Champions league group matches?
Still don’t understand why they did that. It’s such a “roulette” type bullshit.

Why would I play roulette luck with someone that subscribed and paid for a membership in 2023 and I have followed this club through thick and thin.

Maybe because I’m salty but I preferred the old system as being a Silver member meant something.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:47 pm

All the league games and champions league games for sure. Not for League Cup as it’s not part of the season ticket and as FA Cup is no longer part of the season ticket, it shouldn’t apply to that either (see below).

However, I don’t see what good this ballot is. I have been a member since 1992 and only once have I not got a ticket via my membership which was for the Villa game in 1999. First game I apply for this season, I am unsuccessful. Luckily, someone who now can’t make first two games has transferred their tickets to me, but I don’t know why I have paid £54 for a silver membership.

Cup Scheme

The 2023/24 season will consist of 22 games for General Admission season ticket holders, including 19 Premier League matches and 3 UEFA Champions League group stage games. As a season ticket holder, you have the opportunity to sign up to our new Cup Scheme, which means you will automatically purchase your own seat for all remaining European and FA Cup matches before they go on sale to other members to ensure you don’t miss out on the action. As in previous seasons, Carabao Cup home games are not included in your season ticket. They will not be available via the Cup Scheme, and you will be able to purchase these fixtures on a per match basis.

As a season ticket holder you will have the option to sign up for the Cup Scheme during an opt in window before the first home cup game of the 2023/24 season. Further details and dates will be communicated in due course. However, if you miss the initial Cup Scheme sign-up, you will still be able to purchase your seat in an exclusive window on a per match basis.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:14 pm

Why would I play roulette luck with someone that subscribed and paid for a membership in 2023 and I have followed this club through thick and thin.

Maybe because I’m salty but I preferred the old system as being a Silver member meant something.
Yes, I got my membership back in 1992/1993 when the North Bank was being rebuilt. Prior to that I had a standing season ticket for a few seasons. The ballot made me join the season ticket waiting list, but at 92,000 in the list, I probably have 10 years to wait. To me, it seems like a sledgehammer approach to a problem that only occurred in the second half of last season. Up until the West Ham home game in December, there was never an issue getting tickets when they went on sale or via Ticket Exchange. Obviously there was going to be greater demand but I don’t understand why previous attendance wasn’t used restrict the applications for the last 5 or 6 home games rather than letting every silver member apply. Also silver membership seems to have expanded as in past years, there were always tickets available hours after big games went on sale rather than the 10 minutes it now takes to sell out games.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

So I paid £54 for a 1 in 3 chance of getting a ticket when it used to be 100%….

https://www.arsenal.com/how-buy-tickets-overview

23/24 Ballot Success Rates

The percentage chance of success for each ballot across the games that have been balloted so far this season:

Silver
Nottingham Forest 28%
Fulham 37%

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Short of capping the number of silver members, the club cannot prevent those used to getting tickets most of the time being disappointed much more often if there are now more people competing for the same tickets.

If they are going down the ballot route for each game, what they should do, I suggest, is to recognise that people are getting different value from their silver membership based on how many times they are lucky in the ballot. They could then reflect this at renewal time. For example, if you got more than 60 % of the tickets you applied for you pay £70 to renew, if you got between 30 and 60% you pay £50, and if you got fewer than 30% - provided you applied for at least 10 matches - then you only have to pay £25 to renew.

Not perfect by any means (you'd need a very convaluted system to weight successful Category A applications etc) , but certainly fairer to those who have been unlucky in the ballot.

nut flush gooner

Silver was a complete waste of money for me last season, only managed one ticket Wolves which given the way the season panned out could have been an epic game.

All of this is linked to the club trying to clamp down on touting, which in 2023 despite the digitilisation of the ticketing process is still a big issue. I would like Arsenal to go into the reselling sites, and start purchasing tickets on a match by match basis. Then identifying where the tickets are coming from, and banning any members that are putting tickets up for sale on these sites.