Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Getting tickets

Post by arrgee »

RJG23 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:25 pm
Looks like ballots are here to stay but you could get priority access to TX if you applied and are unsuccessful. Not sure that helps when 100k people are still trying
You get same access to TX regardless of whether you applied for the ballot or not. Anyway, I just received notice of my third failed application this season.

Thank you for registering in the recent ballot for
Arsenal v Burnley

Unfortunately, on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.

We encourage you to apply for tickets for future matches, with each ballot presenting a chance to secure tickets.

Thank you,

Arsenal Football Club

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

percentage chance of success for each ballot across the games that have been balloted so far this season
…………………………………Family Enclosure. Silver ……..Red ……… TX
Nottingham Forest……33%……………………..28% …….12%……. 3920
Fulham……………………. 62% …………………… 37% ……. 12% ……. 6332
Manchester United……64% …………………… 35% ……. 11% ……. 2967
PSV Eindhoven………….66% …………………… 40% ……. 11% ……. 5390
Tottenham Hotspur……51% …………………… 22% ……. 7%. ……. 1868
Manchester City ……….56% …………………… 30% ……. 10%
Sheffield United ………. 53% …………………… 29% ……. 11%
Sevilla ……………………….63% …………………… 34% ……. 12%
Burnley ……………………..56% …………………… 34%

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:31 pm
RJG23 wrote:
Looks like ballots are here to stay but you could get priority access to TX if you applied and are unsuccessful. Not sure that helps when 100k people are still trying
You get same access to TX regardless of whether you applied for the ballot or not. Anyway, I just received notice of my third failed application this season.

Arsenal v Burnley

We encourage you to apply for tickets for future matches, with each ballot presenting a chance to secure tickets.

Thank you,

Arsenal Football Club

Currently, but they're looking at changing it so if you applied and were unsuccessful you get priority on TX. Another attempt to stop touts

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

RJG23 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:57 pm
arrgee wrote:
RJG23 wrote:

Arsenal v Burnley

Thank you,

Arsenal Football Club

Currently, but they're looking at changing it so if you applied and were unsuccessful you get priority on TX. Another attempt to stop touts
This is a good idea - would be consistent with other sporting events too like Wimbledon tennis and test matches.

I would also shorten the initial window as well to apply for the ballot.

Certainly at the moment the system is rigged in favour of touts with powerful computers

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

This new system where the TX toggle only shows when tickets are live is even worse than before. By the time you get on and see the toggle the tickets are gone.

Just give me the toggle and let me refresh all day 😅

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:24 pm
RJG23 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:57 pm
arrgee wrote:
RJG23 wrote:

Arsenal v Burnley

Thank you,

Arsenal Football Club

This is a good idea - would be consistent with other sporting events too like Wimbledon tennis and test matches.

I would also shorten the initial window as well to apply for the ballot.

Certainly at the moment the system is rigged in favour of touts with powerful computers
For many gigs these days that are sold on Dice, there is a waiting list, so as and when tickets are returned you are offered a small window to purchase the ticket when you get to the top. So rather than having to check TX every ten seconds (with it telling you there are no tickets), you get a ticket assigned that you can purchase. Obviously, this is easier for general admission, but with 1000s of tickets sold via TX, they could release batches of tickets and allow so many on the waiting list to get what’s available between 9am and 9pm.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Have not been able to get to as many games this season. To be honest it’s a struggle to pass them on to friends and family so I’ve been selling them on TX.

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

Is it possible to transfer to someone that's not currently on your network? I'd bet quite a few on here (myself included) would happily take any spares instead of wasting hours on the exchange

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

RJG23 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:17 pm
Is it possible to transfer to someone that's not currently on your network? I'd bet quite a few on here (myself included) would happily take any spares instead of wasting hours on the exchange
You have to add them to your network to transfer. But they don’t have to be members. They just have to have an account.
However, if anyone would like to transfer tickets they can’t use, send me a PM and I will let you know my membership number :-)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not even bothering this season. A ballot for home games FFS - all because you've over subscribed the silver membership which worked perfectly well for 20 plus years

Once we start going backwards the JCLs will drop away and find something else to do as tourists and normality will resume

Until then there's enough ST holders I know who will have commitments half a dozen times a year or have enough away credits to get to the odd FA Cup match or European trip

Fucking farcical situation. My lad has applied for every home game and got nothing.

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

I think ST holders who have enough away credits are going to start finding it a bit more difficult to help others out for European trips!!!!!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Oh well , I have two going on exchange tomorrow for the city game because Covid has hit our household . Such is life. No doubt ticketmaster will rape us for their 10 % commission on the exchange .

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:24 pm
Oh well , I have two going on exchange tomorrow for the city game because Covid has hit our household . Such is life. No doubt ticketmaster will rape us for their 10 % commission on the exchange .
I'd take them off your hands if possible mate. Sent you a PM 👍🏻

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Sorry mate but my son has already put them on exchange . Shame .

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

I was talking to a tout the other day who said nothing has changed as far as they are concerned, whereas they used to sell hard copy tickets to anyone who wanted them now they send you the email confirmation which has the barcode on the bottom of it and which can gain you entry so what was the fuckin point of all of this??
This has worked for me also, you can send the emails to anyone but after they have been forwarded twice you cant add them to your apple wallet so you have to use the barcode at the bottom.