Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Getting tickets

Post by nut flush gooner »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:06 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:56 am
There were hundreds of empty seats in the Clock End upper tier, absolute fucking disgrace.

https://twitter.com/highburyhigh/status ... 66/photo/1
As I wrote earlier "Last time I went I was in block 24 and there were 4 people stood in the space of 2 seats besides me." People buy seats in one area and then stand downstairs with their friends. This happened at lot at concert venues like Brixton where the half the seats in the circle would be unused, but downstairs it would be rammed. Wasn't surprised it got closed down.
I don't buy that, how can so many people in one block of the stadium decide to go and sit in the lower tier and it not happen anywhere else in the ground?

It was 100% black market tickets that were unsold. The touts are really ramping up the prices in the run in.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

:barscarf: Arsenal might have to bring back in person ticket sales at the box office with photo ID required. That would sort out the bots & the touts at least to an extent. :cussing:

Random demands of photo ID scans , proof of address & all the other hoops you have to go through recently when applying for job vacancies would also enable more genuine supporters to get tickets online ! :rubchin: 8) :box:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Arsenal said the big section not being used was down to a travel club being delayed and not making the game.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

slevinlacey wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:55 pm
Arsenal said the big section not being used was down to a travel club being delayed and not making the game.
Delayed by what? :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

slevinlacey wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:55 pm
Interesting. I wonder how many tickets go to overseas supporters clubs.

nut flush gooner

I just had a massive stroke of luck for the Wolves game. I have a silver membership.

Managed to go in and get a ticket today, just shows that people who can't make the game are putting tickets into the system. And if you are quick enough you can get them.

Ironically, this is the first ticket I have secured through my Silver Membership this season. Thought it would be a waste of money. Hit the jackpot here!

For those with Silver Memberships, keep trying!

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:02 pm
I just had a massive stroke of luck for the Wolves game. I have a silver membership.

Managed to go in and get a ticket today, just shows that people who can't make the game are putting tickets into the system. And if you are quick enough you can get them.

Ironically, this is the first ticket I have secured through my Silver Membership this season. Thought it would be a waste of money. Hit the jackpot here!

Happy days indeed mate :barscarf: :barscarf:

Let’s hope the party is in full swing that day :cheers: :cheers: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Well done nutflush!

Not bothered if I don’t get in the ground that day to be honest - if we were to win the league then the atmosphere in the whole area that day will be unbelievable!

nut flush gooner

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:12 pm
Well done nutflush!

Not bothered if I don’t get in the ground that day to be honest - if we were to win the league then the atmosphere in the whole area that day will be unbelievable!
Thanks Rob and Stuart. Theres over ten of us that have tickets now.

We got a table booked at the Highbury Barn, which is a bit upmarket these days but good for lunch and lining needed to handle all that booze!

Then after Finsbury Park, dare I say it for a memorable night.

But yeah I agree, it's defo a day to come up for the atmosphere around the ground if you dont have a ticket.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:

That's brilliant mate. Delighted for you. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Nice one nutty! :high5:....

If there's the remotest chance we might win the title I'll be going up to Laaandaaahn that day coz the partey(ing) is gonna be Fuckiing Epic!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Let’s hope it goes to the last day. A tightrope to walk until we get to that point. Plenty of twists and turns.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Spammers selling tickets for £149 each for a pair on their club website, says WHU fans only, :rubchin: I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get tickets down the ground, has anyone got lucky picking up tickets at away games recently?

I remember getting tickets at OT when we won the league, in the side stand near the dugout at face value outside. There was hundreds of Gooners down the bar at half time, once we realised how many there was of us in there, we were blatantly cheering on the team. When we scored the locals all went home. I remember the players coming past afterwards & wondering how that lot had got into their section! :barscarf:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Good luck red members attempting to get Wolves tickets today. May the ticketing gods be with you!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

slevinlacey wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:35 am
Good luck red members attempting to get Wolves tickets today. May the ticketing gods be with you!
Yeah! Didn't Even Get Close. "The RED allocation of tickets for Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers is now SOLD OUT."

:wailer: