Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Snapper

Re: Getting tickets

Post by Red Snapper »

RJG23 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:19 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:24 pm
Oh well , I have two going on exchange tomorrow for the city game because Covid has hit our household . Such is life. No doubt ticketmaster will rape us for their 10 % commission on the exchange .
I'd take them off your hands if possible mate. Sent you a PM 👍🏻
I'd have had them but we were in Spain. Hope you're all better.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

So far I've only been successful in one ballot out of six. Anyone doing better?

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

West Ham away in the cup going to 2+ credits is a weird move. Impossible to build any credits at the moment

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Red Snapper wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:56 am
0 out of 4 for me

ultimately the new ballot system has just made things easier for the touts - terrible decision from the club and will have long term consequences.
apart from the season ticket holders everyone else will just become "tourists" and be lucky to get to 1 or 2 games a season

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

After years of being told to give up our season tickets it’s quite handy we kept hold of them.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Red Snapper wrote:
0 out of 3 for me. Was silver for Fulham which was 37% and then downgraded to red for Sheffield United and Burnley which were 11% and 12%. So a theoretical 60% chance so far, however it feels like betting on old nags in the hope one will come in at 10/1. It’s not even as if failing previously helps in the future.
I will try for Wolves and Brighton, but seems pretty futile. Will try TX.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:21 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
0 out of 3 for me. Was silver for Fulham which was 37% and then downgraded to red for Sheffield United and Burnley which were 11% and 12%. So a theoretical 60% chance so far, however it feels like betting on old nags in the hope one will come in at 10/1. It’s not even as if failing previously helps in the future.
that's not a bad point - maybe should be a way of banning red members for applying for tickets if for example they have been lucky 3 times in the ballot ?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

arrgee wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
You can’t just add the percentages up, you have to divide by 3 so, you have had a 20% chance of getting a ticket .

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:41 pm
arrgee wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
You can’t just add the percentages up, you have to divide by 3 so, you have had a 20% chance of getting a ticket .
If the odds are truly 10/1 then you should get an average of 1 ticket for each ten applications. So if you have a Dungeons and dragons 10 sided die, you select a number from 1 to 10, and see how many times it comes up. There will be a distribution from 10 times (highly unlikely) to zero times (quite likely).

So a red member has a 50% chance of getting a ticket in 7 applications. 1- (.9*.9*.9*.9*.9*.9*.9)= 0.52. And a 50% chance of not getting one.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

arrgee wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
As I mentioned before you are better off getting into a whatsapp group with Gold Members, then ticket transfer comes into play.

There's chap whose a mate of a mate who is a red member, couldn't get a ticket last season. Joined our group and already been to three games and will defo get a chance to go to more games. Realistically this is the only way of getting access to more tickets. I am surprised admin doesn't set up some sort of group for this. The forum thread is a bit clanky for ticket sales tbh.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

yet again unsuccessful in the ballot for the Lens Champion League match.
hundreds of tickets available though on websites run by touts. ridiculous system.

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:17 am
arrgee wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
As I mentioned before you are better off getting into a whatsapp group with Gold Members, then ticket transfer comes into play.

There's chap whose a mate of a mate who is a red member, couldn't get a ticket last season. Joined our group and already been to three games and will defo get a chance to go to more games. Realistically this is the only way of getting access to more tickets. I am surprised admin doesn't set up some sort of group for this. The forum thread is a bit clanky for ticket sales tbh.
This sounds like a good idea. Don't see many red members getting lucky in the ballot more than once, and the exchange is terrible

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

I've still only been successful once from seven attempts in the ballot and on three of those occasions they haven't even emailed to let me know one way or the other. Losing all confidence in this system which I was optimistic about to begin with.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Red Snapper wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:36 pm
I've still only been successful once from seven attempts in the ballot and on three of those occasions they haven't even emailed to let me know one way or the other. Losing all confidence in this system which I was optimistic about to begin with.
i havent had any success in the ballot but have managed to get a ticket for tonight just now through the exchange.
did this for the 1st Champions League match too.

I am pretty sure its because the touts/bots will have enough tickets by now for the match.

having problems getting the ticket on my digital wallet though so could be fun and games at the stadium later :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

actually all sorted now - system is still appalling though and I am surprised i got a ticket this time