Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:09 pm
beck wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:47 pm
beck wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:44 pm
8 mins we held that lead for ffs. :roll:
Yes
Like the 9 mins we held the lead home to 10 man Bolton in 01/02
Are you taking the piss mate? That's borderline WUMing..... :lol: :wink:
No
It’s all this old bollocks about the title being over
Shouldn’t have took the coach out the garage to go to anfield in 89 after home defeats to derby and draw with Wimbledon
It’s borderline nothing
It’s full on getting behind a team who are going to need everyone pulling together in the run in
All these posters on here will be 200% behind the team on wednesday you can count on that...

:high5:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:04 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:47 pm
beck wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:44 pm
8 mins we held that lead for ffs. :roll:
Yes
Like the 9 mins we held the lead home to 10 man Bolton in 01/02
Are you taking the piss mate? That's borderline WUMing..... :lol: :wink:
No
It’s all this old bollocks about the title being over
Shouldn’t have took the coach out the garage to go to anfield in 89 after home defeats to derby and draw with Wimbledon
It’s borderline nothing
It’s full on getting behind a team who are going to need everyone pulling together in the run in
Get a grip. Where did I say the title race is over? Don't misconstrue criticism with not supporting the team.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:54 pm
DB getting absolutely schooled here and I for one am all for it.

Haven't seen a beating like that since Calum Chambers/Jefferson Montero back in 2014.

DB's been Chambers'd :shock:

:wink:
:lol:

I think someone needs to sit you down and explain the word "schooled". :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:51 pm
We have no ability to change up our game. No plan B. But the Arteta cultists will tell you he is the greatest young manager in the world and we are top because we the best team in the world, and it has absolutely nothing to do with all the other top 6 teams being shit and going through transitional phases.... :roll:

This is the kind of game where Arteta has to show he is more than a Spanish Wenger.

COME ON FFS!! :banghead:
4 and a half billion pound transitional teams
Does not mean jack shit what they have spent. These supposed top 6 teams have not performed as well as they were expected to. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:

Haven't seen a beating like that since Calum Chambers/Jefferson Montero back in 2014.

Are you forgetting Koscielney’s debut against Jason Roberts ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:19 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Are you forgetting Koscielney’s debut against Jason Roberts ?
OUCH!!!!

:popcorn:

beck

Post by beck »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:49 pm
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
We have no ability to change up our game. No plan B. But the Arteta cultists will tell you he is the greatest young manager in the world and we are top because we the best team in the world, and it has absolutely nothing to do with all the other top 6 teams being shit and going through transitional phases.... :roll:

This is the kind of game where Arteta has to show he is more than a Spanish Wenger.

Does not mean jack shit what they have spent. These supposed top 6 teams have not performed as well as they were expected to. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
And we should be wringing our hands about that as Arsenal fans
Couldn’t give a fuck about that and to see us classed like a plucky Leicester or the little club that could is an insult to this great club
We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

beck wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Couldn’t give a fuck about that and to see us classed like a plucky Leicester or the little club that could is an insult to this great club
We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

I get the fact that you think it's very premature to write us off after a couple of poor performances and that's a valid point and fair enough. That said, the negative knee jerking is a result of about 15 years of false dawns and torpedoed hope. I'm one of the worst, but fuck me it's not unjustified.

However, where you are wrong is distorting and revising what people have said. I don't think DB10 needs my help, but your comment about Trossard having scored 3 goals against Brentford was in no way a valid repudiation of his statement that Arteta has no one to change the game. As he said, we didn't get the win did we. Blind uncritical support is (or should be), the preserve of schoolboys.

Similarly your comment above. Regardless of spend, it's undeniable that Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd have been well off the pace and are in transition. That's why they're spending. As a matter of interest, take a look at our spend over the last 5 or 6 years. You might be surprised.

beck

Post by beck »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:23 pm
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

I get the fact that you think it's very premature to write us off after a couple of poor performances and that's a valid point and fair enough. That said, the negative knee jerking is a result of about 15 years of false dawns and torpedoed hope. I'm one of the worst, but fuck me it's not unjustified.

However, where you are wrong is distorting and revising what people have said. I don't think DB10 needs my help, but your comment about Trossard having scored 3 goals against Brentford was in no way a valid repudiation of his statement that Arteta has no one to change the game. As he said, we didn't get the win did we. Blind uncritical support is (or should be), the preserve of schoolboys.

Similarly your comment above. Regardless of spend, it's undeniable that Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd have been well off the pace and are in transition. That's why they're spending. As a matter of interest, take a look at our spend over the last 5 or 6 years. You might be surprised.
He made that comment 39 mins into the game
Trossard came on and scored
Does that not change the game
I also don’t give a monkeys how much rich Arsenal spend
It’s not my dads shop
I’m not a junior accountant either

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

beck wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:

We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

It’s not my dads shop

:lol: You don’t give a monkeys how much arsenal spend, but are happy to point out what other clubs are spending. Are you a junior accountant or not? Is Chelsea your dad’s shop?

I’ll have a word with DB and tell him to be a bit more specific. Maybe he should have said no one to win us the game, rather than no one to change the game. Then again, perhaps he expects most people on here to get the drift and not take everything to literal extremes.

Anyway, I’ll have my big Arsenal rosette and my red and white rattle all ready for Wednesday night, just to prove how hardcore I am. Look out for me on TV.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:11 am
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

It’s not my dads shop

:lol: You don’t give a monkeys how much arsenal spend, but are happy to point out what other clubs are spending. Are you a junior accountant or not? Is Chelsea your dad’s shop?

I’ll have a word with DB and tell him to be a bit more specific. Maybe he should have said no one to win us the game, rather than no one to change the game. Then again, perhaps he expects most people on here to get the drift and not take everything to literal extremes.

Anyway, I’ll have my big Arsenal rosette and my red and white rattle all ready for Wednesday night, just to prove how hardcore I am. Look out for me on TV.
Hey rodders son. Have a look at the above. THAT'S a schooling. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
beck wrote:

We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

It’s not my dads shop
Hey stat boy. If you are gonna try and take someone to task by literally just quoting numbers, then at least get the numbers right. I did not post my "no game changer, no plan B" comment 39 minutes into the game. I posted it after Toney had equalised.... in the 74th minute. Well AFTER Trossard came on and scored and after a period of poor and ineffective play that led up to their equaliser. :roll:

beck

Post by beck »

Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

It’s not my dads shop

The guy was defending very rich clubs in transition was the point

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Leave it DB. The boy is beck in town. The only schooling he is giving is to himself. I’d say he’s a sixth former, tops.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:49 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
beck wrote:

We will evolve too
We are the a Arsenal

It’s not my dads shop

The guy was defending very rich clubs in transition was the point
Horseshit mate. I was not "defending" anything. I was stating the fact that most of those supposed "top 6" teams are in transition and are not performing to the levels expected of them this season. The juxtaposition being that they will eventually get the right managers or players or both and will improve either this season or next.

That's what is meant by "transition" in football, going from a position of success or dominance to one of less success etc and then returning to the top again.

Being rich does not automatically equate to being good or effective or successful.