Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Brentford bulbeyes H Sat 11th Feb KO 3pm

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:46 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:18 pm
I was 100% against var before it came in, and I am even more against it now - the problem is that var suggests a level of perfection/competency that it will NEVER deliver and that it partially because you still have incompetent people running the system. If it were up to me I would scrap var in the morning and when mistakes/fcuk ups like yesterday happen we can all pass them off as human error and move on, but to bring in a system that delays the games and still cant get it right ?? Fcuk that

Btw we arent the only club getting screwed over by var (wolves against victims in cup was a bigger disgrace imo), and this conspiracy theory against us is imo a tad embarrassing :oops:
Without VAR, I reckon the linesman would have flagged. Human error is making a mistake with an offside in real time or not being in the right position to give a penalty or see if the ball has crossed the line. Human error is not an explanation for not seeing an offside on a TV screen which you can zoom into, replay the action as many times as you need,draw automatic lines to check for offside, all whilst being sat in a room miles away from the ground and under absolutely no supporter pressure at all. That isn't human error, that's professional negligence, incompetence or corruption. There has to be a consequence. He has to be sacked.

Over here this season there has been a strong pro referee's agenda to the point where football has, in my opinion at least, bent over and allowed the referee's far too much power and they running with this "no refs no games" mantra - that indeed is true, but does that mean that football clubs, their players and supporters should tolerate any kind of shite performance from referee's in case they throw dummy out of pram and go on strike ? Fcuk those c.unts. Local sunday league football is cash in hand for these c.unts and I'm sorry but in any job where you are being paid, the people paying your wages have a right to a certain level of performance. In the comment above yours Bobby refers to the age profile of referee's but imo that is irrelevent - the problem with a lot at referee's at all levels is their attitude and the way the power and authority has gone to their heads. Collina was a top class referee right up to the day he retired, but too many referee's think that it is ok for them to speak to players how they wish and then be all sensitive if they get any verbals back from players :roll: Like a lot of union jobs, the refs have the power and the football authorities are afraid to take them on and properly punish shite performances

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:02 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:46 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:18 pm
I was 100% against var before it came in, and I am even more against it now - the problem is that var suggests a level of perfection/competency that it will NEVER deliver and that it partially because you still have incompetent people running the system. If it were up to me I would scrap var in the morning and when mistakes/fcuk ups like yesterday happen we can all pass them off as human error and move on, but to bring in a system that delays the games and still cant get it right ?? Fcuk that

Btw we arent the only club getting screwed over by var (wolves against victims in cup was a bigger disgrace imo), and this conspiracy theory against us is imo a tad embarrassing :oops:
Without VAR, I reckon the linesman would have flagged. Human error is making a mistake with an offside in real time or not being in the right position to give a penalty or see if the ball has crossed the line. Human error is not an explanation for not seeing an offside on a TV screen which you can zoom into, replay the action as many times as you need,draw automatic lines to check for offside, all whilst being sat in a room miles away from the ground and under absolutely no supporter pressure at all. That isn't human error, that's professional negligence, incompetence or corruption. There has to be a consequence. He has to be sacked.

Over here this season there has been a strong pro referee's agenda to the point where football has, in my opinion at least, bent over and allowed the referee's far too much power and they running with this "no refs no games" mantra - that indeed is true, but does that mean that football clubs, their players and supporters should tolerate any kind of shite performance from referee's in case they throw dummy out of pram and go on strike ? Fcuk those c.unts. Local sunday league football is cash in hand for these c.unts and I'm sorry but in any job where you are being paid, the people paying your wages have a right to a certain level of performance. In the comment above yours Bobby refers to the age profile of referee's but imo that is irrelevent - the problem with a lot at referee's at all levels is their attitude and the way the power and authority has gone to their heads. Collina was a top class referee right up to the day he retired, but too many referee's think that it is ok for them to speak to players how they wish and then be all sensitive if they get any verbals back from players :roll: Like a lot of union jobs, the refs have the power and the football authorities are afraid to take them on and properly punish shite performances
Absolutely Augie. Absolutely. They want to be respected, they whine about abuse but stood there for years and let scum like Rooney and Terry and Gerrard and Lampard and Suarez and Maureen and Ferguscum and Shearer and Klopp and Guardiola and whoever it is on any given week whenever, shout in their faces, call them cûnts, tell them to fuck off and they do nothing. Fucking nothing. Bunch of fucking cowards. They make horrendous fucking incompetent mistakes and have no fucking accountability at all. None, fucking none. Never asked to explain decisions, no fucking consequences. It's the only profession where there is absolutely zero accountability. Bunch of fucking egotistical, arrogant, smug cheats, all of them. Sack this Mason cûnt and send him back to Sunday League. Then he'll know what fucking pressure is.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:00 pm
I suggest everybody just move on. Not because it's the right thing to do but because nothing will be done about it. There is a standard British response to these things, be it social workers, police or school board scandals......"Root & branch investigation, lessons have been learned, structures put in place so that this never happens again"

Until the next time............
We received an official apology for VAR (Mason) disqualifying Martinelli’s goal at Old Trafford- they said sorry

This time they will say they are very sorry

Next time they will be very, very, sorry and on and on and on as there is no consequence to the fuck ups on the people that make them, just on those they effect.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The Springbok Director of Rugby released a video of referee's howler after howler after howler, asking the IRB to explain it. The result....HE was banned for 18 months. The message was that they are not required to explain anything.

It is not just football, it is every single sport, you are not allowed to question the "authorities" It is absolutely absurd. It must be the only job in the world, which is not performance based, where you are not accountable. And where your performance can affect somebody else's career. It is like they have employed people, and you, little you, who fronts up the money that makes the whole thing possible, are not allowed question them. It is elitism at it's worst.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

With all the controversy over the offside yesterday, no one is talking about the ridiculous way time keeping is being dealt with. Brentford players dropping like flies and they only add 5 minutes on and then they continue to timewaste within injury time knowing that even if the ref plays a bit longer, it's still likely he won't make up for the time lost. The only way to solve it is to add 10 minutes on at the end but zero chance of that happening.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:50 pm
With all the controversy over the offside yesterday, no one is talking about the ridiculous way time keeping is being dealt with. Brentford players dropping like flies and they only add 5 minutes on and then they continue to timewaste within injury time knowing that even if the ref plays a bit longer, it's still likely he won't make up for the time lost. The only way to solve it is to add 10 minutes on at the end but zero chance of that happening.
I wrote a long post about it mate. But yes nothing in the media.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:04 pm
BFG4 wrote:
They should use the same system they do in American (yeeeaahh! I Knowwwww :roll: - But) Basket Ball etc... and Have a Giant Fucking Digital Clock on display, as soon a the ball goes out of play or it it is in the goalie hands etc - It fuckin' STOPS... That'd sort it!

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:27 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:04 pm
BFG4 wrote:
They should use the same system they do in American (yeeeaahh! I Knowwwww :roll: - But) Basket Ball etc... and Have a Giant Fucking Digital Clock on display, as soon a the ball goes out of play or it it is in the goalie hands etc - It fuckin' STOPS... That'd sort it!
You could reduce the game to 2x40 mins halves but 40 mins of actual game play.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I read somewhere tht in the MLS if a player is injured and he's on the ground more than 30 seconds for treatment he has to go off for a minimum of 3 mins b4 he can be allowed back on the pitch.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:17 pm
I read somewhere tht in the MLS if a player is injured and he's on the ground more than 30 seconds for treatment he has to go off for a minimum of 3 mins b4 he can be allowed back on the pitch.
Easy enough to implement isn’t it, head injury ?

Off you go for 5 mins for treatment and assessment to see if you are fit to continue.

Might need some different rules for a keeper, where they can be subbed temporarily? But resubbed if okay to continue

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Howard Webb aghast? I can't explain how much that doesn't really matter to us right now. SACK THAT FAT CÛNT MASON.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

If either side has more than one incident of a player/players necessitating stoppage of play after the 80 minute mark then the other team’s manager should be given the right to call for a staple 5 minutes additional time to be played, IN ADDITION to the actual extra injury time added for the various stoppages/time wasting. Fouls which warrant a yellow/red card would be exempt from the rule. Essentially a time wasting/crocked player penalty. That would soon cut it out. Simpler solution - just stop the fucking clock the second the ball goes out of play to the second it goes back into play for most stoppages, like they did at the World Cup. The current situation is absurd.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I’m so used to us getting screwed by officials over the past 10-15 years, I can’t even get that angry about it anymore. It pisses me off, but the novelty of a crushing sense of injustice isn’t their anymore. To finish above Man Utd/Liverpool we need to compensate for circa + 5 corruption / us getting screwed points on an annual basis.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So this Brooks referee who fucked over Brighton at the weekend is due to be on VAR for us v City this week! After a slap on the wrist he's going to be all over every decision, it's going to be carnage. :banghead: