Under 18’s

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Under 18’s

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Jacky Wilshere’s under 18’s came from 2-0 down at ht to beat Watford 4-2 in the youth FA cup

Game was streamed on arsenal.com, I only saw the 2nd half and. Once we scored (pen) it was one way traffic pretty much.

Decent game, some good players in that youth set up, although a few like to carry the ball too far when they should release it.

I remember a few years back we got a crowd of about 40,000 for the youth cup semi ? Or final over 2 legs when the team had Wilshere, Jet, Coq au vin, Frimpong etc playing.

Not sure we have won it since …..maybe this team could do it ?

Almunia is a clown

Re: Under 18’s

Post by Almunia is a clown »

6th round Arsenal v Cambridge United or Sheffield Wednesday, who play Wednesday.

Probably at Borehamwood Stadium.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:45 pm
Jacky Wilshere’s under 18’s came from 2-0 down at ht to beat Watford 4-2 in the youth FA cup

Game was streamed on arsenal.com, I only saw the 2nd half and. Once we scored (pen) it was one way traffic pretty much.

Decent game, some good players in that youth set up, although a few like to carry the ball too far when they should release it.

I remember a few years back we got a crowd of about 40,000 for the youth cup semi ? Or final over 2 legs when the team had Wilshere, Jet, Coq au vin, Frimpong etc playing.

Always good to hear that we have a few decent players in the younger sides. We got 40 odd thousand for the final against the dippers in 2009, I think it was. Thrashed them over two legs and also I think we took a few thousand to the scum when we beat them in the last minute. In 2007, I think it was, we got 40,000 for the first leg of the final against manure and 19,000 in an earlier round against Cardiff when Jay Simpson scored a hat-trick. They were all record crowds for youth cup games but of course none of it was really mentioned by the press because they probably needed to print something about Newcastle supporters being passionate and taking their tops off.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:10 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Always good to hear that we have a few decent players in the younger sides. We got 40 odd thousand for the final against the dippers in 2009, I think it was. Thrashed them over two legs and also I think we took a few thousand to the scum when we beat them in the last minute. In 2007, I think it was, we got 40,000 for the first leg of the final against manure and 19,000 in an earlier round against Cardiff when Jay Simpson scored a hat-trick. They were all record crowds for youth cup games but of course none of it was really mentioned by the press because they probably needed to print something about Newcastle supporters being passionate and taking their tops off.

And Being FATCUNTS.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Stuart L (2) wrote:

Always good to hear that we have a few decent players in the younger sides.
Cosier-Duberry looks like a mini Saka, at 17, he has been introduced into the squad for a few premier league games but not yet got on the pitch.

beck

Post by beck »

Stuart L (2) wrote:

We had more for a youth game than spurs had for a europa cup game v Sparta Prague the following night

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:33 pm
6th round Arsenal v Cambridge United or Sheffield Wednesday, who play Wednesday.

Probably at Borehamwood Stadium.
Cambridge our opponents- at the Emirates Thursday 23rd February 7pm kick off

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Beat Chelsea away 1-4

https://www.arsenal.com/video/academy?e ... 0_ggzemxdf

Highlights from Arsenal.com

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:33 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:

Always good to hear that we have a few decent players in the younger sides.
Cosier-Duberry looks like a mini Saka, at 17, he has been introduced into the squad for a few premier league games but not yet got on the pitch.
Nice write up about Cosier - Duberry :barscarf:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/amario ... 7aecd21b6f

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1-1 HT

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Live on the FA Player

https://faplayer.thefa.com/video/bGl2ZS ... FsbA%3D%3D

Free sign up.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

3-2 to us in injury time

FT :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:59 pm
3-2 to us in injury time

Did you watch any of it ?

Good gane ? Deserved win ?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:05 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:59 pm
3-2 to us in injury time

Did you watch any of it ?

Good gane ? Deserved win ?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Very good game, particularly the second half. Cambridge really unlucky tbf.

They brought 2500 fans! Good atmosphere.