Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by cameron326 »

Haaland is such a fucker to play a high line against though. He doesn’t need to use any physicality, he just “is” a big powerful fucker with excellent acceleration. So your bog standard 6ft 2” centre back HAS to go in hard on him to make any impact whatsoever, and then he’ll go down as all forwards do.

SteveO 35

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by SteveO 35 »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:37 pm
Haaland is such a fucker to play a high line against though. He doesn’t need to use any physicality, he just “is” a big powerful fucker with excellent acceleration. So your bog standard 6ft 2” centre back HAS to go in hard on him to make any impact whatsoever, and then he’ll go down as all forwards do.
It's not just Haaland though. The 2nd goal that City scored had nothing to do with Haaland either, just a gormless brain dead attempted pass. Towards the end of last season he was utter crap too. Doesn't have the guts or the heart for me

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

This team was on it’s limit to get to 50 points. No injuries. No major hiccups. Playing top sides when they were slightly off (Chelsea and Liverpool). We also hadn’t faced City. First sign of adversity and we have reverted to type. Three poor results in a row. It will get worse. Trust me. If we were home on Saturday to Forest or Bournemouth we could get back on track. But we have Villa away likely with no Partey and no alternative to Nketiah. We also face Leicester who are on the up. Liverpool away will be another loss. City away. Another loss. Chelsea at home will be a test. Newcastle away another potential loss.

Don’t be kidded by the points we have on the board. This side can very quickly drift down to a fight for fourth.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:28 pm
Odegaard laughing away with Halland as the 2nd half was about to begin was such a pathetic thing to seee from our supposed captain. Don't give a shit if they're best mates, save it until the end of the game.
To be honest it's not just him though is it? Seems like a modern day thing with international team mates all hugging in the tunnel, walking off with their arms round each other etc. Personally I hate it but it goes way beyond Odegaard and I see it all the time for other teams too

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:41 pm
This team was on it’s limit to get to 50 points. No injuries. No major hiccups. Playing top sides when they were slightly off (Chelsea and Liverpool). We also hadn’t faced City. First sign of adversity and we have reverted to type. Three poor results in a row. It will get worse. Trust me. If we were home on Saturday to Forest or Bournemouth we could get back on track. But we have Villa away likely with no Partey and no alternative to Nketiah. We also face Leicester who are on the up. Liverpool away will be another loss. City away. Another loss. Chelsea at home will be a test. Newcastle away another potential loss.

Don’t be kidded by the points we have on the board. This side can very quickly drift down to a fight for fourth.
A bit harsh. We also beat Man U when they were in great form. Things can change quickly in football though, that's for sure. If the team did what you suggest is possible then even by our standards that would be the mother of all collapses. Last season the team lost games in clusters where as until this point, we've bounced straight back from a poor result. The reaction at Villa will be fascinating to watch. Belief can come flooding back with a win, but a performance like the Everton one really could trigger a big slide

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The only player right now that you would be confident will play well on Saturday is Saka. I’d possibly add Zinchenko to that list but that’s it everyone else is in a slump.

Whether you can get 9-10 players out of a slump in 2 days is stretch. I fear the worst.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:41 pm

A bit harsh. We also beat Man U when they were in great form. Things can change quickly in football though, that's for sure. If the team did what you suggest is possible then even by our standards that would be the mother of all collapses. Last season the team lost games in clusters where as until this point, we've bounced straight back from a poor result. The reaction at Villa will be fascinating to watch. Belief can come flooding back with a win, but a performance like the Everton one really could trigger a big slide
United had no Casemeiro. Try again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

That was grim. Only calmed down enough now to post. It's the Hope that kills you.

Among many poor performances obviously Lobotomy Clive stood out as the useless sack of moronic talentless cuntcheese that he is. Only surprise is a couple of punters on here saying they thought he had a "bad game". For the love of fuck, he is ALWAYS this bad. Simply the worst player in the PL - and the biggest cùnt too when you consider him telling our supporters to fuck off and then playing the fucking race card against our own fans too. :censored: Fucking vile useless cùnt. Never hated an Arsenal player while they were at the club until this fucking turtles head popped himself out of the arsehole of planet Earth. :censored:

To improve my mood, I'm thinking maybe I should put up a poll on here. Should I now ban ubercunt Lobotomy Clive fanboys like rodders and Wilson2.0? :lol: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I believe Xhaka got jerked (I switched off after their 3rd) If that's true, that should tell you exactly what kind of game he had, he never gets subbed. He is always poor, mediocre at times, the last couple of weeks he's been dreadful.....tonight was the nadir. Gave the ball away countless times, literally running around in circles trying to catch players so he can elbow them in the back, overhit passes, no idea what to do when in space. He is a terrible, terible player. Second name on the team sheet though after Ramsdale, who I'm no fan of either btw. I'm always waiting for that reckless, harebrained moment from him as well....and some of those passes out from the back :shock: :shock:

Draw at Villa, 2 more points spunked away. All the verve and swagger has gone, you can see it. We look panic stricken at the back again, that is never a good sign. Third or fourth, probably third.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:13 am
Well next up it's this shower of fuckers..In our last 3 games we've lost 1-0 twice and drew 1-1.Its looking to me like our title challenge is starting to falter :( I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking good.I think City will stiffen Villa tomorrow and then they'll go top on weds when they do us :( I'll go 3-1 City :(
This was my opening post :cry: Its starting to unravel rapidly now :( Unai will have his lot well up for it Saturday lunchtime.I think it's over lads :cry:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:42 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:28 pm
Odegaard laughing away with Halland as the 2nd half was about to begin was such a pathetic thing to seee from our supposed captain. Don't give a shit if they're best mates, save it until the end of the game.
To be honest it's not just him though is it? Seems like a modern day thing with international team mates all hugging in the tunnel, walking off with their arms round each other etc. Personally I hate it but it goes way beyond Odegaard and I see it all the time for other teams too
Agreed. Never understood this narrative of players have to hate opposition and break their legs, no smiling allowed etc.

At the end of it, it’s a job. They are professionals, they are hugely talented and play the sport they love. Who even came up with this narrative that we have to hate opposition players and people can’t be friends?

To add, 90% of the players in teams around the world have ZERO association to that club. What is - in this case - Haaland and Odegaard supposed to do, punch each other up because they’re both playing a title race decider game?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:22 pm
We badly need an international break to press pause on this and see if we can get some of the crocks back, when’s the next one of those? Those fucking things are always coming around when you don’t want them and no sign when you do.

Has there been any update as to what the fuck is wrong with ESR now? He came on at Oxford and hasn’t been seen since. Is he even training?
We've got to play all of these before the next interlull Rodders :cry:
Villa A
Leicester A
Everton H
Bournemouth H
Europa last 16 1st leg
Fulham A
Europa last 16 2nd leg
Palace H

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Last night was a great example of what happens when a squad is mis-managed. Last summer we all knew Lokonga was awful and should never have been an option for CM but didn't address that area despite our top 4 hopes falling apart because of the absence of Partey. Jesus was a good signing and injury aside, he wasn't ever going to be a prolific striker for us, but more of a quality all rounder. Yet we still just relied on him and Nketiah and it's obvious we simply aren't a threat up front. I feel sorry for Arteta in a way because he is managing the team with one hand tied behind his back. When things were going wrong last night, the only option to change things was Trossard. For all the talk I read online of the 'genius' of Edu, in reality this January he chased Mudryk and Caciedo and signed neither and was only able to sign. Trossard when Brighton wanted rid and Jorginho when I'm sure Chelsea were happy to get him off their books. Our squad is top 4 level at best and major neglect is the reason we won't be sustaining our title challenge much longer.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Those first few glorious seconds when you wake up in the morning before the harsh reality of what happened the night before floods your memories.

Losing is one thing, I could actually rationalise that but it was the total self harm nature of the defeat that makes this one a massively tough pill to swallow.

That was Wenger era levels of self harm and in game implosion gifting them those goals last night. I couldn’t believe what I was watching second half when time and time and time again we pissed away possession right outside our box until we finally (and deservedly) got punished.

Really disappointed with the defence again last night, it was like some kind of shitness disease started by Tomi first half rapidly spread to the rest of them in the second and they imploded to a man.

The defence have crumbled these last few weeks just when we needed them most as the goals up the other end have dried up, looking like they will concede every time the opposition crosses the half way line. I can’t see where the next clean sheet is coming from with the keeper and back 4 looking so dodgy leaving us needing to score a minimum of 2 to win any game - something we just don’t look capable of at the moment.

Gutting.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think Arteta needs to say to the guys, yes I want you to play out from the back but if a pass isn't on, then get it out of play if need be. The last few games we've played, we've played suicide passes on several occasions. We've slipped right back into the Saliba to Gabriel, back to Saliba, out to the RB, back to Saliba, back to Gabriel...... zzzzzzzzzzz ALL the fucking time! If you look at our best performances this season, they were when we stopped that shit.
Ultimately it's Arteta who needs to change the mindset....not sure he's up to it, but being level on points with City at the top with a game in hand after almost two thirds of a season is still miles better than I ever dreamt of.
Here's hoping we can hit form again!!