Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by rodders999 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:04 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:22 pm
We badly need an international break to press pause on this and see if we can get some of the crocks back, when’s the next one of those? Those fucking things are always coming around when you don’t want them and no sign when you do.

Has there been any update as to what the fuck is wrong with ESR now? He came on at Oxford and hasn’t been seen since. Is he even training?
We've got to play all of these before the next interlull Rodders :cry:
Villa A
Leicester A
Everton H
Bournemouth H
Europa last 16 1st leg
Fulham A
Europa last 16 2nd leg
Palace H

:suicide:

Of fucking course.

BobbyPires7

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Let’s be honest. The team has let us down in the last few games. Mentally they have crumbled and failed to do the basics. The frustrating thing is that if they’d sinply managed the games better we would still be clear with a game in hand. That is not a learning curve. They did the same last season when we dropped to 5th. A worrying sign and evidence that the likes of Gabriel and Xhaka are just not good enough. You can add Tomi and Ramsdale to that. Both have shit the bed and cost us.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

What’s worrying is that after Man City switched it around at half time and we were getting absolutely battered but we couldn’t/didn’t change anything. When they scored their second around 70 mins they were so clearly the stronger side and we were getting ripped apart. It could have ended 4 or 5 but they relaxed after the third. It was Wengeresque. Have to laugh at some Man Utd fans who still think they’re outsiders in a title race featuring that lot, from a starting position of 5 points behind no less. Deluded doesn’t cover it.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I give Ramsdale a bit of leeway for that game. Some of his passes were stupid, but it seemed they were all during a period when we couldn’t hold on the ball and were getting battered. Hoofing it to a nonexistent midfield wouldn’t have been much better. Agree about Gabriel unfortunately- decent, but nothing special. As for Tomiyasu - bit of a mystery. He looks so solid at times but other times awful. Think he’s perhaps like Gabriel - very solid in 70-80% of games but falls apart playing against top quality pace and guile.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That looked like the performance of a team who haven't ever been in a big six pointer at the top of the table, that didn't have the experience or guile to get something out of it. At 1-1, it was sloppy and careless with far too many terrible decisions inviting pressure onto us. Two of the three goals came from horrendous mistakes which you just can not make in those type of games. We've got away with it a bit this season in far too many games but against the main title rival, there was no chance at all. It showed the difference in quality but also mentality and decision-making.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:47 am
Last night was a great example of what happens when a squad is mis-managed. Last summer we all knew Lokonga was awful and should never have been an option for CM but didn't address that area despite our top 4 hopes falling apart because of the absence of Partey. Jesus was a good signing and injury aside, he wasn't ever going to be a prolific striker for us, but more of a quality all rounder. Yet we still just relied on him and Nketiah and it's obvious we simply aren't a threat up front. I feel sorry for Arteta in a way because he is managing the team with one hand tied behind his back. When things were going wrong last night, the only option to change things was Trossard. For all the talk I read online of the 'genius' of Edu, in reality this January he chased Mudryk and Caciedo and signed neither and was only able to sign. Trossard when Brighton wanted rid and Jorginho when I'm sure Chelsea were happy to get him off their books. Our squad is top 4 level at best and major neglect is the reason we won't be sustaining our title challenge much longer.

I'm not having that AT ALL - we were flat from minute 1 of the second half and it took until the 76th minute for him to change it and of course by then we were losing and it was too late. The vast majority of players on the bench were his players (not emery's) so why didnt he bring them on sooner ? Again when I was arguing against signing mudryk a while back and how it would impact the likes of martinelli, some arteta disciples told me that I was wrong and that martinelli can play in the middle - I think last night was more proof if more proof was needed, that arteta doesnt see him as a striker, cos despite nketieh missing chances that you cannot afford to waste, pep's cone boy stuck with him rather than play martinelli or trossard in the 9,
Every day xhaka starts is the a day the team starts with one hand tied behind its back - that is on the manager 100% cos he see's no wrong in the c.unt at all. Just watch his lack of effort at tracking back every time he is caught ahead of the game and the opposition are attacking us - it is every bit as bad as when the referee ran past denilson when we played manure in the grove several years back. Watch xhaka in the 50/50 tackles last night as he hung his leg in with no real conviction - this c.unt likes to play the tough guy but when the ball is there to be won in a 50/50 he wants no part of it in case he gets hurt :evil:
I will defend arteta somewhat on dropping white for tommy - it had to be done regardless of how it turned out cos white has been dogshite lately. Tommy did some things well I thought, but on other occasions looked rusty, and aside from the poor backpass for the goal, I thought that his reactions turning and sprinting for the ball when it went behind him were too slow as well. For me he looked rusty and lacking in confidence (lost count of how many times Jorginho had to shout at him to step forward to take a pass in first half), but that is to be expected for a guy that hasnt played much in last few months, and he was unlucky for 2nd goal

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
We badly need an international break to press pause on this and see if we can get some of the crocks back, when’s the next one of those? Those fucking things are always coming around when you don’t want them and no sign when you do.

Has there been any update as to what the fuck is wrong with ESR now? He came on at Oxford and hasn’t been seen since. Is he even training?
Villa A
Leicester A
Everton H
Bournemouth H
Europa last 16 1st leg
Fulham A
Europa last 16 2nd leg
Palace H
having real bad luck in how these fixtures are falling - Villa away so quickly is a nightmare.
Then Leicester who are finally showing some form after being crap all season

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Same as the majority on here, it feels like a real kick in the ball bag, talking of which Clive is THE Biggest Ball Bag ever to play in Arsenal; maybe even the prem.

Anyhoo.... as Rodders pointed out it wasn't that we lost - as all teams lose, but the Manner in which we Lost; we didn't just lose we Threw The Game Away, with schoolboy or even Women's Level Defending.

Everyone makes mistakes, but last night it was as if every single player was making more than one mistake...Something you cannot afford to do against a $hitty who re-discovered their Mojo 2 games ago :roll: :?

But having been the better team in the first half and by some distance, to go and gift a goal...Then to come back to 1 - 1, with a lucky pen (Well Done Saka btw - Now HE has balls of steel), only to come out in the 2nd half and not do something about their high press and changed tactics....Part of that was some players playing shyte, part also because Arteta didn't Change things....

Bringing on Vieira is like waving the white flag, he really is that Weak & Woeful.

I Thought Arsenal's MOTM was between Saka and Jorginho - I think the latter surprised a lot of people and for me was doing what our captain should have been doing; bollocking players and trying to chivvy them on.

If we don't win at villa, then it's most likely 99% all over... $hitty are playing their usual well oiled machine like game again... and then of course manure are having the luck of the bounce ....so we have to ensure we somehow regain the amazing form and momentum we had before that FA Cup game....

It's a fucking sickener that's for sure. :cry:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

People still talking about the title. :lol:

We need to get our act together for 4th.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Let's talk about position... If and When.. We've regained our form.

Thing with falling off a cliff is it can cause a lot of damage and make it difficult to stand up again. :?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:12 am
People still talking about the title. :lol:

We need to get our act together for 4th.
to be fair - it is still in our hands to win the title.
win the game in hand and we are back on top.

4th place we probably only need to win 6 more games - its pretty much nailed on

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:15 am
I think Arteta needs to say to the guys, yes I want you to play out from the back but if a pass isn't on, then get it out of play if need be. The last few games we've played, we've played suicide passes on several occasions. We've slipped right back into the Saliba to Gabriel, back to Saliba, out to the RB, back to Saliba, back to Gabriel...... zzzzzzzzzzz ALL the fucking time! If you look at our best performances this season, they were when we stopped that shit.
Ultimately it's Arteta who needs to change the mindset....not sure he's up to it, but being level on points with City at the top with a game in hand after almost two thirds of a season is still miles better than I ever dreamt of.
Here's hoping we can hit form again!!
i think the past few games have been a bit of a reality check but yes that is the point here - this season has been a massive over achievement already.
the important thing is that we can finish the season strongly (even if that means we don't ultimately lift the title). anything lower than 2nd will be a disappointment at this stage

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:16 am
Let's talk about position... If and When.. We've regained our form.

Thing with falling off a cliff is it can cause a lot of damage and make it difficult to stand up again. :?
the everton game not only a bad loss....in the manner the bottom team beat us it has totally destroyed the teams confidence.....we need to get back on track quickly as we dont look like finishing in front of city or utd

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Side note of lastnights pumping :rubchin: apart from why the fuck the goalie didn't go off when we got the pen :rubchin: but after the let off with their pen.. Gabriel (he was fucking shite lastnight btw) and that big weird ugly looking bastard that plays up front for them seemed to exchange some verbals..not long after it looked like Haaland done him with an elbow..when slowed down it looked like ugly coupon had a fly look and deliberately fucked his elbow in :rubchin: He's a big brute of a bastard and no doubt talented but it would be lovely to see someone go over the top of the ball on the *word censored* :rubchin: and fuck the big *word censored* good n proper.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:24 am
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Villa A
Leicester A
Everton H
Bournemouth H
Europa last 16 1st leg
Fulham A
Europa last 16 2nd leg
Palace H
having real bad luck in how these fixtures are falling - Villa away so quickly is a nightmare.
Then Leicester who are finally showing some form after being crap all season
Totally agree :cry: and when we factor in the European stuff starting,were away at Fulham and home to Palace which would be difficult anyway but will be even more so with the Thu Sun Thu Sun factor :rubchin: I would be astounded if we come out of those with 6pts.