Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 6:46 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:29 pm
We’ll come top 2. Hopefully first.

I do think you’ll be lucky to get in to the ground to see any of our games though.

In our dark days of the last decade I was there home and away. So I’ve earned a certain right to be massively pessimistic at points. Is it hyperbole? Yes. Is my approach to prepare for the worst but hope for the best? Yes. That’s my way of managing the mental torture that is following Arsenal. When I’ve seen us 4 nil up and draw 4-4. Winning 4-2 at home to Spurs and the entire away end left, yet we drew 4-4. When last season we blew 4th. Coming 8th twice. I’ve seen us lose away to Bradford. In person. Seen us lose to Birmingham in the Cup Final. Seen us lose every European Cup Final that exists. Seen us win and lose everywhere.

Don’t take it personally. If I want to be pessimistic it’s up to me.
Hey Bobby

Of course it’s up to you to be pessimistic and I understand why….

If you refuse to have the hope, then if it goes wrong it doesn’t hurt as much

But you don’t appear to be accepting the reality that this young team are made of sterner stuff now - they are a TEAM, a collective that are better than their individual parts

IF they win the league they will be the youngest team to do so ( I fully accept they may come 2nd, but it won’t be for lack of trying)
Arteta the youngest manager

They Could gain more points than the invincible team and unlike that Invincible team this is not yet their peak …we have a few years yet, till that point.

I struggle to understand why you attend when it comes across that you hate going as you fear the worst in every game.

And I’ve been there and got the t shirt too my friend, season ticket holder for 7 seasons under George, home, away and Europe, was at Anfield, & Copenhagen, I’ve witnessed 6 FA cup wins in the flesh too but also at Wrexham and Wembley when we lost to Luton on my birthday and Birmingham.

I don’t attend now, my choice, doesn’t mean I don’t still love the old girl
This aged well. We are indeed made of sterner stuff. :lol:
So did your inside knowledge of Saliba being back for City and your need to see us desperately clinging onto 4th :-P

BobbyPires7

Re: Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:52 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 6:46 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:29 pm
We’ll come top 2. Hopefully first.

I do think you’ll be lucky to get in to the ground to see any of our games though.

In our dark days of the last decade I was there home and away. So I’ve earned a certain right to be massively pessimistic at points. Is it hyperbole? Yes. Is my approach to prepare for the worst but hope for the best? Yes. That’s my way of managing the mental torture that is following Arsenal. When I’ve seen us 4 nil up and draw 4-4. Winning 4-2 at home to Spurs and the entire away end left, yet we drew 4-4. When last season we blew 4th. Coming 8th twice. I’ve seen us lose away to Bradford. In person. Seen us lose to Birmingham in the Cup Final. Seen us lose every European Cup Final that exists. Seen us win and lose everywhere.

Don’t take it personally. If I want to be pessimistic it’s up to me.
Hey Bobby

Of course it’s up to you to be pessimistic and I understand why….

If you refuse to have the hope, then if it goes wrong it doesn’t hurt as much

But you don’t appear to be accepting the reality that this young team are made of sterner stuff now - they are a TEAM, a collective that are better than their individual parts

IF they win the league they will be the youngest team to do so ( I fully accept they may come 2nd, but it won’t be for lack of trying)
Arteta the youngest manager

They Could gain more points than the invincible team and unlike that Invincible team this is not yet their peak …we have a few years yet, till that point.

I struggle to understand why you attend when it comes across that you hate going as you fear the worst in every game.

And I’ve been there and got the t shirt too my friend, season ticket holder for 7 seasons under George, home, away and Europe, was at Anfield, & Copenhagen, I’ve witnessed 6 FA cup wins in the flesh too but also at Wrexham and Wembley when we lost to Luton on my birthday and Birmingham.

I don’t attend now, my choice, doesn’t mean I don’t still love the old girl
This aged well. We are indeed made of sterner stuff. :lol:
So did your inside knowledge of Saliba being back for City and your need to see us desperately clinging onto 4th :-P
He was targeted to be back for City. He never recovered. If we’d blown up a few weeks earlier I’d have been right. 8)

John F

Post by John F »

Apart from the Man City game, I do not agree that Arsenal" bottled it". I think we were complacent. For 30 mins in both the dippers and the West Ham game, we played really well to get a 2-goal lead then we thought we had the game won and eased off. Stupid casual mistakes crept into our game. Against Bournemouth, the team came out with We have already won this game approach and nearly paid for it. Brentford was the same. The way the players were in the tunnel before the Southampton game laughing and joking in particular Ramsdale showed this casual approach that led to Southampton's first goal. Arteta's team selection for that game was also sending a message that this was an easy game. Against Newcastle and the Trophy Dodgers, the players were switched on throughout probably because of the hostile atmosphere. Those results did not say lack of bottle to me. The issues that cost us points were underestimating teams and arrogance in thinking we already had the game in the bag and then reacting when it was too late.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

John F wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:49 am
Apart from the Man City game, I do not agree that Arsenal" bottled it". I think we were complacent. For 30 mins in both the dippers and the West Ham game, we played really well to get a 2-goal lead then we thought we had the game won and eased off. Stupid casual mistakes crept into our game. Against Bournemouth, the team came out with We have already won this game approach and nearly paid for it. Brentford was the same. The way the players were in the tunnel before the Southampton game laughing and joking in particular Ramsdale showed this casual approach that led to Southampton's first goal. Arteta's team selection for that game was also sending a message that this was an easy game. Against Newcastle and the Trophy Dodgers, the players were switched on throughout probably because of the hostile atmosphere. Those results did not say lack of bottle to me. The issues that cost us points were underestimating teams and arrogance in thinking we already had the game in the bag and then reacting when it was too late.
We bottled it.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

John F wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:49 am
Lots of self inflicted mistakes by individuals and the manager in the run in for me John. Liverpool it can happen but should be only once, 2 up and let them back in Zinchenko was struggling and Tierney should of been on. WH complacent 2 up showboating and blew it. Soton a ridiculous game, Ramsdale 1st min gives them the leg up they need but the Vieira selection was a massive, massive mistake should of been hooked 1st half. Soton game for me what little chance we had we blew the title. City were sniffing our nerves and simply kicked it up a notch.

Defense Saliba/ Tomiyasu injuries left us a bit exposed but why not gve us a better base to protect ourselves goals haven't been a issue even as late as Soton at home why not make sure we don't concede minimum 1 goal, Jorginho/Partey pivot should of been used at times.

Also City are a winning machine when on their game they simply get in front and it becomes a training game. Last three months no ones pushed them in any game Liverpool, us, Munich, RM all given a hiding. Games would catch up with them? Hardly they were knocking it around testimonial style recent weeks!

The difference they take the lead, Boa constrictor style, toy with opponents, squeeze the life out of them and don't make self inflicted mistakes.

When was the last time they needed a last min winner Fulham pen at home (soft) before probably NYD 2022 at our place? Couple of times in two seasons.

For us the drama of MU home more so AV and Bournemouth all great moments in a season but unsustainable to keep doing it even 3-1 down Soton, get a point in the end,Trossard hits bar but conceding three at home to the bottom team,taking 2 pts off them in the season,terrible results.

Lot of positives this season but we should of pushed them all the way, either sneak over the line or just fall short, but Soton for me that was it done title wise.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me the single key incident was Lobotomy Clive aggravating and lifting the crowd at Anfield thus lifting the victims* players, costing us the win. Everything that followed against shammers and saints stemmed from that incident. It rattled our players and the loss of confidence led to stupid mistakes.

NEVER underestimate mental strength and state of mind and confidence in the title run in. Lobotomy Clive fucked ours. :censored:

Then add in some mistakes by Arteta in selections (Stick Insect Vieira) and we bottled the league. :x

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:40 pm
For me the single key incident was Lobotomy Clive aggravating and lifting the crowd at Anfield thus lifting the victims* players, costing us the win. Everything that followed against shammers and saints stemmed from that incident. It rattled our players and the loss of confidence led to stupid mistakes.

NEVER underestimate mental strength and state of mind and confidence in the title run in. Lobotomy Clive fucked ours. :censored:

Then add in some mistakes by Arteta in selections (Stick Insect Vieira) and we bottled the league. :x
Nail on head mate :cry: Clive doing what Clive does is what cost us DB,without a doubt..Had we held on at Anfield or if Martinelli had played a better pass at the death it could've been different :cry: It's all ifs and buts though :cry: If my uncle Rab had a fanny he would be my aunty Rab :cry:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The tide has well and truly turned on City’s “achievements”. Every single comments section, from Facebook to the BBC to the Daily Mail is 99% staunchly against City. Every single comment calls them out as cheats. The Premier League cannot ignore this. The League is a laughing stock. A literal joke. Every comment cites that competing is pointless due to their fraud. Even were they to win their court case, they have lost public sentiment. Everyone knows they are cheats. Everyone. Apart from the charges, it is the backhanders they paid to Haaland’s Dad and this has gone on for over a decade. They are Lance Armstrong but worse. The fraud they have carried out is unprecedented.

NickF98

Post by NickF98 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:20 pm
The tide has well and truly turned on City’s “achievements”. Every single comments section, from Facebook to the BBC to the Daily Mail is 99% staunchly against City. Every single comment calls them out as cheats. The Premier League cannot ignore this.
They can and will ignore it, just like the 100s of FFP breaches. The Premier league is dead, there is no competition and hasn't been for a few years now. The only challenge will come from the "definitely not state owned" Newcastle, who are just as pimped.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:40 pm

Agree with this a lot, xhaka being a selfish prick because he didn't get a free kick for falling over, up to that point Liverpool and their quiet as mice fans had thrown in the towel.

Yes viera has to go, why the fuck ESR doesn't get a game ahead of him is ridiculous.

Still I thought we'd be outside top four this season so will have to be happy with second although we could have blown our best chance at a title in many years that might not come around again for a long time.

I do think the Saliba injury was the catalyst for the collapse, he's one of the top three ch in the league, we needed better cover there and that's down to Edu and Arteta and whoever else has a say in recruitment.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:20 pm
The fraud they have carried out is unprecedented.
The Nazi Chavs are just as bad & it was them that kicked open the gates with the Russian thieving Putin loving war criminal that allowed the criminal fraud to fester. EUFA had been turning a blind eye to Madrid & Barcas fiddling for decades. The Chav Nazi vermin briefs soon worked out a way to carry out massive fraud & dodgy sponsorship deals by copying the Spanish clubs. The Football Association & Premier League just watched it unfold, Boris bungs all round!

Now with the Headchoppers taking fraud to the next level we even have Man U & Mousers fans calling for oil & oligarch money laundering to be "invested" in their clubs so they can compete. PSG are another money laundering franchise. Everton the same but currently spending most of it on a new ground.

The question is not are The FA / PL & / or UEFA / FIFA gonna act, that won't happen. The REAL question is how many pimped up clubs will there eventually be in England & Europe. Once there is more than 8 or 9 in the Premier League they will just outvote the rest.

I think it's sad that Man United & LIverpool fans are calling for pimp cash, they should be ashamed of themselves. They will destroy their history, exactly what a Tranmere fan at work says.

"It's down to the three historical red giants to save the game" His exact words today!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gary Neville comparing Jack Walker's Blackburn with UAE trillion dollar state funded City, what an absolute prick.

Pep wants a quick decision, don't we all...

GUILTY.

🙄

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

He wants a quick acquital, but that does look impossible with some of the things Dep Speigel have revealed.

These titles like Chelsea's are all tainted by dirty money.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🔺 NEW: A mystery figure from the United Arab Emirates paid Manchester City £30 million to cover sums that were supposed to have come from one of their main sponsors, a leaked Uefa report has revealed