Villa A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Villa A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up for our faltering ex tabletoppers it's Villa at theirs with a Saturday lunchtime kick off.Our confidence is shot to fuck 3 losses and a draw from 4 isn't title form.Emery will have them ready for this that's for sure,loss or at best a draw.

BobbyPires7

Re: Villa vaginas A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Another loss.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This not a knee jerk reaction to tonight's defeat (before the usual cultists chime in with that shit) but I really struggle to see us get anything away to the vaginas.

1-2 Loss. :(

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Villa didn’t try a leg last weekend against city, didn’t run, didn’t tackle, didn’t try to close them down - zero effort, an abysmal performance.

We won’t be afforded the same luxury here you can be sure, they’ll fly into more tackles and show more commitment in the first 5 minutes against us than they did in the entire 90 last weekend.

Late game Wednesday, early kick off Saturday, away from home, the teams’s confidence in the shitter, leaking goals at one end and not scoring enough up the other all mixed in with the inevitability of a Don Unai masterclass - recipe for fucking disaster.

:suicide:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Our form the last 4 games in all comps. P4 W0 D1 L3 G4 2 GA 6

There is zero chance we pick ourselves up in this one, draw at best but probably a loss with another defensive cock up handing Villa the points.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We will Win this....

How?

Not a fuckin' Scooby!

But

We WILL.

:proudtosay:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Just read somewhere that Arteta doesn't know how long Partey will be out for :cry: No doubt he will miss this ffs and no doubt a few more.Why the fuck doesn't that fuckin waste of space Xhaka get injured :banghead: I hate that useless fucker.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:10 am
We will Win this....

How?

Not a fuckin' Scooby!

But

We WILL.

Wish I shared your optimism Bard but I think it'll be 1-0 or 2-1 to them :cry: game will be shite..well huff and puff and they'll pick us off.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the only question that needs to be asked is this - how long is Partey out for ?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:06 am
My source reckons it’s minor. No idea what that means in terms of time out.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:06 am

Another question you should be asking is how much difference will it make even if partey is available ? I know partey is a big upgrade on jorginho, but jorginho played well last night and wasnt the problem, and partey alone isnt good enough to cover the shitiness of xhaka and odeargod, Games like this one though is where nketieh fills his boots and cons some fans into thinking that he is good enough, but tyrone mings is a mustafi level of shit so destroying him is no big achievement.

If emery has his head screwed on, it will be double up on saka and get physical with the others and they will fold,

First goal here will be massive - if we get it we can do them, but if we concede it we will show our mental weakness AGAIN

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:50 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:10 am
We will Win this....

How?

Not a fuckin' Scooby!

But

We WILL.

Wish I shared your optimism Bard but I think it'll be 1-0 or 2-1 to them :cry: game will be shite..well huff and puff and they'll pick us off.
It's not Optimism FG - Honestly - It's ...... I Dunno I just "Know" We are Going To Win.....Maybe someone put something in my Breakfast - Must admit I did see a Rainbow in the steam coming off my Porridge and Blue Berries this morning... But I think that was the over-hang of the Tequila from last nights no way am I going to be able to sleep tonight Tequila Slammers before I brushed my teeth etc and went to Beddy byes. :goingtobed:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:48 am
Just read somewhere that Arteta doesn't know how long Partey will be out for :cry: No doubt he will miss this ffs and no doubt a few more.Why the fuck doesn't that fuckin waste of space Xhaka get injured :banghead: I hate that useless fucker.
Get injured how?? He doesn't do anything??

1-1 at best, maybe 2-1.

Seriously can anyone see this team pick themselves up and come roaring back?? They look flat, panic stricken and absolutely all at sea. Maybe a Xhaka "huddle" is what's missing?? Remember how the Twitter and Tik Tok fanboys raved about that?? The 2 weeks where he was the "best midfielder in the PL" :roll: :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Same here, falky mate. Every time I see one of ours get injured my first thought is "why couldn't that be Lobotomy Clive?" :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:12 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Get injured how?? He doesn't do anything??

1-1 at best, maybe 2-1.

Seriously can anyone see this team pick themselves up and come roaring back?? They look flat, panic stricken and absolutely all at sea. Maybe a Xhaka "huddle" is what's missing?? Remember how the Twitter and Tik Tok fanboys raved about that?? The 2 weeks where he was the "best midfielder in the PL" :roll: :roll:
Remember it? I still wake up vomiting at night, mate! :x