Villa A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: Villa vaginas A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

Post by wilson2.0 »

Ever since the Everton loss we have only surrendered 2 points to City. Considering 12 points were on offer and we only picked up 4, it could have been 8, 6, even 4, but 2 points - talk about getting away with it.

But we need to really get back to previous performances. Jesus return cant come quick enough. Nketiah is a good player but not starting quality for a team challenging for the league, no issue with him as a back up though. Although long term of Balogun outperforms him then Nketiah could be sold (only for a big fee).

Also think Arteta needs to refresh the team and start utilizing Jorginho, ESR, Vieria and start rotating Tierney and with Zinchenko a little more. ZInchenko had his pocket picked for the first goal. He is a top plyer and the preferred left back, but Arteta needs to start using the full depth of the squad.

Also, I wonder how a Partey Jorginho, Odegaard, midfield would do. Xhaka early season form has levelled off. The only undropable players assuming all are fit are Ramsdale, Saliba, Gabriel, Partey, Odegaard, Saka, Jesus - everyone else should not be above being benched.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augie we’re gonna fall out over this. Odegaard is an absolute baller, a wonderful player.

He was excellent second half today (glaring miss aside) and almost all our best attacking play went through him from the pocket, deservedly awarded MOTM too.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:01 pm
#justsaying

:proudtosay:
After being called a C.unt after my Brentford post I was not going to bother any more - just reading & enjoying your posts instead. However this post is just what I need to lift my day along with the result which I am afraid to comment on !!. It stirrred something in an old bloke. GOYG. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Don’t let that deter you from posting on here, I get called a c.unt after every post and there ain’t no getting rid of me 8)

wibble

Post by wibble »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:07 pm
Ever since the Everton loss we have only surrendered 2 points to City. Considering 12 points were on offer and we only picked up 4, it could have been 8, 6, even 4, but 2 points - talk about getting away with it.
Agree with your point but it’s actually 3 points (we got 4 points, city got 7 and they’re now 2 behind instead of 5)

Agree with others that Jorginho has made a promising start although Willian did get 3 assists on his arsenal debut so things can change!
I reckon Jorginho will be a decent signing till the end of the season, especially for the price and we’ll presumably reinforce in the summer

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just watched the highlights on MOTD again - what an absolutely breathless game of football especially in the second half. Felt exhausted watching it.

Hilarious watching Unai get completely fucked off with Martinez in the post match too. Looks like that c.unt will be finding himself another club soon :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I think Ive only just recovered, what an incredible game , loved reading through thd thread just now with the different emotions , it exactly summed my feelings up at the time. People calling us bottlers with no leaders arexwtmrong , there are characters in here and we dug deep and pulled through , fair play to the lads.
Absolutely hilarious that *word censored* Martinez scored our winner and gifted us our 4th. Fair play to Vieira for the composure he showed , I still think theres a player there , chuffed for Gabi hopefully he can kick on now..
Jorginho ios making me eat my words at the moment and I know it seems a long stretch but reckon he will oust Xhaka. Remember Arteta absolutely loves him and has wanted him for three years, this could finally be it when the swiss turd is benched semi permanently at minimum.

:barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:33 am
Augie we’re gonna fall out over this. Odegaard is an absolute baller, a wonderful player.

He was excellent second half today (glaring miss aside) and almost all our best attacking play went through him from the pocket, deservedly awarded MOTM too.
8 goals , 6 assists key part of this challenge, I love ESR as much as Augie , he's my favourite player but I want to see them play together preferably in Xhaka’s position

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:15 am
I think Ive only just recovered, what an incredible game , loved reading through thd thread just now with the different emotions , it exactly summed my feelings up at the time. People calling us bottlers with no leaders arexwtmrong , there are characters in here and we dug deep and pulled through , fair play to the lads.
Absolutely hilarious that *word censored* Martinez scored our winner and gifted us our 4th. Fair play to Vieira for the composure he showed , I still think theres a player there , chuffed for Gabi hopefully he can kick on now..
Jorginho ios making me eat my words at the moment and I know it seems a long stretch but reckon he will oust Xhaka. Remember Arteta absolutely loves him and has wanted him for three years, this could finally be it when the swiss turd is benched semi permanently at minimum.

Regarding Jorginho - wouldn't it be lovely if your final paragraph proved to be true. Watching that useless c.unt Xhaka doing his best to trash any title hopes we've got is more than a man can take. Would be the greatest double celebration ever to win the league and bin that c.unt off once and for all - just can't see it though. He's cast his spell of deceit over three consecutive managers now sadly

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:18 am
gooner265 wrote:

Regarding Jorginho - wouldn't it be lovely if your final paragraph proved to be true. Watching that useless c.unt Xhaka doing his best to trash any title hopes we've got is more than a man can take. Would be the greatest double celebration ever to win the league and bin that c.unt off once and for all - just can't see it though. He's cast his spell of deceit over three consecutive managers now sadly
The thing keeping Xhaka in the team is his (perceived) experience and attitude. Although we know the reality, Arteta feels he is a leader and a fighter. We don’t generally have many of those. It’s also a misconception as he goes missing half of the time and costs us repeatedly with rash decisions and misplaced passes. Jorginho is more experienced than him though. He also tends to be more accurate with his passing. Has more in-game intelligence etc. I think he actually could oust Xhaka. Once Xhaka is ousted he will flounce off to another Club because you don’t bench the Swiss captain.

John F

Post by John F »

I cannot stop smiling about the ball hitting the back of Martinez's head and going in. What a fine piece of poetic justice that was for the time-wasting Tosser. Great 2nd half performance but I fail to see why Martinelli is not put up front instead of Nketiah and Clive taken off with Tierney coming on. Our midfield and defence nearly conceded 4 goals if it wasn't for the crossbar and a great save by Ramsdale. Tierney would bring a bit of stability and link up well with Trossard.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

John F wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 am
I cannot stop smiling about the ball hitting the back of Martinez's head and going in. What a fine piece of poetic justice that was for the time-wasting Tosser. Great 2nd half performance but I fail to see why Martinelli is not put up front instead of Nketiah and Clive taken off with Tierney coming on. Our midfield and defence nearly conceded 4 goals if it wasn't for the crossbar and a great save by Ramsdale. Tierney would bring a bit of stability and link up well with Trossard.
We do, alt last have options to change things now, not just full backs.
I think Arteta likes players with a little bit of versatility, we have played the same 11 when ever we can, as they are our best team, now you can have debates / arguments about who should start in which position.

Jesus and ESR will be a massive boost through March, particularly with the Europa starting up again.

By the Way Utd have a Europa 2nd leg and a league cup final and the FA cup v the hammers to play before they play another league match.

so hope they run on empty by the end of the season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:07 pm

But we need to really get back to previous performances. Jesus return cant come quick enough. Nketiah is a good player but not starting quality for a team challenging for the league, no issue with him as a back up though. Although long term of Balogun outperforms him then Nketiah could be sold (only for a big fee).

Also think Arteta needs to refresh the team and start utilizing Jorginho, ESR, Vieria and start rotating Tierney and with Zinchenko a little more. ZInchenko had his pocket picked for the first goal. He is a top plyer and the preferred left back, but Arteta needs to start using the full depth of the squad.

Also, I wonder how a Partey Jorginho, Odegaard, midfield would do. Xhaka early season form has levelled off. The only undropable players assuming all are fit are Ramsdale, Saliba, Gabriel, Partey, Odegaard, Saka, Jesus - everyone else should not be above being benched.
Lobotomy Clive's early season form has levelled off.... :coffeespit:

Yep. True. Its gone from shit (with the odd bog average at best display) to absolute pubber shit. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:11 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:18 am
gooner265 wrote:

The thing keeping Xhaka in the team is his (perceived) experience and attitude. Although we know the reality, Arteta feels he is a leader and a fighter. We don’t generally have many of those. It’s also a misconception as he goes missing half of the time and costs us repeatedly with rash decisions and misplaced passes. Jorginho is more experienced than him though. He also tends to be more accurate with his passing. Has more in-game intelligence etc. I think he actually could oust Xhaka. Once Xhaka is ousted he will flounce off to another Club because you don’t bench the Swiss captain.
And then watch as we as a team step up a level.

Midz

Post by Midz »

John F wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 am
I cannot stop smiling about the ball hitting the back of Martinez's head and going in. What a fine piece of poetic justice that was for the time-wasting Tosser.
This 100% ^^^ :D :D :D :D

Then he makes a bigger fool of himself by going up for a corner (thinking he's clever) and leaving an open goal.