Villa A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: Villa vaginas A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

Post by Rian1 »

Having read of all of this, respecting everyone’s opinion.. I do get a feeling that the hate on Xhaka is more of a cult in this forum than justified hate.

Every single game I see him getting slandered, at times, even when he’s nowhere near involved anything meaningful. I even saw hate on him AFTER he scored the winner against Tottenham at home.

I agree, at times he’s shit but he’s also part of the reason why we are in this position.

In no way I’m defending him, but the agenda against him is weird. It’s like we have to “hate” on him to be cool in these parts of the woods

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:49 pm
Having read of all of this, respecting everyone’s opinion.. I do get a feeling that the hate on Xhaka is more of a cult in this forum than justified hate.

Every single game I see him getting slandered, at times, even when he’s nowhere near involved anything meaningful. I even saw hate on him AFTER he scored the winner against Tottenham at home.

I agree, at times he’s shit but he’s also part of the reason why we are in this position.

In no way I’m defending him, but the agenda against him is weird. It’s like we have to “hate” on him to be cool in these parts of the woods
And that entire post is insulting to people on here that know the game and can see past the everything-Arsenal-is-perfect nonsense of the fanboys. :roll:

I suggest you take your Arsenal blinkers off and actually watch his performances.

He's part of the reason we are not further ahead than we are. Take him out and we instantly improve as a team.

A cult? Get a grip ffs mate. :lol:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Rian1 wrote:

Xhaka did OK in first half of the season, but since the World Cup, he hasn’t done much at all. He should be linking up with Martinelli/Trossard but Zinchenko does that. He doesn’t add much to the attack and seems to be deliberately kept away from the defence. I don’t think Vieira would necessarily improve matters, but with Smith Rowe hopefully being fit and Partey returning, it’s hard to see him as the automatic first choice he has been. Jorginho and Partey would be a better choice in central midfield.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rian1 wrote:

I am assuming; perhaps incorrectly? That you have followed the Arsenal since before Clive arrived, if so he has never ever been better than average.

It isn't his fault that he is not a good footballer, he is a Millionaire on the back of being signed (by TOF) to Arsenal and for playing for Arsenal.

I have nothing against him as a human being; though I know some do as they 'hate the who person etc- which I can understand as his telling fans to Fuck-Off and then Throwing the dirt onto the floor and kicking it away; all this whilst he was meant to be Captain, is a No No!

If for a moment we put those things aside, that still leaves the considerable list of Blunders he has made.

He simply doesn't have a Football Brain and Neither is he an even average footballer.

The recent interviews he has given (past 18 months) when he has whined and moaned saying he has been 'Picked On' by Arsenal Fans and doing the 'Oh! Wow is me etc' is not only cringe worthy but Wrong and untruthful.

If you watch him on the pitch/ in the game - He Slows down attacks, he constantly makes stupid decisions and errors and he is the first to throw his arms up in the air when things go wrong for us as a team; in the game yesterday during the build up to their 2nd goal he literally sauntered back instead of busting a gut to help defend and to help his team mates... Only then to let the ball go through his legs; from a distance (12 - 15 yards away... which then allowed them to score. Then what does he do, he throws his arms in the air a d starts cussing the defence...

No only is he a liability in every sense of the word, he is one of those (sneaky types) Who acts the Big man, but shuts the fuck up when Arteta is about - See The Amazon Documentary for Proof of that, also when he tried to dig out Saka for one of the goals against us... It was Down To His mistake and he tried off-loading the blame onto Saka, he is a Coward. Arteta wasn't around btw.

If we had a half-decent player to replace him (now we do in Jorginho) we would be so much swifter in breaks & attacks and we would've better protection for the back line.

Like many, many others it is a mystery how he keeps getting picked, I would suggest we were short of midfield options, now there is someone better.

Something tells me he would throw a strop if not picked, which would be a good thing, because Arteta would then see him for what he is; Not a Team Player and redundant for our present and future.

Hence; he is a Cun.t as a player and part of that is he is meant to be Experienced and a leader for the youngsters... He is anything but.

I will breathe a sigh of relief the day he is gone from the club and have a few drinks to celebrate.

But hey! That is just my opinion based on what I have witnessed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:48 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:01 pm
#justsaying

:proudtosay:
After being called a C.unt after my Brentford post I was not going to bother any more - just reading & enjoying your posts instead. However this post is just what I need to lift my day along with the result which I am afraid to comment on !!. It stirrred something in an old bloke. GOYG. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I wouldn't let names etc affect you mate. It is just "Banter" and should someone call you a cun.t for expressing and opinion just insult hem back and remember to include their Missus and Mother in that! :D :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:59 pm
Ray C wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
#justsaying

After being called a C.unt after my Brentford post I was not going to bother any more - just reading & enjoying your posts instead. However this post is just what I need to lift my day along with the result which I am afraid to comment on !!. It stirrred something in an old bloke. GOYG. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I wouldn't let names etc affect you mate. It is just "Banter" and should someone call you a cun.t for expressing and opinion just insult hem back and remember to include their Missus and Mother in that! :D :?
I heard OBG's mother had a penchant for goats and he is the result, but it's just a rumour from a drunken dwarf on a night out in Swansea so i wouldn't read too much into it :wink: :rubchin: (Only kidding OBG)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Ray C wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
#justsaying

I heard OBG's mother had a penchant for goats and he is the result, but it's just a rumour from a drunken dwarf on a night out in Swansea so i wouldn't read too much into it :wink: :rubchin: (Only kidding OBG)
Had no idea Lefty had been in Swansea. :D :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:33 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Ray C wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
#justsaying

:shock:

Nor had I, she was a ten pint bird I'm assuming, well that's my excuse, I've been in some Chelseas' too :wink: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

:banghead:
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

As reported by @sr_collings, the FA are to investigate the 'press box scuffle' between Arsenal and Aston Villa analysts

@TheAthleticFC 🔴⚪️ #AFC

At this rate we'll have our own car parking spaces down at FA HQs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:33 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Ray C wrote:

:shock:

Nor had I, she was a ten pint bird I'm assuming, well that's my excuse, I've been in some Chelseas' too :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Xhaka is more of a cult
Clear typo there, should have been an 'n' not an 'l'

8)

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Rian1 wrote:

How would you describe his performance on Saturday?
What attributes did he bring to the team ?

His early season form has dropped off a cliff and now should be behind Jorginho, who has been here 2 weeks and already looks the part

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:07 pm
Xhaka is more of a cult
Clear typo there, should have been an 'n' not an 'l'

8)
:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »