The Pimped Club Thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Man City charged again for breaching FFP

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:16 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:27 pm
NickF98 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:59 pm
Bet they get a monetary fine, which is absolutely pointless given their owners wealth.
100% On The Nail.... Their owners could buy whole countries etc if they wanted, there is Nothing they cannot afford monetary-wise. And as someone has already mentioned, they surely have to look at the ChavScum.

I think this is Huge for a number of reasons:

If they have found them guilty they MUST take action

The kind of punishment they impose; if it is a 'fine' :roll: that is just like saying "Oh! You naughty boy now be off with you and don't do it agin laugh, chortle and much mirth and winking of the eye"

And for me the most important: If $hitty are not punished by other means (as in a Points deduction or something more drastic like relegation) Then it simply Proves beyond All Shadow Of Doubt that those who should be imposing those kind of punishments ARE Definitely 100% Corrupt and so by not imposing the maximum of punishments demonstrate yet again they have been bought off with even bigger back-handers.

The Can Worms will either be opened or kicked down the road and forgotten about.
Disagree. This is deeper than FFP breaches, City have been charged with financial misrepresentation. Not accounting for things that should appear on their balance sheet. In lay mans terms, it's fraud.

There is going to an independent commission overseeing the allegations, which if CIty are found guilty they should face relegation. They should really be referred to the crown prosecution service, because this is a criminal investigation as much as anything else.

People get thrown into jail for life in the US for fraud. I am not saying that will happen here, but if the FA genuinely want to come out of this with any credibility they should relegate City.
You don't say.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:39 pm
I’m thinking that a big points deduction is likely.

Arsenal’s odds to win the title slashed to 8/13
I would seriously doubt the FA will go down that route. I haven't read anywhere about when the FA will arrive at a punishment but it will be more than likely a fine or transfer ban.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:32 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

I would seriously doubt the FA will go down that route. I haven't read anywhere about when the FA will arrive at a punishment but it will be more than likely a fine or transfer ban.
This will drag on for another few months

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:36 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

The FA are scared of their own Poxy Corrupt Shadow, they will dilly and dally and only come to some 'slap on the wrist' type punishment AFTER the end of this season.

The FA are a Cowardly Bunch of CUN.TS.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:44 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:36 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

The FA are scared of their own Poxy Corrupt Shadow, they will dilly and dally and only come to some 'slap on the wrist' type punishment AFTER the end of this season.

The FA are a Cowardly Bunch of CUN.TS.
Yep. As soon as the fraudsters at City get the solicitors involved, it will all end in a cowardly climbdown and mumblings about "the maximum penalty available" being a 100 grand fine or something. The Arabs don't really care about rules and don't really react well when they get told they have to sort of doing the whole, playing by them thing. They will get aggressive, the Premier League and FA will panic and it will, very much like the drug taking at Leicester story a few years back and Fergie's bungs, just disappear into thin air. However, they are in a bit of a tight spot here as this directly impacts their two big favourites, the victims and manure. They both wield unbelievable power at the FA and Premier League and really won't be letting this go away quietly. What price, Abu Dhabi whatever they are called sell their stake in City over the summer and magically appear under a new name to buy one of those two?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:48 pm
BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536785

They also note the timing of the statement given the white paper on football governance is about to be published. It is felt that bringing this case it likely to be used by the Premier League as evidence of them being able to deal with governance issues itself.

Here’s hoping that the FA want to use City as an example.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If you are going to back down on something like this you wouldn’t charge them with over 100 separate incidents in the first place. Just think about what it would make the Premier League look like. They can’t back down from this.

City are going down boys.

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:39 pm
If you are going to back down on something like this you wouldn’t charge them with over 100 separate incidents in the first place. Just think about what it would make the Premier League look like. They can’t back down from this.

Juventus and Marseilles style relegation but it won't be so easy in this country as the Football League have to agree to accept them and clubs in the lower leagues will rightly say that it will have an impact on their chances of promotion and will object. Swindon in 1990 were originally relegated two divisions for far less than this. This will either be a News of The Worldesque collapse for the fraudsters or a nothing will come of it. There is no middle ground with this. Guilty means relegations and sanctions. Not guilty means its a cover-up and the Premier League don't care. I won't be surprised it this eventually leads to a new break away league with the other 19 clubs plus the second tier saying they will form their own new competitions if City aren't dealt with severely.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:39 pm

Should be put in the National League.

Northern section :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

No make it Southern section ,

They don't like 4 1/2 hour journeys.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

City will keep pointing fingers at Chavski. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Both these clubs deserve to be wiped out but I'd rather the chavs, jumped up little club who won 1 title in nigh on 100 yrs before an oligarch ploughed billions in.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If City use Chelsea as their defence then they can both go down together. Absolute disgrace what has gone on in British football over the last 20 years. :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

⚽️🚨| Man City believe a former member of the playing or coaching staff turned informer for the Premier League’s investigation.

The club is currently carrying out internal investigations to find the identity of the individual.

[@TheAthleticFC]

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:07 pm
⚽️🚨| Man City believe a former member of the playing or coaching staff turned informer for the Premier League’s investigation.

The club is currently carrying out internal investigations to find the identity of the individual.

[@TheAthleticFC]
Good job we don’t have any players or staff who have previous City connections ……………….. :rubchin: :rubchin:

Perryashburtongroves

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:07 pm

[@TheAthleticFC]
Brian Kidd because he probably leaked all their details to his mates at Manure for years or if it's a player, possibly that young one they had who ended up playing about one game in five years and got massively fat before getting paid off and retiring at about 25. Whoever it is or was or whatever, you don't need a panicky internal investigation to find out an identity if you're not 100% guilty of every charge.