The Pimped Club Thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Man City charged again for breaching FFP

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:18 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:07 pm
⚽️🚨| Man City believe a former member of the playing or coaching staff turned informer for the Premier League’s investigation.

The club is currently carrying out internal investigations to find the identity of the individual.

[@TheAthleticFC]
Good job we don’t have any players or staff who have previous City connections ……………….. :rubchin: :rubchin:
:coffeespit: :high5:

:rubchin:

Uhhhmmmm Hold On... Could tis impact on Arteta, I mean he was part of the set up at ¢hitty when some this took place!?

:hmmthink: :hmmthink: :hmmthink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If the Oil Owners DO find someone has grassed them up, he'll be beheaded on his next complimentary holiday to Dubai!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:21 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
⚽️🚨| Man City believe a former member of the playing or coaching staff turned informer for the Premier League’s investigation.

The club is currently carrying out internal investigations to find the identity of the individual.

[@TheAthleticFC]
Brian Kidd because he probably leaked all their details to his mates at Manure for years or if it's a player, possibly that young one they had who ended up playing about one game in five years and got massively fat before getting paid off and retiring at about 25. Whoever it is or was or whatever, you don't need a panicky internal investigation to find out an identity if you're not 100% guilty of every charge.

Mica Richards????? :shock:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

[@TheAthleticFC]
Brian Kidd because he probably leaked all their details to his mates at Manure for years or if it's a player, possibly that young one they had who ended up playing about one game in five years and got massively fat before getting paid off and retiring at about 25. Whoever it is or was or whatever, you don't need a panicky internal investigation to find out an identity if you're not 100% guilty of every charge.

Michael Johnson I think his name was. Mica Richards wouldn't have leaked anything about from about four goals every game.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:39 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:35 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

[@TheAthleticFC]

Michael Johnson I think his name was. Mica Richards wouldn't have leaked anything about from about four goals every game.
Yup! That's The One!!

Before being found out:

and After:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:34 pm
If the Oil Owners DO find someone has grassed them up, he'll be beheaded on his next complimentary holiday to Dubai!
I think you will find it’s a compulsory holiday …..

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Rumour has it City are already looking to sign Shaun Goater and Paul Dickov as their new strike force once the transfer ban kicks in.

:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

FFP imo is wrong on so many levels and has never been properly enforced anyway - if an owner has billions to spend on his football club, then who the fcuk are the fa to tell him he cant do so ? As long as no debt is put onto the club, then an owner should be allowed spend as much of his wealth as he wants and fcuk the begrudgers

HOWEVER, when the chavs are put up for sale and news leaks out that the club owed the russian crook over 2bn, where were the fa then and why were questions not being asked as to how that debt was accrued if they were complying with FFP ?

I hope city embarrass the fa in court over this

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:48 pm
FFP imo is wrong on so many levels and has never been properly enforced anyway - if an owner has billions to spend on his football club, then who the fcuk are the fa to tell him he cant do so ? As long as no debt is put onto the club, then an owner should be allowed spend as much of his wealth as he wants and fcuk the begrudgers

HOWEVER, when the chavs are put up for sale and news leaks out that the club owed the russian crook over 2bn, where were the fa then and why were questions not being asked as to how that debt was accrued if they were complying with FFP ?

So basically the only Clubs that will ever win a thing are City and Chelsea. Football needs to have integrity and some sort of level playing field. What the fuck are you wittering on about backing City and Chelsea hosing cash everywhere??

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I doubt much will come of it. City will throw money at anything and everything. People who are ready to talk will suddenly become millionaires overnight with poor memories.

I fully expect no more than a years transfer ban and a 50m fine which may as well be 10p.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:59 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:48 pm

So basically the only Clubs that will ever win a thing are City and Chelsea. Football needs to have integrity and some sort of level playing field. What the fuck are you wittering on about backing City and Chelsea hosing cash everywhere??

1. I love american football and one of the main reasons why I love it is the parity system they have in play there with salary cap and worst team gets first pick in the draft etc. I would love our football to be run in a similar manner but the reality is that it is impossible because you are dealing with so many different countries and federations, and so many legal systems.

2. A few years ago the madrid government bought real madrid's training ground for a massively inflated fee - that was financial doping whichever way you looked at it but uefa did nothing cos they didnt want to take on super club real madrid and the spanish government :roll: Chelski changed hands last summer with the russian crook owed over 2bn by the club - not once at that time and not once since have I heard anyone question how or why that money was owed, and all the concern was over ensuring the c.unts stayed afloat :roll: Reality is that the russian crook loaned them money to spend on transfers that they could not generate themselves (what with being a shithole club with no history), and that again is financial doping - where is the action or talk for retrograde punishment there ?? Fact is that if you have a system like FFP then it has to be absolute and not selective, and I would rather have no system than one that is used when the mood suits.

3. Football is and always has been a money driven organisation - clubs and fans are hypocrites who are ok with the rich swallowing up the poor as long as they are on right side of that equation of course. Is the premier league a fair race ? Are fans of big clubs like ours worried about traditional big clubs like sheffield wednesday and sunderland being left further and further behind, and destined to never again sit at the top table of english football ? Are fans of clubs like ours concerned that the top of the premier league is becoming a closed shop with only a handful of clubs realistically having a chance to win the league ? Would Arsenal fans support a system where we would have a much reduced transfer budget to give the likes of fulham and southampton a chance ? Would they fcuk :roll:

For me, the 2bn chavski debt to the russian crook is really sticking in my throat, and if the premier league done their duty then instead of turning a blind eye, then I would be more in favour of action against city now. I am also very reluctant for Arsenal fans to be seen pushing this agenda - piers morgan yesterday calling for city to be docked pts was cringy cos the world and its mother can see that his interest was helping AFC to win the league and not about justice :oops: :oops: Like I said earlier, ask fans of different football clubs about the fairness of the system and the answers you get will vary depending on where their club is in pecking order, and I would speculate that EFL clubs and clubs down near the bottom of premier league wont care less about this situation because they are not directly affected by it - clubs like ours near the top will feign outrage because there are titles and european qualification positions at stake, but like I said already it is all about selfish motives anyway

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

If they do,and I can’t imagine they will,but if they do dock City points and we go on to win the league we’ll have to have an asterisk won’t we DB10?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:34 pm
I think you will find it’s a compulsory holiday …..
Gardening leave in the desert :oops:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If City circumvented FFP that would be one thing but the biggest allegations against them are of not declaring payments on their books, which is fraud. One thing I do agree massively with Augie is that we are all hypocrites as fans when it comes to spending money. If Kroenke sold the club tomorrow and the new owner came in throwing money at us until we won a PL and CL, would anyone really have a problem with it as a fan?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:37 am
If City circumvented FFP that would be one thing but the biggest allegations against them are of not declaring payments on their books, which is fraud. One thing I do agree massively with Augie is that we are all hypocrites as fans when it comes to spending money. If Kroenke sold the club tomorrow and the new owner came in throwing money at us until we won a PL and CL, would anyone really have a problem with it as a fan?
Yes! I would.

:rubchin:

Naaaaaah! Only Kidding! :-P

I think there should be a level playing field (pun intended) when it comes to what and how much clubs can spend.

The way that the chavs new owner has wandered blindly in and bought (literally) all and sundry is simply a reflection of societies at large.

BUT the law that applies to the Poor MUST also apply to the Rich. So fuck $hitty.