Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

Post by Clummo99 »

The usual suspects going full blown Chicken Little again. :roll: :lol:

"Palace are salivating at playing us next." The same Palace that haven't had a shot on target for 4 matches and the Real Vieira just a game or 2 from the sack.

"We're back to scrapping for 4th."

Get a grip! :lol:

I want us to win every competition we're in, every game we play but I know that just isn't possible.

Yes be disappointed but some of the pessimistic knee jerking is beyond laughable.

COYG :barscarf:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:28 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:27 am
Before the season started the club would have targeted wining the Europa and finishing top 4 as the main objectives for the year and even though they would never admit it I reckon they would probably have seen winning the Europa as being the most likely of those 2 things to happen.

We’ve since massively exceeded expectations, performed unbelievably in the league so the club’s objectives have pivoted and now the full focus has turned towards trying to win the thing.

6 months ago it would have seemed more likely to be at full strength last night with a few changes coming in at the weekend, instead circumstances have dictated that it’s the other way round.
Why did we finish full strength then? Arteta wanted to win it. It is pure cognitive dissonance on here.
Course he wanted to win it! But he took a gamble based on our league position that we could get through the tie by making multiple changes to the starting 11….a gamble which backfired badly so he ended up having to chuck on the first teamers to try and rescue it.

If he thought going full strength in both legs wasn’t going to impact us in the league he’d have done so and we’d have won the tie by 3 or 4. It’s not that hard to understand.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:08 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:28 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:27 am
Before the season started the club would have targeted wining the Europa and finishing top 4 as the main objectives for the year and even though they would never admit it I reckon they would probably have seen winning the Europa as being the most likely of those 2 things to happen.

We’ve since massively exceeded expectations, performed unbelievably in the league so the club’s objectives have pivoted and now the full focus has turned towards trying to win the thing.

6 months ago it would have seemed more likely to be at full strength last night with a few changes coming in at the weekend, instead circumstances have dictated that it’s the other way round.
Why did we finish full strength then? Arteta wanted to win it. It is pure cognitive dissonance on here.
Course he wanted to win it! But he took a gamble based on our league position that we could get through the tie by making multiple changes to the starting 11….a gamble which backfired badly so he ended up having to chuck on the first teamers to try and rescue it.

If he thought going full strength in both legs wasn’t going to impact us in the league he’d have done so and we’d have won the tie by 3 or 4. It’s not that hard to understand.
Why bring them on? According to the oracles on here we needed to go out.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:05 am

"Palace are salivating at playing us next." The same Palace that haven't had a shot on target for 4 matches and the Real Vieira just a game or 2 from the sack.

I want us to win every competition we're in, every game we play but I know that just isn't possible.

Yes be disappointed but some of the pessimistic knee jerking is beyond laughable.

Palace aren’t actually that bad. Results wise they are on a poor run. Sunday will be a tough game. Football is played on paper. Look at Bournemouth for a clue.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:58 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:55 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 pm
Before anyone starts, this is not a snide dig at Ramsdale, but when was the last time we had a keeper that saved penalties? Can't remember Leno ever saving one. For years now, a penalty for the opposition is a certain fucking goal. I knew their bloke had at least one save in him and knew we'd fucking lose.
Yes it's fvcking annoying isn't it.
Cech was useless as well.

Just had a bet you would say something along those lines.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Sooo Predictable. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck me OBG, give it a rest. I put in the part you've highlighted to make it clear that we've been shit at saving penalties for years. If I'd wanted to be a smart arse, I'd have mentioned Martinez and his penalty saves in the Coppa America and the World Cup. I purposely didn't mention him, but others have.

Cech, Leno, Ramsdale....what is it, one penalty save between them?
FFS Retro did you see the :lol: :lol: :lol: Moji things... Lighten UP! FFS!

Put it this way, after last night if Ramsdfale EVER gets caught out like that again... Me and you'll drive the taxi that takes him to Sid's Dungeon!

okay? :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:16 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Palace aren’t actually that bad. Results wise they are on a poor run. Sunday will be a tough game. Football is played on paper. Look at Bournemouth for a clue.

:shock:

Fuck! I thought it was a mix of Green Grass, Carbon Bladed Cotton and that other stuff (Not Paper!) :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He brought them on to try and win the fucking game :banghead:

The reason the oracles on here (of which I must be one :roll: ) think this may benefit us in the league is because if we have to go full strength to progress against sporting then we’d have to go full strength against everyone else who’s left in the competition to have any hope.

Some on here think we don’t have the squad quality to challenge on both fronts, maybe you do who knows.

Maybe you’d be happy to chuck the smaller chance of winning the league for the bigger chance of winning the Europa. A valid argument but not one I’d share, no chance we’d win both by the way.

It’s a tough balancing act for sure but if going out last night results in some small part to us wining the league it will have been a small price to pay….in my opinion.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:16 am
Clummo99 wrote:

Sorry but you totally lost me with that one. It absolutely isn't played on paper. One of the beauties of our league is that any result is possible against any team at any time really but to say that Palace are anything but shitting themselves over playing us is just silly.

And I didn't know that PV4 has gone already. :lol:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:42 am
He brought them on to try and win the fucking game :banghead:

The reason the oracles on here (of which I must be one :roll: ) think this may benefit us in the league is because if we have to go full strength to progress against sporting then we’d have to go full strength against everyone else who’s left in the competition to have any hope.

Some on here think we don’t have the squad quality to challenge on both fronts, maybe you do who knows.

Maybe you’d be happy to chuck the smaller chance of winning the league for the bigger chance of winning the Europa. A valid argument but not one I’d share, no chance we’d win both by the way.

It’s a tough balancing act for sure but if going out last night results in some small part to us wining the league it will have been a small price to pay….in my opinion.
Oracles as in Oracular? As in Blow Jobs? :? :D :wink:

I would also take the Prem Title Allllll Daaaay! Looooong! over the Europa Cup (which is just an excuse for Uefa to grab more money because the cL obviously doesn't pay them enough! :roll: Greedy CUNTTS)

I just hope that last nights game doesn't cause too much damage and Negatively impact the players etc as much as it can do: Not just the Defeat (Psychologically on everyone), But the Physical exertion and of course the Fucking Injuries... Which btw THANKS GOD YOU CUNNT, Why The Fuck couldn't it be that snowflake Vieira or Clive or Holding that got Injured!?

And now palace have sacked PV4 and apparently the Spanish Waiter had already been contacted... to take over.

Like I said "THANKS GOD YOU CUNNT!". :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

On a side note ,city have got drawn against Bayern in the next round

Real Madrid v Chelsea

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:17 am

Real Madrid v Chelsea
Exactly the draw I wanted, Bayern in the QF followed by Real in the semis for City, that’s 4 gruelling games into their schedule now :barscarf:

Oh sorry is that pathetic diversion tactics by me :oops:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:32 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Real Madrid v Chelsea
Exactly the draw I wanted, Bayern in the QF followed by Real in the semis for City, that’s 4 gruelling games into their schedule now :barscarf:

Yep perfect draw to keep them concentrating in other areas. :D :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Football isn’t played on paper. But you lot think it is. Chuck Europa. Win League. I think it’s a momentum game. Bad things happened last night. All for no real reason. If we were to chuck the Europa. Then chuck it. Don’t flog the squad 48 hours before a crucial league game.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:39 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:32 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

Real Madrid v Chelsea

Yep perfect draw to keep them concentrating in other areas. :D :barscarf:
I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave up chasing the league by the time they play us. For City the CL is more important than the league, win win for us but I hope they win it.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Would have got Juventus if we had won last night and then in the semis would have got Utd or sevilla