Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Sporting H Thurs Mar 16th 2023 KO 8pm

Post by augie »

My response to Teecee and Bobby -

This type of logic makes me laugh - how the fcuk can a player regain his sharpness if he isnt getting time on the pitch ? It isnt a magic wand where he can just automatically pick up from where he left off before he was injured - players need minutes on the pitch to regain sharpness cos all the training in the world doesnt get a player up to match speed. Players, even the best players, need to feel valued and no way can smith-rowe feel valued by arteta when he would rather watch vieira stink the place out of it on a weekly basis than play smith-rowe.

Re the bournemouth game, is that the same game where smith-rowe had the assist for ben white's goal ? Seeing as you brought up that game, can you remember a single thing that vieira did in the game ? See I would be the first to admit that smith-rowe isnt back to his best yet, but in that game he contributed an assist and was still subbed whilst the portugese pussy contributed the square root of fcuk all AGAIN. Fans can with justification make the argument that smith-rowe isnt playing well enough to be a starter right now, but he should be miles ahead of vieira in the pecking order but is being treated shockingly by arteta, and as long as he is sitting on the bench, he is never gonna get back that match sharpness that he needs, and then some will slate him more for looking off the pace - the kid has no chance

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Ideal and Very Happy Making Outcome from all this would be Us Winning the Title AND The PortuguesCUNTS beating manure in the semi-finals. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:08 pm
Been trying to post this a response to the Tee Cee / Bobby Pires discussion about ESR, but it keeps coming up "Internal server error" and won't accept my post. There's nothing controversial in terms of breaking forum rules in the post and I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, where the system wouldn't accept a post.

I wondered if this is what happens when someone blocks you and whether TeeCee or Bobby had blocked me, so I tried responding to their posts a few pages back and the posts were accepted. I'd only typed a single letter and then deleted the post.

Anyone know what's going on?
Nothing so elaborate mate. :lol: The server sometimes feels leetle beet neegle. :wink:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:06 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:25 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:32 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:17 am
On a side note ,city have got drawn against Bayern in the next round

Real Madrid v Chelsea
Exactly the draw I wanted, Bayern in the QF followed by Real in the semis for City, that’s 4 gruelling games into their schedule now :barscarf:

Oh sorry is that pathetic diversion tactics by me :oops:
And i would agree which is why there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever now if we don't go on and win the league. We've snobbily chosen to bin the EL and our title rivals now have the toughest teams left in the CL to play - a competition its widely agreed that they are hellbent on winning

A perfect draw indeed. No excuses remain!
Steve O we didn’t chose to bin it, we played a weakend first team who were not up to it.
Do you think Martinelli deliberately missed a penalty or Ramsdale who was an extra inch away from saving one or two let them in on purpose ?

Arteta misjudged how shit, a midfield of Vieira, Xhaka, and Jorginho would perform against a young, speedy, energetic opposition.

But if Saka or Odegaard or Party were injured in the Europa league, Arteta would have been crucified.

I hope he goes on another purge in the summer and bins off another 3 or 4 and recruits again, which all of Mcdowells sources appear to back :wink: :lol:
I think that midfield that you mention was the equivalent of binning it mate !

Anyway, it's done now. My full on strop is gradually subsiding as I'm on to my second pint of the evening

Let love spread round the room!
Ha ha true,

11 to go

🍻🍻

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:45 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:09 pm
Here's the response to Tee Cee and Bobby that I was trying to post.

I haven't got the time or energy to get involved in another drawn out barny on here, but a player who looked as good as ESR does not become a poor player. When he got injured last season (was Oct or Nov), he was our leading scorer, despite playing in midfield, or as a number 10 and was getting rave reviews here and in the media. Many on here (including me) thought that he might well be the brightest prospect of our very good young 3 and many (including me) would have started him ahead of Odegaard at the time...in fact he was generally picked ahead of Odegaard early last season.

He picked up the injury, didn't really get a look in when fit and then broke down again and has missed a huge amount of football. There's no way that he'll be instantly up to speed, but he needs some playing time. Last night would have been an ideal opportunity and whatever you guys think of him, he wouldn't be any worse than Vieira would he?!

I don't think he figures in Arteta's plans...if he can't get ahead of Xhaka (who can?!), or Vieira then he can't possibly figure...so for the sake of his career, he needs to request a move in the Summer. I'd be gutted to see him go, but I'd hate him to waste the chance of a decent career. I'd wish him nothing but good luck.
Aaaah Haaa! Our Plan is Working then! :lol:

Bastards!! You'll never fucking wear me down.

:lol: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:50 pm

This type of logic makes me laugh - how the fcuk can a player regain his sharpness if he isnt getting time on the pitch ? It isnt a magic wand where he can just automatically pick up from where he left off before he was injured - players need minutes on the pitch to regain sharpness cos all the training in the world doesnt get a player up to match speed. Players, even the best players, need to feel valued and no way can smith-rowe feel valued by arteta when he would rather watch vieira stink the place out of it on a weekly basis than play smith-rowe.

Re the bournemouth game, is that the same game where smith-rowe had the assist for ben white's goal ? Seeing as you brought up that game, can you remember a single thing that vieira did in the game ? See I would be the first to admit that smith-rowe isnt back to his best yet, but in that game he contributed an assist and was still subbed whilst the portugese pussy contributed the square root of fcuk all AGAIN. Fans can with justification make the argument that smith-rowe isnt playing well enough to be a starter right now, but he should be miles ahead of vieira in the pecking order but is being treated shockingly by arteta, and as long as he is sitting on the bench, he is never gonna get back that match sharpness that he needs, and then some will slate him more for looking off the pace - the kid has no chance
What I said, but using different words. The boy is quality and needs to play. As augie says, he's never gonna regain his form if he doesn't get game time.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:54 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Been trying to post this a response to the Tee Cee / Bobby Pires discussion about ESR, but it keeps coming up "Internal server error" and won't accept my post. There's nothing controversial in terms of breaking forum rules in the post and I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, where the system wouldn't accept a post.

I wondered if this is what happens when someone blocks you and whether TeeCee or Bobby had blocked me, so I tried responding to their posts a few pages back and the posts were accepted. I'd only typed a single letter and then deleted the post.

Nothing so elaborate mate. :lol: The server sometimes feels leetle beet neegle. :wink:

Well, I was somewhat surprised DB....I mean, it's unthinkable that anyone would block me. DB? Can you hear me DB? DB?.........

:lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:50 pm

Nelson assisted Ben White’s goal. Nelson came on for ESR who had been ineffective. One of those substituting a substitute rarities. ESR clearly has a motivation issue. I can see Arteta moving him on to be honest.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Well, I was somewhat surprised DB....I mean, it's unthinkable that anyone would block me. DB? Can you hear me DB? DB?.........

Why do I keep seeing Retro’s posts?? I thought I’d blocked him!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:55 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:45 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:09 pm
Here's the response to Tee Cee and Bobby that I was trying to post.

I haven't got the time or energy to get involved in another drawn out barny on here, but a player who looked as good as ESR does not become a poor player. When he got injured last season (was Oct or Nov), he was our leading scorer, despite playing in midfield, or as a number 10 and was getting rave reviews here and in the media. Many on here (including me) thought that he might well be the brightest prospect of our very good young 3 and many (including me) would have started him ahead of Odegaard at the time...in fact he was generally picked ahead of Odegaard early last season.

He picked up the injury, didn't really get a look in when fit and then broke down again and has missed a huge amount of football. There's no way that he'll be instantly up to speed, but he needs some playing time. Last night would have been an ideal opportunity and whatever you guys think of him, he wouldn't be any worse than Vieira would he?!

I don't think he figures in Arteta's plans...if he can't get ahead of Xhaka (who can?!), or Vieira then he can't possibly figure...so for the sake of his career, he needs to request a move in the Summer. I'd be gutted to see him go, but I'd hate him to waste the chance of a decent career. I'd wish him nothing but good luck.
Aaaah Haaa! Our Plan is Working then! :lol:

Bastards!! You'll never fucking wear me down.

:lol: :barscarf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JgEptmz_eE

:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

:lol:

Well I do have the power and I'm often tempted.... but I'd never do that.....

or would I...? :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:28 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

The cheque is in the post DB... Go on you said you would! :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:20 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Why do I keep seeing Retro’s posts?? I thought I’d blocked him!

:lol: :lol:
I know you’d never do that Bob. I’m one of the few on here who believes you’re idk. :lol: :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

If I ever got banned on here I’d wear it like a badge of honour. I’d be among the greats like US Martin, Babatunde and Red Member.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:22 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

If I ever got banned on here I’d wear it like a badge of honour. I’d be among the greats like US Martin, Babatunde and Red Member.
Walking amongst gods of men there mate! Sadly Wenger's Hat wasn't given enough time to establish himself as a legend but felt certain he would have done before Scary Irish Man banned him too!