PL Wages

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

PL Wages

Post by TeeCee »

I missed this article in the Daily Mirror a couple of days ago but have just seen it. Although the figures are from last season, I suspect we are not much closer to the clubs above us in this list. (Chavs wage bill must be close to 500m now)!!

This is another example of how good we've been getting rid of dead wood on sky high wages and also what can be done on a large but 'modest' budget compared to the biggest 3.

Premier League Big Six wage bill (2021/22)

Manchester United - £384m
Liverpool - £366m
Manchester City - £354m
Chelsea - £333m* (2021/21 figures)
Tottenham - £209m
Arsenal - £206m

BobbyPires7

Re: PL Wages

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Proves yet again that the old net spend is a total fallacy. If you sign someone for a pittance and then pay them £500k for a week then you have to include that in the total deal cost.

United are my bug bear at the moment but look at the state of their spending.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One of the many things that pissed me off with Arsene in that last decade was the myth so many Gooners bought that we had "no money", and yet Wenger was paying shit like Legohead Denilson and Alex Mong etc etc huge salaries and extending their contracts with pay rises for years after it was obvious they were shit - all the while pocketing 7million and later 8 million a year for himself.

Utter fucking shit. The money was always there to some extent. The problem was he was spending it incorrectly. :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:17 am
One of the many things that pissed me off with Arsene in that last decade was the myth so many Gooners bought that we had "no money", and yet Wenger was paying shit like Legohead Denilson and Alex Mong etc etc huge salaries and extending their contracts with pay rises for years after it was obvious they were shit - all the while pocketing 7million and later 8 million a year for himself.

Utter fucking shit. The money was always there to some extent. The problem was he was spending it incorrectly. :roll:

Exactly this. Spot on.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would imagine those figures have increased across the board for this season, but Manure and the Chavs are Way more than everyone else..

Casimero is reportedly on £380k a week! and God knows what the chavs must be paying Mudryk and Felix!? :?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:12 am
I missed this article in the Daily Mirror a couple of days ago but have just seen it. Although the figures are from last season, I suspect we are not much closer to the clubs above us in this list. (Chavs wage bill must be close to 500m now)!!

This is another example of how good we've been getting rid of dead wood on sky high wages and also what can be done on a large but 'modest' budget compared to the biggest 3.

Premier League Big Six wage bill (2021/22)

Manchester United - £384m
Liverpool - £366m
Manchester City - £354m
Chelsea - £333m* (2021/21 figures)
Tottenham - £209m
Arsenal - £206m

Most suprising is the money 💵 the scousers are getting :shock: :shock:

Who apart from Van Dyke and Salah are earning mega money ?

Obviously our wages will increase a fair bit with the new contracts for Saka, Saliba, and Martinelli along with Trossard and Jorginho coming on board but still nowhere near those above.

1 or 2 to jettison and replace, namely Xhaka, Pepe, and we are good to go :barscarf: :barscarf: