Fulham Fb A Sun 12th Mar KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: Fulham Fb A Sun 12th Mar KO 2pm

Post by Kingralph »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:29 pm
Trossard reminds me of WIltord in the way he makes a lot of runs, draws defenders and creates space for others.
Except Trossard is good.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nice to watch a game where you don't have to hide behind the sofa :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Trossard = MOTM. :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:03 pm
Trossard = MOTM. :barscarf:
I agree

He had made a real impact since signing, slotted in so well.

Odegaard, Partey and Both Saliba and Gebriel had great games too.

When we purr, it’s so great to watch

Still should have had about 5, just need a clinical finisher on the end of all those chances.

11 to go

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Well that was just about bloody perfect! As comfortable as it gets - top, professional job done. Is Leo Trossard going to be the signing of the season? It certainly looks that way......the guy is just perfect on the ball. We could even afford for Saka to have one of his least effective games. Lovely to see Jesus come off the bench full of hunger and running too. Thought Saliba had a stormer against that big lump too - especially as he has been called into question in encounters like this one

Fucking lovely stuff!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:58 pm
Trossard reminds me of WIltord in the way he makes a lot of runs, draws defenders and creates space for others.
Except Trossard is good.
You're harsh when it comes to players of the invincibles. Wiltord may not have scored as many goals as we would have liked but played a role in the title winning sides. I seem to remember him scoring a very important goal too.

Midz

Post by Midz »

A real pleasure to watch this afternoon. Everyone played well even Saka although he has dropped form of late but I'm sure he'll come good, no worries there.
Great to see Jesus back in action.

Midz

Post by Midz »

right then, off to be a Wolves fan for the rest of the afternoon. :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:58 pm
right then, off to be a Wolves fan for the rest of the afternoon. :D
Pope should have been sent off again, Saudi money in the VAR account :roll:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Just gutted Gary won't have to smile through it tonight on MOTD :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:06 pm
Just gutted Gary Glitter won't have to smile through it tonight on MOTD :barscarf:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

:D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:30 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:58 pm
Except Trossard is good.
You're harsh when it comes to players of the invincibles. Wiltord may not have scored as many goals as we would have liked but played a role in the title winning sides. I seem to remember him scoring a very important goal too.
I’m only harsh against that gormless prat. He was a slightly less idiotic Gervinho whose crapness was only forgotten about because he scored an important goal for us. Jimmy Carter level of rubbish.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

What a great performance, tore them apart in the 1st half and controlled things in the 2nd. Trossard was excellent again today and looks like an incredible signing. Really delighted to see Jesus back aswell. Really starting to believe we could actually win this.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:17 pm
Well that was just about bloody perfect! As comfortable as it gets - top, professional job done. Is Leo Trossard going to be the signing of the season? It certainly looks that way......the guy is just perfect on the ball. We could even afford for Saka to have one of his least effective games. Lovely to see Jesus come off the bench full of hunger and running too. Thought Saliba had a stormer against that big lump too - especially as he has been called into question in encounters like this one

Fucking lovely stuff!
Agree with all this. What a signing Trossard is proving to be. Just shows what can happen when you buy a bloke who's PL proven and can slip straight in, rather than the Old Fraud's approach of always trying to show how clever he was by unearthing unknown gems, none of which, from memory, worked after about 2004.

I thought the same thing about Saka, not his best day and gave the ball away a few times just in their half to put us under pressure, but he's entitled to an average day. The bright spot is that we can have a key player slightly off song, but there are plenty of others to pick up the slack.

I quite rate Mitrovic and he very often gives experienced centre halves a rough ride, but you're right, he barely got a sniff against Saliba. Whether we win the title or not, if we can keep this group of young players together, then the future looks bright indeed.