Palace pp H Sun 19th Mar KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Palace pp H Sun 19th Mar KO 2pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:31 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:29 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:26 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:20 pm
Great atmosphere in the ground. More of you need to make the effort to support the boys in person. :barscarf:
No offence Bobby but FFS Do You Have Any Idea Just How Damn Difficult It Is To Get a Ticket!?????? I mean I have tried all Ways and Means I have several Good friends Who Are Long Time (20 years at least) ST Holders and They Have Tried for me.

btw: If You Can Get me a Ticket can you PM me please?. :wink:
Weird responses. There’s people from all over the world getting tickets. Couple from the USA were just down from me today. Some Spaniards last week. French earlier this season. Some chap from Singapore a few games ago. Must be getting them from somewhere.
Did they say how much they paid for the tickets?
^^^This^^^

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Post Game Interview with Arteta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8altUxLjM0

Sounds Ominous about Tomi :?

Saliba to be assessed tomorrow, so should know more by Monday / Tuesday at the latest <fingers crossed) and Image

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:35 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Great atmosphere in the ground. More of you need to make the effort to support the boys in person. :barscarf:
No offence Bobby but FFS Do You Have Any Idea Just How Damn Difficult It Is To Get a Ticket!?????? I mean I have tried all Ways and Means I have several Good friends Who Are Long Time (20 years at least) ST Holders and They Have Tried for me.

Weird responses. There’s people from all over the world getting tickets. Couple from the USA were just down from me today. Some Spaniards last week. French earlier this season. Some chap from Singapore a few games ago. Must be getting them from somewhere.
Thing is Bobby the prices some of these tourists are paying is anything from 4 to 6 times face value.

I am willing g to go to Double the price but to go beyond that would not be within my moral compass mate.
Do you know what I found out one game? Season ticket holders who can’t go to a game are selling them on as the prices have gone through the roof. It’s not just touts. The ordinary match goer can sell a ticket for £200 and Arsenal don’t take a cut either. Just screenshot the ticket from their Apple wallet and there’s no risk to them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Great way to bounce back from Thursday. I got a late call up as my mate had an absolutely blazing row with his missus about missing going to the inlaws for Mother's Day, so on my way home after a nice few Guinnesses in the Bank of Friendship. I do love a comfortable win - can they all rock up like Brighton and Palace?

Fair play to every player today- not a poor performance amongst them. Palace look proper fucked so no more Dibley and the spaz Ultras hopefully

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Great win.
Title is ours to lose.

Delighted for Tierney. Class assist.
Last edited by Thynker on Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:55 pm
Great way to bounce back from Thursday. I got a late call up as my mate had an absolutely blazing row with his missus about missing going to the inlaws for Mother's Day, so on my way home after a nice few Guinnesses in the Bank of Friendship. I do love a comfortable win - can they all rock up like Brighton and Palace?

Fair play to every player today- not a poor performance amongst them. Palace look proper fucked so no more Dibley and the spaz Ultras hopefully

Good work mate. Love the BOF. Nothing better than a few pints after a home win with spring in the air. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

3 Minute Highlights of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv66ZOrPKSM

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:35 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Thing is Bobby the prices some of these tourists are paying is anything from 4 to 6 times face value.

I am willing g to go to Double the price but to go beyond that would not be within my moral compass mate.
Do you know what I found out one game? Season ticket holders who can’t go to a game are selling them on as the prices have gone through the roof. It’s not just touts. The ordinary match goer can sell a ticket for £200 and Arsenal don’t take a cut either. Just screenshot the ticket from their Apple wallet and there’s no risk to them.
Well that’s one thing that needs to be stopped.

I think your original comment saying we need to make more of an effort though is a bit naive.

For this match when I obviously didn’t get a ticket when they came on sale to red members (bern on the silver waiting list for 15 years by the way) I tried the ticket exchange.

This means you take on the robots- touts with super fast connection speeds that are hoovering up tickets.
I did get a ticket this way for the Everton match but looking back it was only because I have a fast computer in my office - I don’t think my personal laptop is quick enough because it is all about how fast you can refresh a screen.

So after a few hours of trying this week and not getting anywhere I gave up and tried the touts outside the ground today. I wasn’t prepared to pay above £100 so let it go when the cheapest I could get them down to was £120. Even gone kick off time I had one trying to flog me one for £150!

So anyway into the Arsenal Tavern for the Brighton game on the TV. Although no one was watching it. Instead there were dozens of die hard fans huddled round phones streaming the game. It’s crazy - these people 30 years ago would be in the middle of the North Bank - now they are excluded from their local club.

Only increasingly old season ticket holders and foreign tourists who will pay whatever is demanded are getting in for these final games of the season. Quite a sad situation really.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

cameron326 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:58 pm
Did Ramsdale get any credit for that early save from Zaha, or was it just “lucky Arsenal” from the pundits? Looked like touched it onto the post - awesome save.
He definitely got a touch in it, the “lucky” 🍀 part was when it rebounded onto him, could have easily ended up in the net.

Don’t think we were at our best, but didn’t need to be thankfully

3 more points, another game down

We will be top going into April :shock: :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Confirmed: William Saliba has WITHDRAWN from the France national team squad for their upcoming Euro 2024 qualifiers against the Netherlands & Republic of Ireland due to injury.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:06 pm
🚨 Confirmed: William Saliba has WITHDRAWN from the France national team squad for their upcoming Euro 2024 qualifiers against the Netherlands & Republic of Ireland due to injury.
I thought he would play in those games to be honest.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That Saliba injury is going to be critical to our fate this season, I just pray that it’s minor. Holding did will today but again he was rash at times trying to win every ball when it wasn’t on.

There will be certain duels in a game that you just can’t win but your job is to limit the options the opponent has of hurting you, close the space, push him wide, keep tight.

In the first half today he went flying into a tackle 60 yards up the pitch in a challenge he was never winning. 10 seconds later Zaha hits the post because we were hole open at the back.

We got away with that today but will be severely punished if he tries that shit away at city or the victims. He had to be subbed off at HT in the cup game at city because like at the scum the season before he’d lost control of himself and was a red card waiting to happen.

There’s a real rashness about his game now which is the the complete opposite of Saliba who exudes calmness out on the pitch. Holding just needs to take a breath, know the tackles he can win but more importantly know which ones he can’t.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Never in doubt despite the stars aligning against us.

Pray for saliba and and injury free interlull

Not seen any of it as out all day for lunch. So MOTD2 beckons.

We couldn't could we?

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:11 pm

Never in doubt despite the stars aligning against us.

Pray for saliba and and injury free interlull

Not seen any of it as out all day for lunch. So MOTD2 beckons.

We couldn't could we?
We're going to.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:06 pm
I thought he would play in those games to be honest.
Thank fuck he won't play. Now if we could only get Saka rested.