Leeds H Sat 1st April

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Leeds H Sat 1st April

Post by OneBardGooner »

Post Match Presser with Arteta on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65073189

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:49 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:23 pm
Team actually looks like it could do with the week off before the next game. Shit as Liverpool have been that level we produced today won’t be good enough at Anfield.

Hopefully they freshen up after the full 7 days rest.

Pool away to the chavs Tues night while our lads are resting
11th v 8th :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

We're going to win the league people :barscarf: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Great to see us sweeping teams aside, and to have Jesus back scoring is another huge boost. 9 more to go, and at the moment the magic number is 95 to win the title, that allows us to drop just 4 points in our next 9, presuming City win all their remaining games. I find every game I'm beyond nervous, can't imagine what I'm going to be like going into the last couple of games.

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:40 pm
Post Match Presser with Arteta on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65073189
100 wins for Arteta :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:

As many injuries and red cards as possible please.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:05 pm
Great to see us sweeping teams aside, and to have Jesus back scoring is another huge boost. 9 more to go, and at the moment the magic number is 95 to win the title, that allows us to drop just 4 points in our next 9, presuming City win all their remaining games. I find every game I'm beyond nervous, can't imagine what I'm going to be like going into the last couple of games.
If City win all their games, then we need to win our other 8. Otherwise the best we can do is be level with them and then it's up to goal difference.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

We really should beat Liverpool. Their fullbacks were abysmal. Robertson gets all the attention for Klopp's reaction but TAA played like he had lead in his boots.

Liverpool won't sit deep so Saka and Martinelli can fill their boots.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

we couldnt could we??

holding scares the shit out of me, their opening attacks all at him, fear what salah and co running at him could do, but we need to attack them as defensively their poor, especially TRENT, absolute awful defender.

need big willy back.

wish esr and tiereny had a bit more game time, i know they both played internationals, but fear some of the rumours here that they are off, i hope its just easing them back in in ESR's case.

John F

Post by John F »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:40 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

we couldnt could we??

holding scares the shit out of me, their opening attacks all at him, fear what salah and co running at him could do, but we need to attack them as defensively their poor, especially TRENT, absolute awful defender.

need big willy back.

wish esr and tiereny had a bit more game time, i know they both played internationals, but fear some of the rumours here that they are off, i hope its just easing them back in in ESR's case.
Great second-half performance but I thought the subs were a bit odd.Saka has been ill apparently and did not need to come on. Jesus looked like he was enjoying himself and I thought he would get a hat trick if he had remained which would have done wonders for his confidence.5 minutes for Tierney and ESR was pointless and they must be getting pissed off.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:49 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

As many injuries and red cards as possible please.
:D :high5: