Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I posted a few days ago that Saliba is being targeted to return against City.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:48 pm
Can you tell me if we win the league? I reckon we're going to win it by two points but what does your inside info tell us?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:52 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:48 pm
Can you tell me if we win the league? I reckon we're going to win it by two points but what does your inside info tell us?
I’ll tell you if we win the League. Are you not going to watch it though?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It can all feel a little bit helpless going up against that city juggernaut. We’ve won 7 and drawn 1 of our last 8 games yet it feels like the balloon has been popped.

We all laughed when Liverpool ended up on 97 points and it still wasn’t enough to win the league. It’s fucking exhausting how relentless they are.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We are playing a financially doped state sponsored entity. They took their eye off the ball earlier this season and we capitalised. Unfortunately they woke up a couple of months ago and we had to be perfect to stay ahead. Today we dropped a massive bollock. Context is everything and I get how a point looked good by the end. But we should have been out of sight. It’s sad but it would take them to start dropping points again for us to win the League. It’s possible but hard to see on current form. So fucking annoying.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

My biggest annoyance today was Partey's performance. Even when we were in the ascendancy for the first 30 odd minutes he was pretty anonymous.

Would have taken a point before the game but can't help feeling a bit disappointed.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Every single player bar ramsdale and gabi maghales is guilty of falling apart after the xhkunt incident.

It was so easy for us in the first 40 crowd were quiet and on their backs. We were winning every 2nd ball. Every player was doing well I luding partey and xhakunt was at least anonymous.

It all changed when the brain dead prick riled them up and got the crowd on their side and actually made trent try.

From then on kt was crap. Worrying how we compleltey shrunk bar the 2 aforementioned players.

I can only put it down to fear as theis Liverpool team are very poor. We should have won this 3-1 easy had xhakunt not done what he did.

I'm so angry about this. Arteta should have changed things much earlier yes, Jesus was dead on his feet and tierney should have been on as again zinchenko was all over the place and sloppy (he is a risk reward player, dropping into midfield helps no end but also exposes us and he does get sloppy as games go on). The kiwior sub made 0 sense and felt sorry for him. Was pointless. Odergaard went missing but they all did bar the 2 I mentioned 2nd half but as captain he should have done more to calm us down. Also our constant rime wasting didn't help either tbh as it just gave the crowd a sense of injustice and drove them on. We all k ow holding is an accident waiting to happen but such was our control I thought it wouldnt matter, but them on at us he is the last player you want in the heart of defence. Unless saliba is back soon it really is curtains.

Yes Arteta fucked up in game management and the players were scared but nome of this happens if it wasn't for that *word censored* riling the crowd and players up when we were I total control.

So so angry as it was there for us and one incident cost us.

Excuse spelling phone typing

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:00 pm
It can all feel a little bit helpless going up against that city juggernaut. We’ve won 7 and drawn 1 of our last 8 games yet it feels like the balloon has been popped.

We all laughed when Liverpool ended up on 97 points and it still wasn’t enough to win the league. It’s fucking exhausting how relentless they are.
Tell you what if we don’t win the league this season then this is really not good news for the PL.
I thought Liverpool’s dominance in the 80s was bad enough - this is on another level.

It is very hard for any team to compete against them - they are a relentless machine.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Just watched the highlights on motd2 and what a fuck up we made of that today :cry: In total control until Xhaka got involved :cry: Fuckin selfish prick :cry: I'm sitting here gutted,utterly gutted :cry: we fuckin had it in the bag and that fuckin idiot fucked it :cry: Titles are won and lost on games like today's and we melted big style under the pressure after he fucked up :cry: If City had been 2up and cruising there today there's no way they would've left with anything less than 3pts,that's the difference between us,well they don't have a fanny like Clive on their books either :oops: He was always going to cost us this season at some point and that point was today :cry:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I don’t care what anyone says. That was 2 points dropped.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:30 pm
Absolutely spot on :cry: Feels like a loss.It was a total choke job,no way City would've fucked it from that position today.Thats why they'll win it.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:34 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Absolutely spot on :cry: Feels like a loss.It was a total choke job,no way City would've fucked it from that position today.Thats why they'll win it.
When you have your foot on their throat you kill them quickly and efficiently. You don’t fuck around and let them fight back. Xhaka is a c unt.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:55 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:34 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
When you have your foot on their throat you kill them quickly and efficiently. You don’t fuck around and let them fight back. Xhaka is a c unt.
Sad thing is Xhaka will be first name on the team sheet next week :cry: Just like he always is.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We're all gutted but we do need to remember we have the youngest squad in the PL who have never done this before, it does make a difference. We have Clive, a clusterfuck of a player, too slow to move and even slower to think, worshipped by our manager who has done amazingly well this season but who sometimes makes poor decisions in important moments.
Xhaka cost us, and leaving Zinchenko on, who deserted his position constantly, was awful decision making. Salah should have been up against Tierney after 50 mins yesterday but Arteta went into Wenger mode again to just let shit happen and not be proactive when changes needed to be made. We'll drop at least 4 points in our run of games against City, Chelsea, Brighton and the Geordies and even though I think we will get at least a draw at City, we'll come up short. The squad isn't there yet but I don't think it's right to slaughter ourselves for that result.
The biggest thing this summer is to sign someone to oust Xhaka from this team, we can't win the league with him playing every/most game (s).

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Still fucking fuming

Fuck off Xhaka you masive shitcunt