Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:50 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:47 pm
McDowell the echo. :lol:
With a head the size of yours I'm sure it sounds like an echo :wink:
You have a habit of posting stuff that has appeared several times in a thread already. Not really sure why you do it.

You’ve also mistaken me posting simple stuff I see in my neighbourhood as an ego. Says more about you than me.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:49 pm
Six points clear and they have a game in hand. Still rather be in our shoes. The world and his wife reckons it's all over because we have to go there. I'll wait for the "You haven't got a prayer Arsenal" headlines. I'm a terrible fucking pessimist but we're doing it. We're winning the league.
I admire this level of positivity but I just don't see us winning the league. When the pressure got ramped up today, so many of our lot hid and were shitting themselves and only for a penalty miss and some world class keeping we were getting a proper drubbing in that 2nd half. There are too many of our players that hide in big moments and teams like that don't win titles.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
It's still in our hands.... but with a manager that thinks Rob Holding is a centre half and that Lobotomy Clive is the answer to any question outside of "who is the biggest cùnt on planet Earth" I really don't know if we can do it.

Citeh have a clanger or two in them. Here's hoping we see them. :box:

And here's hoping Lobotomy Clive does his ACL in training. :censored:
Arteta said that we lost control of the game after 3 mins of the 2nd half. Why he did not try and change things earlier is a mystery. There is something about Anfield that makes Arsenal managers make poor decisions. Clive should have stayed in the dressing room for the second and Tierney and Trossard should have been on a lot earlier.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I don't read every post on here,do you think I should ask your permission before I post.Your arrogance is outstanding ,I've deliberately stayed away from commenting on anything you post,I don't want to be annoying other posters going back and forth in a spat with a conceited clown like you.

Do you still think we will finish 4th :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

City still need to go away to Brighton.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:58 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:50 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:47 pm
McDowell the echo. :lol:
With a head the size of yours I'm sure it sounds like an echo :wink:
You have a habit of posting stuff that has appeared several times in a thread already. Not really sure why you do it.

You’ve also mistaken me posting simple stuff I see in my neighbourhood as an ego. Says more about you than me.

Where have I ever commented on where you live. :rubchin:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

City are now favourites for the title.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:06 pm
I don't read every post on here,do you think I should ask your permission before I post.Your arrogance is outstanding ,I've deliberately stayed away from commenting on anything you post,I don't want to be annoying other posters going back and forth in a spat with a conceited clown like you.

Do you still think we will finish 4th :roll:
Oh the insults. Poor old chap.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:05 pm
Six points clear and they have a game in hand. Still rather be in our shoes. The world and his wife reckons it's all over because we have to go there. I'll wait for the "You haven't got a prayer Arsenal" headlines. I'm a terrible fucking pessimist but we're doing it. We're winning the league.
I admire this level of positivity but I just don't see us winning the league. When the pressure got ramped up today, so many of our lot hid and were shitting themselves and only for a penalty miss and some world class keeping we were getting a proper drubbing in that 2nd half. There are too many of our players that hide in big moments and teams like that don't win titles.
I know mate. I know what you mean but we withstood that onslaught for a while and would have folded in years gone by. We'd have been blown away 18 months ago and winning titles is about getting points when you don't play well all game. That was today. Man City had that down as a win for the dippers but we've come out of that with a point. I'll take that. Yes, we could have won it but we could have lost that about three times. It's all about points on the board. We will win all our home games, draw away at city and beat Newcastle.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

There's a friend or foe function on here ,feel free to use it ,probably wasn't something you were aware of .

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

There’s a friend or foe function on here.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I think it's fucked lads :cry: To be 2 up with our cocks out and to have their shitehole stadium quiet was the stuff of champions..We all know what happened next :cry: That bastard has cost us big time today and to see him get the armband ffs I'm numb I honestly am.He should've been hooked at half time the useless fuckin arsehole :cry: but he plays the full game :banghead: also Tierney should've been on much earlier,put Zinchenko in the middle n Tierney at full back but as usual he doesn't get on til after the damage is done.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:17 pm
There’s a friend or foe function on here.
I wish I knew that when Chamakh and Sanogo played for us.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:13 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:05 pm
I know mate. I know what you mean but we withstood that onslaught for a while and would have folded in years gone by. We'd have been blown away 18 months ago and winning titles is about getting points when you don't play well all game. That was today. Man City had that down as a win for the dippers but we've come out of that with a point. I'll take that. Yes, we could have won it but we could have lost that about three times. It's all about points on the board. We will win all our home games, draw away at city and beat Newcastle.
The problem for me is less the result and more the fact that Ramsdale's utter brilliance saved that from being another one of those 6-2 type days. After 40 minutes the performance was as bad as the 4-0 thumping there last season. Would love to way it was well earned but really only through one man. The way the midfield folded against Fabinho and Henderson was desperately worrying

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Zinchenko reminds me of the energiser bunny at the start, all purpose, but no direction........but unlike the energiser bunny his purpose eventually goes as well, which leaves us with a guy who runs around blindly like his head has been cut off. Then there is Odegaard, absolutely sublime in most games, BUT when it turns into a battle, he disappears. It would help if he had a Kante, a Viera or a Roy Keane beside him to do the dirty work and leave him with the space he thrives in........but he doesn't, he has Xhaka, which is the same as being on your own. Perhaps worse??

I still think we need to win, not draw, win, at Newcastle and we'll win the league. Lose there and I think we might fall away from City completely.

And Saliba, another one of those Arsenal "strains" which equate to 6 months on the sidelines :banghead: :banghead: