Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:10 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:06 pm
I’ve been saying it for about a month. City will win every game. We had to be perfect as they will beat us and we couldn’t even draw one game.
If they just had league matches to play then yes they will.
However the big factor here is that they are still involved in the Champions league - and I will be cheering them on v Bayern Munich.
They have potentially 4 CL games and an FA Cup SF to play before the end of the league season, which will not be easy.
Their fixtures are so easy they could put out a second 11. The FA Cup is vs Sheff Utd. They could put out a third team against them.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
I’ve been saying it for about a month. City will win every game. We had to be perfect as they will beat us and we couldn’t even draw one game.
Throw in 4 games against Bayern and Madrid to their schedule and I doubt they win every game in the league from here on in.

If they do then they deserve to win it as they’ll have won 13 on the bounce in the league to close out the season.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:05 pm
I’m looking at that Everton game too steveo, last season when Everton were in the total shit near the end they pulled out home wins against united and the chavs to stay up.

We need Everton to have everything riding on that game against city, crowd will be electric, 100 miles an hour rush ball. Won’t suit city at all. Everton already got a point at the ethiad this season.

Brentford away lat game too, just need Brentford not to be on the beach so hopefully they’re chasing a Europa spot.
Big Dychey won't let us down mate :wink:
Please, fucking please make it happen. Poetic justice as old Pleaty would say 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:01 pm
Even at 2-0 i knew we wouldnt win.
I hate these c u n t s !
We wont win league now!
I hope every mothers son who had someone die at hillsboro, still lie in bed every nite wrestling with their conscience and absolvement if blame
Sid, come on, mate. I know, but don't do that. We know how we all feel about them but don't bother going down that route. Right minded individuals know The Truth. Their families know too. My thoughts always turn to those who died at Heysel. Keep their memory alive instead, mate. Make sure that never gets forgotten.

Perryashburtongroves

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:05 pm
I’m looking at that Everton game too steveo, last season when Everton were in the total shit near the end they pulled out home wins against united and the chavs to stay up.

We need Everton to have everything riding on that game against city, crowd will be electric, 100 miles an hour rush ball. Won’t suit city at all. Everton already got a point at the ethiad this season.

Brentford away lat game too, just need Brentford not to be on the beach so hopefully they’re chasing a Europa spot.
Big Dychey won't let us down mate :wink:
Please, fucking please make it happen. Poetic justice as old Pleaty would say 8)

We're wining the league by two points.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:25 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:24 pm
John F wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:22 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:20 pm
Title gone and it's all down to that xhaxa *word censored*
Arteta has been poor with his subs as well
More at fault than Xhaka in my opinion
Wtf are you on about the game turned completely on xhaka s cuntiness
!00% - We were "Coasting" the home fans were quiet and then Xhaka being the Dullard Uber-thick-as-shyteCunt that he is handed them the Momentum.

I have never 'Hated' an Arsenal player till him.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

That was absolutely piss poor today. How has Arteta managed us for 3 years and still thinks Xhaka is the answer, the guy should have been out of the club years ago, clueless management to persist with him. Xhaka aside , that was such a cowardly performance 2nd half, no one with any composure and we were just hoping to hang on and that Ramsdale would bale us out. As for Zinchenko, beyond pathetic for their equaliser. How anyone thinks we are getting anything against City at the Etihad is beyond me. I think we have fucked it today, title winning teams don't shit the bed like we did In the 2nd half.

John F

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:56 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:50 pm
If we get a point at City then we can also afford to get a point at Newcastle - and win the league by 1 point
I think we are going to have to get a point there I really do

All season I've been saying how vulnerable City are to dropping points but I just took a look at their run in

Leicester (h)
Arsenal (h)
Fulham (a)
West Ham (h)
Leeds (h)
Everton (a)
Chelsea (h)
Brentford (a)

If you had to handpick a series of games now against teams that have just about chucked it in or are dropping like a stone that would be the list. Leicester without manager and going down. Fulham haven't played well for over a month since they talked about Europe. West Ham and Leeds are both going for 5 apiece in those games, and the Chavs are anyone's away from home

Funnily enough a pumped up Everton who will need to kick and scream their way to a point are the only ones I see putting up any resistance and less likely Brentford if there is any hope of a Europa place
I think they have Brighton away too

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Brighton game hasn't been re arranged yet.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

McDowell the echo. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not putting any hope at Brighton's door either. Their hopes went up in smoke yesterday and I can see them doing a Fulham by the time that game comes round

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's still in our hands.... but with a manager that thinks Rob Holding is a centre half and that Lobotomy Clive is the answer to any question outside of "who is the biggest cùnt on planet Earth" I really don't know if we can do it.

Citeh have a clanger or two in them. Here's hoping we see them. :box:

And here's hoping Lobotomy Clive does his ACL in training. :censored:

Perryashburtongroves

Six points clear and they have a game in hand. Still rather be in our shoes. The world and his wife reckons it's all over because we have to go there. I'll wait for the "You haven't got a prayer Arsenal" headlines. I'm a terrible fucking pessimist but we're doing it. We're winning the league.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:47 pm
McDowell the echo. :lol:
With a head the size of yours I'm sure it sounds like an echo :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:49 pm
It's still in our hands.... but with a manager that thinks Rob Holding is a centre half and that Lobotomy Clive is the answer to any question outside of "who is the biggest cùnt on planet Earth" I really don't know if we can do it.

Citeh have a clanger or two in them. Here's hoping we see them. :box:

And here's hoping Lobotomy Clive does his ACL in training. :censored:
They will blink first. It's all about the Champions League for them. They won't be up for it one weekend and that will cost them. We will get a point up there. We're doing it, Old Chap. We're fucking doing it.