West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
barnetgooner

Re: West Ham Mf A Sun 16th April KO 2pm

Post by barnetgooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:48 pm

The point I was making rodders, is that this season city seem to be fixated on champs league and that they have dropped silly points in the league that they wouldnt have dropped in other years - had they not done so then they might be out of sight by now
I just don’t think this is true or at all related to a focus on the CL. They lost at Old Trafford, Anfield and the N17 Toilet Bowl… none of which are unheard of. They drew away at Villa and Newcastle back in August/early Sep well before the CL started and at on NYE at home to Everton which again was nowhere near a CL match.

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:08 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:09 am
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:33 am
A forum like this can be therapeutic, particularly when you're pissed off after a bad result. Posting more when we lose has little to do with a level of fandom but more to do with not needing to say much when we win. No one on here wants to see the club lose, and posts claiming they do tend to be from 'super fans' who get frustrated because they are overly positive and most on here aren't. If you don't like what someone is saying then don't engage with them.

Sid isnt a superfan - he is a hypocrite who used to bitch and slate on here as much as anyone did, but now that he has "seen the light", we are all supposed to agree with him or be damned otherwise :roll:
No Augie!
I have been happy to see us lose when it was for the greater good, ie, to get rid of Wenger when he was harming the club!
When Emery was taking us nowhere and the dressing room was running the team, because he wasn't strong enough!
You however and others on here, seem hell fucking bent on seeing Arteta fail, when in fact he has transformed us into title challengers in just a few years!
What the fuck do you want Augie? You are a nutter!
I am going to block your posts because I honestly can't trust myself to read another single one of your negative hate fuelled rants again
, without posting something I would regret!

Like I said, a cowardly hypocritical c.unt is what you are :oops: Show me where I have ranted lately - like I said already, I havent been losing my shit cos I never expected us to win the league in first place. You (and your child like supporter :roll: ) run for the hills any time you are called out on your ramblings - when I say something I will stand behind it (and not use beer as an excuse) and will discuss it amicably with anyone intelligent enough to have a debate with, but you (and one or two others) feel entitled to go after other fans on here and question their motives when your history has shown you to be anything but a superfan. I never see any of the fans labelled as negative openly going after the superfans on here when they are proved right, so why is it c.unts like you think you have a right to rant at others

I dont give a flying fcuk what you think of me and if you block my posts or not - others might have choosen to ignore/forget your dark rants in the past (but they were of course ok cos you deemed it necessary :roll: ), but I remember the type of fan you are

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Lads, can I ask you both to please leave out the personal insults and abuse. Cheers.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:00 pm
Lads, can I ask you both to please leave out the personal insults and abuse. Cheers.

I show respect to those who show me respect - if any c.unt wants to abuse me then they deserve no respect imo

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

This thread is turning into Alan Partridge's worst dream with all these scary Irish men

Would you like me to lapdance for you... :D

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:24 pm
This thread is turning into Alan Partridge's worst dream with all these scary Irish men

I hope no chocolate mousse is harmed at any point.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:24 pm

:lol:

Monkey tennis? :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:10 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

I show respect to those who show me respect - if any c.unt wants to abuse me then they deserve no respect imo
Maybe so but there are rules about personal insults and abuse.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:08 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah!!!! You tell Em Ya ***** ! :mrgreen:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

And as long as I have been a member here I have never gone after anyone with personal abuse because I dont agree with what they say, but I'll be fcuked if I am going to take abuse from a hypocrite or anyone for that matter. There is a pattern in play that has existed for years - some fans will choose to be full of optimism (which is their right) and some will remain pessimistic (also their right). However when things start going down the shitter on the pitch, the optimists here seem to take it as their cue to go after the pessimistic fans - I could understand that if anyone was posting I told you so comments here but that isnt happening, so who the fcuk gives these c.unts the right to hound me or anyone else and label me a nutter ? Fcuk that shit and if you want to nip the personal abuse in the bud then maybe some people need to be reminded that a forum is about people expressing their opinions, but sometimes it is like a schoolyard gang mentality here and others might be willing to accept it but I wont

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

This place is an absolute fucking powder keg at the moment, WUMs roaming free across the site, gang warfare and open hostility around every corner, trolls, threats and violence have now become the norm. I tell ya we're one Rob Holding disaster-class away form the whole thing going up in flames :shock:

The OG Forum - pure box office :barscarf:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:49 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

And as long as I have been a member here I have never gone after anyone with personal abuse because I dont agree with what they say, but I'll be fcuked if I am going to take abuse from a hypocrite or anyone for that matter. There is a pattern in play that has existed for years - some fans will choose to be full of optimism (which is their right) and some will remain pessimistic (also their right). However when things start going down the shitter on the pitch, the optimists here seem to take it as their cue to go after the pessimistic fans - I could understand that if anyone was posting I told you so comments here but that isnt happening, so who the fcuk gives these c.unts the right to hound me or anyone else and label me a nutter ? Fcuk that shit and if you want to nip the personal abuse in the bud then maybe some people need to be reminded that a forum is about people expressing their opinions, but sometimes it is like a schoolyard gang mentality here and others might be willing to accept it but I wont
Preaching to the converted buddy. I've seen it and been on the receiving end of it from the AKB and the Arteta cultists for years!

I've ALWAYS defended everyone's right to post what they feel or think - within the couple of basic rules we have.

All I'm doing is asking you both to calm down and stop the personal insults and abuse before it gets to a stage where someone has to get banned - something that is only ever done as a last resort for long serving members (or trolls) and something I don't want to be forced to do and something no one wants to see happen.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:24 pm
This place is an absolute fucking powder keg at the moment, WUMs roaming free across the site, gang warfare and open hostility around every corner, trolls, threats and violence have now become the norm. I tell ya we're one Rob Holding disaster-class away form the whole thing going up in flames :shock:

Hostgator checking his studs and taking his bib off as we speak!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Let me tell you something brother, whatcha gonna do, when the Hostgator runs wild on you! :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Can Hostgator play centre back?